05-29-2017 09:25 AM
30 12
tools
    Ok, now there is a new cumulative update out and I'm still getting the same error message. Has anyone got the official CU working on an Icon??? What's the problem here???
    Have you solved this problem, I'm still having the exact same problem as you and tried all the same on my Icon, I even went off insider builds and nothing help. At one point it did start downloading for about 10 minutes then back to the same message.
    05-13-2017 07:34 AM
    Leave Verizon.
    My wife and I tested out both AT&T and T-Mobile with no contract, month to month service. We found them both to be less expensive and there is no noticeable difference in signal strength nor availability.
    We purchased outright the Lumia 950 and 950XL with leather Mozo replacement body shells. They are thin, great and beautiful phones and we are free of contracts and Verizon.
    I was going to make the same point. If at all possible, ditch Verizon. Go unlocked GSM. Enjoy life. :)
    pmhgeneral likes this.
    05-13-2017 08:20 AM
    Elite X3. The camera is 80% of what my 950XL had, but it's not horrible. This phone will keep you current longer than anything else available. Alcatel has yet to drop a firmware fix for that gimmick crap Idol, the dropped support for it IMO. HP will continue support til the end of the X3 life or til the successor comes out. Again, IMO. On AT&T and it works great. With the best battery life I've ever had with a smartphone btw.
    pmhgeneral likes this.
    05-13-2017 07:05 PM
    Have you solved this problem, I'm still having the exact same problem as you and tried all the same on my Icon, I even went off insider builds and nothing help. At one point it did start downloading for about 10 minutes then back to the same message.
    I have. Had to use WRDT. And that was not fun and I lost some apps that weren't available in the store anymore. But ... it worked ...
    pmhgeneral likes this.
    05-29-2017 01:46 AM
    I have. Had to use WRDT. And that was not fun and I lost some apps that weren't available in the store anymore. But ... it worked ...

You can always sideload any apps that aren't there anymore. I did that with a few games that are gone.
    05-29-2017 09:25 AM
30 12