Locked out of phone after update hang

wpbazaar

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
My L950 did an update last night which got stuck on a black screen, so in the morning I pulled the battery out and now it says

"This device is locked because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Keep your device powered on for at least 2 hours and then try again.

You can also unlock your device remotely by following the instructions at https://support.microsoft.com/instantanswers/C40DC267-B3EE-3667-85CB-17BDBD978772.

Provide a PIN."

I can get to notifications and I can receive calls, but that's it.

So on desktop I followed the instructions - went to my MS account, Find my phone and clicked the Lock button but nothing happens. I thought it might be a browser thing so used different browsers but all the same result, the Lock button does nothing.

So now I'm stuck. Any suggestions?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
My L950 did an update last night which got stuck on a black screen, so in the morning I pulled the battery out and now it says

"This device is locked because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Keep your device powered on for at least 2 hours and then try again.

You can also unlock your device remotely by following the instructions at https://support.microsoft.com/instantanswers/C40DC267-B3EE-3667-85CB-17BDBD978772.

Provide a PIN."

I can get to notifications and I can receive calls, but that's it.

So on desktop I followed the instructions - went to my MS account, Find my phone and clicked the Lock button but nothing happens. I thought it might be a browser thing so used different browsers but all the same result, the Lock button does nothing.

So now I'm stuck. Any suggestions?

Have you tried a soft reset?

rishm

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Facing same issue on my wife's 950. The battery isn't swollen up and I have done the battery spin test. But the phone is rebooting abruptly and she is getting this message.
2 hours is long time to wait! We waited some time ago but it rebooted after finishing today's update from MS and crashed again, asking me to wait for 2 hours!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss