Windows Phone attached to corporate account?

LordBoBCUP

Mar 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi All,

I have my own windows device which I have had connected to activesync for work emails etc. I am leaving the company but I remember last time when I had to reset the device due to bugs in the insiders program, until I added my work account none of my old contacts, sms history, settings etc were applied to the phone even after doing the restore from the 'cloud' they all seemed to be linked to my activesync account.

My question is, now that I am going to be removing the activesync account from my phone what do I need to do to ensure that nothing is lost in this process? Is there a set of steps I need to take to 'migrate' stuff from my activesync account to my live account? I would have thought being a windows device, the live account would have been the default anyway?

I have seen quite a few threads around the place that tackle parts of this question but nothing in a well thought out coherent written up way. If anyone could offer some more logic to how/why this happens and the steps needed to get it sorted that would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Alex

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99