Quite the question huh? So - what does Microsoft need to do to bring you back to Windows Mobile? Or, if you're still using Windows Mobile, what would you tell others to bring them back into the fold?
    04-27-2017 09:58 AM
    Make it a choice people talk about in general. Although, to be fair, I do have a windows phone (still). I was in a shop recently and I was looking for some stylusses I could try. The shop assistent took out his phone, and it looked like a Samsung Note (it wasn't, though, although it was a Samsung), and the shop assistent tried to convince me that "the next windows phone will be android". When I pointed out that "Windows" is an OS - from Microsoft, he went "You know what I mean, the next Microsoft phone will be Android".

And they had the Lumia 950XL on display.

If it's not on "people's" mind, idiotic shop assistants will continue to spout nonsense like that. And people (like my GF) are done with Windows phones (she misses some apps). I don't really miss any apps, and I really like Windows mobile. For her, she's not interested in iPhones or anything Apple (nor am I. Been an Apple user for two decades before I switched 5 years or so ago). That leaves Google phones. Frigging Android phones with lacking security and severely tied into google services (which I also dislike with a vengeance).

I would tell would-be windows phone users to wait a while, not listen to shop assistents, and show them how my phone works. Even the "app screen" is superior to iPhones and Android phones. I so like the start screen, and it's an easy "sell", so to speak.
    TgeekB likes this.
    04-27-2017 03:02 PM
    I want 1000 shares of MSFT added to our portfolio and free Office for life.
    Then I'll make the return :)
    TgeekB likes this.
    04-27-2017 07:33 PM
    after what I just read... resurrection of the platform.
    04-27-2017 08:48 PM
    Samsung dedication can they do that ? Samsung spent billions of dollars on their smartphones can Microsoft do that ? i don't think so their money spent on azure that's their future, not windows mobile or xbox or surface its the cloud. they lost the consumers and i don't think they can do anything to change it, keep focusing on your enterprise work MS thats where you belong
    04-28-2017 02:14 AM
    New rumour , Microsoft will winding up its mobile business in June.😭😭😭

Sent from mTalk
    04-28-2017 05:36 AM
    New rumour , Microsoft will winding up its mobile business in June.

Sent from mTalk
    Where is that rumour from?

Why would they roll out the creator's update to Windows Mobile, all to end it all two months on?
    04-28-2017 04:52 PM
    Nvm. I found the rumour. I'm not sure they're talking about "Windows Mobile". I think the pseudo nihilistic viewpoints from those people are wrong. I'm pretty sure it means Lumia is dead. That's it, I think.
    TgeekB likes this.
    04-28-2017 05:11 PM
    Nvm. I found the rumour. I'm not sure they're talking about "Windows Mobile". I think the pseudo nihilistic viewpoints from those people are wrong. I'm pretty sure it means Lumia is dead. That's it, I think.
    Maybe,why they kill Lumia brand.lumia is more popular than surface in many countries.

Sent from mTalk
    04-29-2017 05:56 AM
    Maybe,why they kill Lumia brand.lumia is more popular than surface in many countries.

Sent from mTalk
    Because something else is in the pipeline? Or perhaps they're through with manufacturing phones themselves?
    04-29-2017 08:02 AM
    Two basic things -

Talk about the future of mobile, show some enthusiasm for it

New lines of mid range and budget phones, flag ships are not the be all. Ain't no way I can buy a elite x3 or any other high end phone outside of a contract, no wp contacts here.
    04-29-2017 08:12 AM