My L950 did an update last night which got stuck on a black screen, so in the morning I pulled the battery out and now it says

"This device is locked because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Keep your device powered on for at least 2 hours and then try again.

You can also unlock your device remotely by following the instructions at http://aka.ms/unlockdevice.

Provide a PIN."

I can get to notifications and I can receive calls, but that's it.

So on desktop I followed the instructions - went to my MS account, Find my phone and clicked the Lock button but nothing happens. I thought it might be a browser thing so used different browsers but all the same result, the Lock button does nothing.

So now I'm stuck. Any suggestions?
    05-10-2017 04:24 PM
    My L950 did an update last night which got stuck on a black screen, so in the morning I pulled the battery out and now it says

"This device is locked because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Keep your device powered on for at least 2 hours and then try again.

You can also unlock your device remotely by following the instructions at http://aka.ms/unlockdevice.

Provide a PIN."

I can get to notifications and I can receive calls, but that's it.

So on desktop I followed the instructions - went to my MS account, Find my phone and clicked the Lock button but nothing happens. I thought it might be a browser thing so used different browsers but all the same result, the Lock button does nothing.

So now I'm stuck. Any suggestions?
    Have you tried a soft reset?
    05-10-2017 08:08 PM
    Reset didn't work within 2 hours, but worked after waiting more than 2 hours (4 in my case).
    TechFreak1 and kaktus1389 like this.
    05-10-2017 11:24 PM
    Reset didn't work within 2 hours, but worked after waiting more than 2 hours (4 in my case).
    Glad to see you got it fixed! I've just never seen something like this happen...
    kaktus1389 likes this.
    05-12-2017 02:49 PM
    Have you any solution? I have same problem from last day.
    05-13-2017 04:05 PM
    Facing same issue on my wife's 950. The battery isn't swollen up and I have done the battery spin test. But the phone is rebooting abruptly and she is getting this message.
    2 hours is long time to wait! We waited some time ago but it rebooted after finishing today's update from MS and crashed again, asking me to wait for 2 hours!
    10-10-2017 02:21 PM
    for now I followed this direction to unlock instead waiting for 2 hours- https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...phone-remotely

But not sure whether the 950 locks again for another 2 hours after abrupt crash.
    10-10-2017 03:18 PM