The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
05-25-2017 04:39 PM
32 12
tools
    This is one of the things that really really annoys me in w10m. I'm constantly losing conversations with friends because of this, so many times i don't have a any notification or any status on my 'live tiles' and yet I open the messenger app ou the sms app and I had received some msg/sms. Is this a problem of the app or OS it self? Some times even after a soft reset the problem remains. If w10m as we know it is going to die is a shame that il will die without ever had a 100% funcional notifications. If w10m will be replaced any time for W10 the problem remains because my windows 10 have the same problem. Is that hard to Microsoft solve this? Now i know a can't really rely on the notifications so ha have to check my self from time to time. I don't wanna change to Android oe IOS, i love the w10m interface, that home screen is still miles ahead of what android and IOS offer, i gonna hold my 950 xl as long as i can, but seeing no plan for consumer market from MS makes me sad.
    Last edited by JP8296; 05-21-2017 at 07:13 AM.
    05-21-2017 06:41 AM
    This is one of the things that really really annoys me in w10m. I'm constantly losing conversations with friends because of this, so many times i don't have a any notification or any status on my 'live tiles' and yet I open the messenger app ou the sms app and I had received some msg/sms. Is this a problem of the app or OS it self? Some times even after a soft reset the problem remains. If w10m as we know it is going to die is a shame that il will die without ever had a 100% funcional notifications. If w10m will be replaced any time for W10 the problem remains because my windows 10 have the same problem. Is that hard to Microsoft solve this? Now i know a can't really rely on the notifications so ha have to check my self from time to time. I don't wanna change to Android oe IOS, i love the w10m interface, that home screen is still miles ahead of what android and IOS offer, i gonna hold my 950 xl as long as i can, but seeing no plan for consumer market from MS makes me sad.
    See background task is on and update your app if available for that

Sent from mTalk
    05-21-2017 07:25 AM
    Yup, many users are too zealous in an attempt to save battery 🔋 life, they turn off too many background tasks without realizing the consequences.
    seventeenapg likes this.
    05-21-2017 07:55 AM
    Yup, many users are too zealous in an attempt to save battery ������ life, they turn off too many background tasks without realizing the consequences.
    both app are allowed to run in background and updated to latest version and phone running latest insider fast build. This is not a recent problem, that always has been a problem with W10m.
    05-21-2017 08:40 AM
    This has never happened to me in the SMS app. It has happened in the Messenger app but Messenger is disfunctional on W10M so it doesn't suprise me.
    saras112 and libra89 like this.
    05-21-2017 09:21 AM
    both app are allowed to run in background and updated to latest version and phone running latest insider fast build. This is not a recent problem, that always has been a problem with W10m.
    Which OS version

Sent from mTalk
    05-21-2017 10:47 AM
    I dont trust notifications on wm. Even on WhatsApp dont always get a notification msg. Ofcourse its lot better then what it used to be during wp7.5 8 days.
    05-21-2017 11:35 AM
    Which OS version

Sent from mTalk
    15215, last insider build
    05-21-2017 12:27 PM
    I dont trust notifications on wm. Even on WhatsApp dont always get a notification msg. Ofcourse its lot better then what it used to be during wp7.5 8 days.
    This happens with several apps so it has to be an OS problem.
    05-21-2017 12:29 PM
    This happens with several apps so it has to be an OS problem.
    Yes its an OS problem. No doubts abt that
    05-21-2017 12:33 PM
    I have the same issue. I have a large Microsoft Messenging live tile pinned to my start screen, set the lock screen to display “Messaging” quick status, and set lock screen to display “Messaging” detailed status. Background for Messaging is turned on.

The live tile and lock screen does not display the number of unread messages, and lock screen does not display any detailed status.

Phone: Lumia 950
    Carrier: ATT
    Last edited by THEbonecrusher; 05-21-2017 at 07:25 PM.
    05-21-2017 06:13 PM
    Notifications never really work on wp, but now is just joke, a really sad one.
    05-22-2017 07:01 AM
    15215, last insider build
    There you go... insider.....

No problems with notifications here, on my 950XL, running 15063.297. Production build!....
    05-22-2017 08:27 AM
    There you go... insider.....

No problems with notifications here, on my 950XL, running 15063.297. Production build!....
    I'm sorry but that is not the explanation. I'm with WP since Omnia 7, Lumia 625, 630,640,925,930,950 Xl, so WP7, 7.8, 8, 8.1, W10m, and not always a insider and always the same problem, no reliable notifications.
    05-22-2017 12:27 PM
    Notifications never really work on wp, but now is just joke, a really sad one.
    Notifications work on WP. Just because you're having a problem doesn't mean everyone does.
    Charis Ntouroutlis likes this.
    05-22-2017 03:46 PM
    I'm sorry but that is not the explanation. I'm with WP since Omnia 7, Lumia 625, 630,640,925,930,950 Xl, so WP7, 7.8, 8, 8.1, W10m, and not always a insider and always the same problem, no reliable notifications.
    Have you had different carriers with all of those or the same one?
    05-22-2017 03:47 PM
    It may be OS' issue but app's issue too. Especially the Viber. I miss some notifications from this app and I'm not the only one using Windows 10 Mobile. My brother's Android and friend's iPhone aren't both receiving all notifications from this app.
    05-22-2017 06:02 PM
    I have notification problems as well with SMS and messenger.
    05-22-2017 06:11 PM
    Have you had different carriers with all of those or the same one?
    Always the same carriers with the same phone number but diferente sim cards, if there's any relations between this and the sms notifications it doesn't have nothing to do with the notifications from the others apps.
    05-22-2017 07:02 PM
    Notifications work on WP. Just because you're having a problem doesn't mean everyone does.
    True, but after several devices and a few OS and updates I always get to the same conclusion that overall notifications aren't reliable, sometimes they are late and other times you don't get them at all, so its have to be some OS problem.
    05-22-2017 07:08 PM
    True, but after several devices and a few OS and updates I always get to the same conclusion that overall notifications aren't reliable, sometimes they are late and other times you don't get them at all, so its have to be some OS problem.
    Ignore those who try to make it seem like Windows 10 mobile is perfect and you are doing something wrong. It's not. I don't know why they are putting up this facade.

I mean.. "Have you tried different carriers" .. Really?

I've have several phones since 2012 some on insider and some not and reliable notifications is not a strong suit for Windows 10 mobile.
    libra89 likes this.
    05-22-2017 07:45 PM
    Ignore those who try to make it seem like Windows 10 mobile is perfect and you are doing something wrong. It's not.
    Did I or anyone else here say that Windows 10 mobile is "perfect"? I don't think so. Why don't you spare us the tedious hyperbole?

I mean.. "Have you tried different carriers" .. Really?
    Yes, "really". Because if a user has had issues consistently with different devices then - as the user did - the reasonable thing to do is to look for a common denominator.

If the common denominator is the OS, not the phones, then it stands to reason a lot of people would perpetually have the same issue. I don't recall having had it once even. I've had a similar issue with other notifications, but not with the mentioned one.

Is there another common denominator? Well, there could be, if the carrier was always the same. Could that be the reason for what's happening? I don't actually know, that's why I asked if it was the same carrier and perhaps others could chime in with their experience. If we noticed people using different carriers had the exact same problem all else being equal then we could probably write that off.

It's about eliminating possible causes of the problem, not proving the OS to be "perfect".

But by all means, if you prefer whining about the OS this forum seems to be the perfect place.
    05-23-2017 08:57 AM
    Well, I've never had a notification be late. The problems I've had with notifications is with the tiles for Outlook mail. Unpinning the tiles and re-pinning them (and/or soft rebooting) has solved that. I think it's happened to me once or twice. Never with messenger though.

I have noticed that there seem to be differences with my phone (950) compared to before the creators update that seem to be related to how it connects with my carrier. I know there are certain spots on my commute where there's no coverage with T-mobile, and the phone acts slightly differently there compared to before. This doesn't necessarily mean that your problem is due to carriers, I was just getting at that these devices (phones) rely heavily on the ability to connect, and sometimes I just wonder if some of what we see and experience as a problem is a connection issue rather than something else.

Either way, I recommend unpin/repin/soft reboot.
    05-23-2017 09:01 AM
    Did I or anyone else here say that Windows 10 mobile is "perfect"? I don't think so. Why don't you spare us the tedious hyperbole?

Yes, "really". Because if a user has had issues consistently with different devices then - as the user did - the reasonable thing to do is to look for a common denominator.

If the common denominator is the OS, not the phones, then it stands to reason a lot of people would perpetually have the same issue. I don't recall having had it once even. I've had a similar issue with other notifications, but not with the mentioned one.

Is there another common denominator? Well, there could be, if the carrier was always the same. Could that be the reason for what's happening? I don't actually know, that's why I asked if it was the same carrier and perhaps others could chime in with their experience. If we noticed people using different carriers had the exact same problem all else being equal then we could probably write that off.

It's about eliminating possible causes of the problem, not proving the OS to be "perfect".

But by all means, if you prefer whining about the OS this forum seems to be the perfect place.
    Wasn't aware that carriers affected notifications on your phone. Thanks for the lesson.

You must be new here. I don't whine. I state the facts.
    05-23-2017 09:58 PM
    I haven't had this issue since pre-WP8.1, the WP8 days. You need to do a hard reset. If that doesn't solve it, do a hard reset without restoring any backup. If that fails, a reflash. Notifications with WM10 have been excellently reliable for me all round, the problems were with WP8, not WM10. This is, however, a known sign of the need for a hard reset. Should be less necessary with major updates from now on due to the update changes introduced with the creators update.
    05-24-2017 05:33 AM
32 12