The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
06-18-2017 03:50 PM
34 12
tools
    That's a post not a thread
    06-17-2017 11:15 AM
    That's a post not a thread
    Of course it is a post. That is the link to post number 13 from this current thread.
    Is my English that bad ?
    06-17-2017 11:23 AM
    Of course it is a post. That is the link to post number 13 from this current thread.
    Is my English that bad ?
    If anyone has an issue that is not relevant the initial post, a new thread has to be opened as that prevents cross posting and confusion

Your english is perfect lol.
    06-17-2017 11:25 AM
    If anyone has an issue that is not relevant the initial post, a new thread has to be opened as that prevents cross posting and confusion

Your english is perfect lol.
    'Welcome to Messaging+' notification

The thread title.

"After the most recent update, every time I restart my Lumia 640 a banner notification pops up saying 'Welcome to Messaging+, the best way to share photos...'

Anyone else having this issue or know how to turn it off?"

The first post in thread.

https://forums.windowscentral.com/sh...=1#post3662922

Link to post #13 (my screenshot)

Look at the screenshot and please make a deduction :)

Please do explain how that is not relevant to the OP's first post or this entire thread !
    06-17-2017 11:30 AM
    'Welcome to Messaging+' notification

The thread title.

"After the most recent update, every time I restart my Lumia 640 a banner notification pops up saying 'Welcome to Messaging+, the best way to share photos...'

Anyone else having this issue or know how to turn it off?"

The first post in thread.

https://forums.windowscentral.com/sh...=1#post3662922

Link to post #13 (my screenshot)

Look at the screenshot and please make a deduction :)

Please do explain how that is not relevant to the OP's first post or this entire thread !
    These banner notifications are from the sms app and can be muted via the sms app through the method I specified. I have had this before on an insider build.

You said yourself it was not about the sms app and therefore not relevant to this thread / discussion lol...

These banner notifications do not generate themselves they are app generated and this case the default text messaging app .

It's not about receiving notifications for new messages.
    There are no new messages.
    The notification simply used to popup.
    Now with the recent update, it's gone.

I do not know how else to explain that it is not related to SMS or the default Messaging app.
    06-17-2017 11:40 AM
    These banner notifications are from the sms app and can be muted via the sms app through the method I specified. I have had this before on an insider build.

You said yourself it was not about the sms app and therefore not relevant to this thread / discussion lol...

These banner notifications do not generate themselves they are app generated and this case the default text messaging app .

Banner notification from normal default messaging app

wp_ss_20170617_0002.png

Banner notification from Messaging + app that OP was talking about (cropped from my screenshot @ post # 13

wp_ss_20170510_0001.png

Please see the difference for yourself.

FYI I was not on insider builds.
    Last edited by Daniel Gilbert M; 06-17-2017 at 12:06 PM.
    06-17-2017 11:50 AM
    Banner notification from normal default messaging app

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wp_ss_20170617_0002.png 
Views:	8 
Size:	4.9 KB 
ID:	136296

Banner notification from Messaging + app that OP was talking about (cropped from my screenshot @ post # 13

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wp_ss_20170510_0001.png 
Views:	8 
Size:	11.2 KB 
ID:	136297

Please see the difference for yourself.

FYI I was not on insider builds.
    I can see the difference and what I specified fixed the issue for me - where I got second toast "welcome to messaging+".

However you raised the prospect that the two were not related in the issue you were experiencing. Which is why I said a seperate thread would have been better.
    06-17-2017 12:44 PM
    Just got the update and instead of messaging +, it says 'joyn', in that welcoming message every time the phone is switched on when off. Didn't really change anything and was wondering why the message at all... Or did I miss something?
    06-17-2017 07:07 PM
    Just got the update and instead of messaging +, it says 'joyn', in that welcoming message every time the phone is switched on when off. Didn't really change anything and was wondering why the message at all... Or did I miss something?
    Yes, for me it is also called joyn. According to mighty Wikipeadia, this is a notification about RCS that should be present in the messaging app and it's pretty much just a cellular network standard for something like WhatsApp. It's silly that the notification sender is broken like this. I disabled notifications for it because it beeped after every overnight update and woke me up. No issues so far.
    06-18-2017 03:50 PM
34 12