'Welcome to Messaging+' notification

tomseys

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
I've noticed this app number behavior before when I first upgraded to windows 10 and after feature updates like creators on my Lumia 640 (non insider). I "got rid of it" by clean resetting but now they are back:

wp_ss_20170515_0001.png

I also get the annoying messaging thing. I assume one of those top two entries is the messaging. Not sure what the other one is.

Rereading the thread, it seems they are messaging plus and gestures beta. I guess I will turn them off for now.

Last edited:

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
There is no "conversation" in the text messaging app.

See the icon. If it were a text message then the notification icon would have been of the text message icon.

However, when I checked notifications and actions settings, I found theses.

View attachment 135646

I don't know what apps they are.

Appologies I presumed everyone was aware about the tap and hold functionality in the text messaging app. Should have specified :) that you can tap and hold a text to mute it - in previous builds for me it was called "mute conversations".

wp_ss_20170616_0009 (2).png

Daniel Gilbert M

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
Should have specified :) that you can tap and hold a text to mute it - in previous builds for me it was called "mute conversations".

View attachment 136291

It's not about receiving notifications for new messages.
There are no new messages.
The notification simply used to popup.
Now with the recent update, it's gone.

I do not know how else to explain that it is not related to SMS or the default Messaging app.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site

I do not know how else to explain that it is not related to SMS or the default Messaging app.

You should have specified :grincry: as the initial post was about this:
After the most recent update, every time I restart my Lumia 640 a banner notification pops up saying 'Welcome to Messaging+, the best way to share photos...'

Anyone else having this issue or know how to turn it off?

So you were better of opening a new thread as your issue is totally different from the op :wink:.

Daniel Gilbert M

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
You should have specified :grincry: as the initial post was about this:

I do not know what to say to that :unhappysweat:
I do not know how more specific I could be. (Post #13)

So you were better of opening a new thread as your issue is totally different from the op
wink.png
What made you draw that conclusion ?
I was having the same issue as OP, hence the screenshot.
It is an app notification, like a welcome message. Not a SMS conversation thread inside the Messaging app. No SMS was involved in the first place.

Please do check this post #13 from this thread !
https://forums.windowscentral.com/showthread.php?t=458144&p=3662922&viewfull=1#post3662922

Daniel Gilbert M

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
If anyone has an issue that is not relevant the initial post, a new thread has to be opened as that prevents cross posting and confusion :wink:

Your english is perfect lol.

The thread title.

"After the most recent update, every time I restart my Lumia 640 a banner notification pops up saying 'Welcome to Messaging+, the best way to share photos...'

Anyone else having this issue or know how to turn it off?"

The first post in thread.

https://forums.windowscentral.com/showthread.php?t=458144&p=3662922&viewfull=1#post3662922

Link to post #13 (my screenshot)

Look at the screenshot and please make a deduction :)

Please do explain how that is not relevant to the OP's first post or this entire thread !

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site

The thread title.

"After the most recent update, every time I restart my Lumia 640 a banner notification pops up saying 'Welcome to Messaging+, the best way to share photos...'

Anyone else having this issue or know how to turn it off?"

The first post in thread.

Link to post #13 (my screenshot)

Look at the screenshot and please make a deduction :)

Please do explain how that is not relevant to the OP's first post or this entire thread !

These banner notifications are from the sms app and can be muted via the sms app through the method I specified. I have had this before on an insider build.

You said yourself it was not about the sms app and therefore not relevant to this thread / discussion lol...

These banner notifications do not generate themselves they are app generated and this case the default text messaging app :winktongue:.

Daniel Gilbert M

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
These banner notifications are from the sms app and can be muted via the sms app through the method I specified. I have had this before on an insider build.

You said yourself it was not about the sms app and therefore not relevant to this thread / discussion lol...

These banner notifications do not generate themselves they are app generated and this case the default text messaging app :winktongue:.

Banner notification from normal default messaging app

wp_ss_20170617_0002.png

Banner notification from Messaging + app that OP was talking about (cropped from my screenshot @ post # 13

wp_ss_20170510_0001.png

Please see the difference for yourself.

FYI I was not on insider builds.

Last edited:

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Banner notification from normal default messaging app

View attachment 136296

Banner notification from Messaging + app that OP was talking about (cropped from my screenshot @ post # 13

View attachment 136297

Please see the difference for yourself.

FYI I was not on insider builds.

I can see the difference and what I specified fixed the issue for me - where I got second toast "welcome to messaging+".

However you raised the prospect that the two were not related in the issue you were experiencing. Which is why I said a seperate thread would have been better.

Olumayowa Odebiyi

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
Just got the update and instead of messaging +, it says 'joyn', in that welcoming message every time the phone is switched on when off. Didn't really change anything and was wondering why the message at all... Or did I miss something?

mikosoft

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Just got the update and instead of messaging +, it says 'joyn', in that welcoming message every time the phone is switched on when off. Didn't really change anything and was wondering why the message at all... Or did I miss something?

Yes, for me it is also called joyn. According to mighty Wikipeadia, this is a notification about RCS that should be present in the messaging app and it's pretty much just a cellular network standard for something like WhatsApp. It's silly that the notification sender is broken like this. I disabled notifications for it because it beeped after every overnight update and woke me up. No issues so far.

Victor Cabana

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
Sorry for being too late (2019), the Messaging+ banner is due to an .xap app called "Nokia Corporation MessagingPlus" version 2.1.1.2 and its size is ~7.9 MB. It's not compatible with Windows 10 Mobile devices, if you follow the link to the Store you get that message and it asks for a code :-/

Attachments

• wp_ss_20190326_0005.png
    wp_ss_20190326_0005.png
    97.1 KB · Views: 1

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss