Verizon customer with Lumia Icon. What do i do?

Tjarren

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Ok, got it on the Slow Ring, but when moving back to the RP to get the official release, I keep getting an error message (0x80070273). Anyone else getting this? Any idea how to fix it?

buzzard75

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Ok, got it on the Slow Ring, but when moving back to the RP to get the official release, I keep getting an error message (0x80070273). Anyone else getting this? Any idea how to fix it?

I'm in the same boat. I've already tried a soft reset, a hard reset, changing the Insider ring, basically everything except running the Windows Device Recovery Tool. I don't see how that's any different than a hard reset though since the hard reset reinstalls the last operating system build that was installed and erases everything anyway. There has to be something else going on here. The phone acts like it wants to update and says it's initializing and I occasionally catch a glimpse of what looks like the download progress bar and it says 100%, and then it just pops up with this error.

Tjarren

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Ok, now there is a new cumulative update out and I'm still getting the same error message. Has anyone got the official CU working on an Icon??? What's the problem here???

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Ok, now there is a new cumulative update out and I'm still getting the same error message. Has anyone got the official CU working on an Icon??? What's the problem here???

I have it and updated to .297 today. Sounds like you did everything correctly, upgrading to the CU via the Slow Ring and then changing to RP. Only thing I can suggest is to use the WDRT and then upgrade from there.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site

Have you solved this problem, I'm still having the exact same problem as you and tried all the same on my Icon, I even went off insider builds and nothing help. At one point it did start downloading for about 10 minutes then back to the same message.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Leave Verizon.
My wife and I tested out both AT&T and T-Mobile with no contract, month to month service. We found them both to be less expensive and there is no noticeable difference in signal strength nor availability.
We purchased outright the Lumia 950 and 950XL with leather Mozo replacement body shells. They are thin, great and beautiful phones and we are free of contracts and Verizon.

I was going to make the same point. If at all possible, ditch Verizon. Go unlocked GSM. Enjoy life. :)

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Elite X3. The camera is 80% of what my 950XL had, but it's not horrible. This phone will keep you current longer than anything else available. Alcatel has yet to drop a firmware fix for that gimmick crap Idol, the dropped support for it IMO. HP will continue support til the end of the X3 life or til the successor comes out. Again, IMO. On AT&T and it works great. With the best battery life I've ever had with a smartphone btw.

Tjarren

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Have you solved this problem, I'm still having the exact same problem as you and tried all the same on my Icon, I even went off insider builds and nothing help. At one point it did start downloading for about 10 minutes then back to the same message.

I have. Had to use WRDT. And that was not fun and I lost some apps that weren't available in the store anymore. But ... it worked ...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss