Isn't it time Microsoft made Windows 10 Mobile Open Source?

deaspo

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Hello there to my fellow windows fan and phone users. From what so far we have been reading and recently the mini-aka updated labelled as creators update for windows 10 mobile, do we think it is time Windows 10 mobile became open source?

Clearly, the OS is in the maintenance mode and Microsoft isn't showing any plans of continuous development (adding new features) unlikes it's desktop counterpart. Speaking as as a windows fan and windows developer, am of the opinion the OS becomes open source and let the developers community handle, similar to what Google did with it's Android Mobile OS.

I would really like to know what my fellow windows fans and the developers think of this idea.

--thanks

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
You know that making W10M open source would be (almost) the same as making W10 open source, right? And that this could never ever happen (because of a lot of reasons)

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Nope don't think its maintenaince mode, and don't think it should be open sourced. Do think it has, and will get feature updates.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
You know that making W10M open source would be (almost) the same as making W10 open source, right? And that this could never ever happen (because of a lot of reasons)

This.

The idea of that sounds awful to me. I'm clearly against it.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Android may be open-source, but Google is still clearly committed to improving it and continues to do so.

There is no way W10M will be competitive as an open-source pet project. See LuneOS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljwsrvv