hp elite x3 or lumia 950xl

JamesReid4

May 18, 2017
Visit site
need help on which phone to get for phone reception and internet speed and for stream radio and plus music playing through Bluetooth plus updates and firmware release

JamesReid4

May 18, 2017
Visit site
This will be my first windows phone and would like to know is the 950xl going to keep you update with all mobile software and hardware. - software is 950xl going to keep giving updates as it's been stopped production - hardware is keeping you up to date if bugs and general fixing

LightenSkies

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
The Lumia 950 XL will still be getting software update. Currently there only 7 Windows phones getting software updates from creators update. And the Lumia 950 XL is one of them. I have a Lumia 950 and even that sibling getting software updates. :)

Michael Gutt

Feb 1, 2017
Visit site
The X3 is faster with the 820 processor, the 950 XL has the far better camera.
The 950XL gets very warm at times, depending on website or app.
No glance screen on the X3, the 950XL has dedicated camera button and double tap to wake.
In short: the 950XL is the more versatile phone, the X3 has the bigger screen and the newer processor.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
This will be my first windows phone and would like to know is the 950xl going to keep you update with all mobile software and hardware. - software is 950xl going to keep giving updates as it's been stopped production - hardware is keeping you up to date if bugs and general fixing

I'm jumping in with a regular 950 soon too (first time windows phone user also).

All supported windows phones still get updates direct from MS. Unlike android, these updates don't have to go through the OEM - you just get them like on desktop windows. The way android updates are handled is a mess, you don't have to deal with that here.

In fact, even if you phone isn't supported, MSFT has left a way to get updates anyway, via the insiders preview, and even if they didn't you can "interop" your phone and spoof it (windows equivilant of jailbreak/root).

Although frankly none of that will be nessasary, given the lack of new phone releases recently, 950, x3 and perhaps 4s are basically the current flagships for the whole platform. And to code for the platform, MSFT needs them. So we should keep getting updates for some time, with no need for tricks, or insiders program.

Really the main differences are the HP is a touch more powerful and the 950 has a great camera. They are both quick, and good devices. They'll both have the same 4g internet capabilities, and I expect similar call quality and reception.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234