A week later on my 950XL. STILL no sign of Creators Update

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Is there anything I can do to speed this up that doesn't require wiping my phone or the insider program?

Every time I see "This phone is up to date" when it's not even though I got the biggest, baddest (and supposed-to-be best supported) first-party Windows Phone I think of putting it on eBay.

pedmar007

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Are we windows phone users really this stupid? I must be one of the most stupid W10M users around, because I'm still here after all that's been done by MS. Seriously why announce RS2 for 25/04/2017 and it's MAY 2nd and still not released as yet. What's the point to prove? You MS look at the drop in sales of windows phones and use that as a reference. Tell me if you're a car designer and build a car and it doesn't sell, not even your employees buy it, is it the consumers fault or is the poor product YOU released the problem. So my ? is what is MS afraid of in improving the mobile OS of these devices we use now. Seriously what is the problem, why is MS holding back and when you look at it MS is holding back because what can be put in is a no brainer as it's really just cosmetics and a feature here or there. I'm not a developer but how hard could it be to put back some of what was there before like Gestures and Quiet Hrs setting from the Calendar when a meeting is scheduled. It's like they know they can release an OS that could seriously compete with IOS and Android but out of some sort of Corporation respect they're not.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Is there anything I can do to speed this up that doesn't require wiping my phone or the insider program?

Every time I see "This phone is up to date" when it's not even though I got the biggest, baddest (and supposed-to-be best supported) first-party Windows Phone I think of putting it on eBay.

Updates roll out in waves so you may not be the first to get it. If you are that desperate to get your hands on the latest updates then you need to join the Insider Program. Other the that it's WDRT and wiping your phone.

Ali Raza Shafi

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
fb1418562fa5f143379b5e7754c33fdb.png

i recived the update today on my lumia 950XL (non-insider)

i am from Pakistan, region is set to US.

downloading now.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Updates roll out in waves so you may not be the first to get it. If you are that desperate to get your hands on the latest updates then you need to join the Insider Program. Other the that it's WDRT and wiping your phone.

This.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Are we windows phone users really this stupid? I must be one of the most stupid W10M users around, because I'm still here after all that's been done by MS.

No, well I don't think I am. I'm actually just feeling content. Every incremental update is nice to see, apps I use are getting updated. My 950XL overall isn't getting worse or anything and it's pleasant to use. I'm not saying nothing needs to be done but things are getting done.

Like I notice now skype works properly with dual sim :D Not sure if it was a skype update or release preview CU that fixed it, but I couldn't sms with sim#2 cause I couldn't choose that number even though i see the it as a radio button choice.

Easily pleased? I guess so, but not going to get worked up about it as it is what it is.

Hmm probably time now to go hunt down a dodgy replacement battery on ebay!

roxetak

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
Today in a morning I was traveling by train to work. And I saw a new update for my lumia 640 lte. And i start downloading it. Now I have Windows 10 Mobile build 10.0.15063.251. I was affraid that Windows Camera start not working correctly again. Save ... PRO.jpg.thumb files. But everything is OK. And functional. Perfect. I must test it and test it and test it :) But now I am in work.
roxetak

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I received my RS2 Creators Update today May 3rd 2017 (non insider) on my Lumia 950.
Be patient, as this update is delivered in waves (regions), Everyone who owns a phone that is supposed to get this update, WILL get the Update. So be patient!

Cynical_Assault

May 3, 2017
Visit site
I got two updates in the past week. As an upgrade from my beat up HTC M8, I got my IDOL 4S in the mail from Amazon on Friday and that day I got an update as soon as I turned it on (don't remember the build number, I was too excited just to have the phone). Then today I get another update, build 10.0.15063.251. Not sure what the first update I got was, but since the .251 update, this thing is super fast.

Last edited:

pedmar007

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Thought MS said they were taking the 'wink' out of windows hello to make the log in seem faster by reducing the animation? Yet another simple thing they couldn't/didn't so. SMH!!! Why did I ever adopt this cast away mobile OS????

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes