phone without update

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
On Windows 10 Mobile, you can't stop the updates normally.

However, you can spoof your phone using the same method people use to get updates (ironically) to make your phone show up as an unsupported model. At that point, you'll only get security/bugfix updates at the most.

Keith White Jr

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
On Windows 10 Mobile, you can't stop the updates normally.

However, you can spoof your phone using the same method people use to get updates (ironically) to make your phone show up as an unsupported model. At that point, you'll only get security/bugfix updates at the most.

In theory, the opposite is also true. You could spoof a supported phone into an unsupported phone. That way you would no longer get updates.

jslice7

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I currently have the anniversary update on my L650 and do NOT want the creators update. To avoid this phone update is very simple...just NEVER turn Wi-Fi on.

That's right. When you go into "Phone Update" it states, "Available updates will be downloaded and installed automatically, EXCEPT OVER METERED CONNECTIONS (where charges may apply)". You must live without using Wi-Fi, so make sure your Wi-Fi is set to off, and "turn Wi-Fi back on" is set to manually. (Having an unlimited data plan makes this okay for me)

Just always know that if Wi-Fi turns on at all, the update to will download automatically.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo