Am I wasting my time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Well, it's 25% of the cost going to a back cover.... I'd hesitate as well.

Personally I find the 950 looks fine the way it is. I see pretty much every single person rocking (for example) an iPhone with pretty ugly cases. My phone without a case is 900% better looking than theirs with one.

I'd have to agree, $50 for a chrome band is pretty stiff when compared to the OEM covers. Unless Doug is looking at the Walnut back, that look may be worth it to some.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Oh, didn't see it that cheap. Maybe that's carrier locked by one of your local carriers?

Usually private sale online (craigslist/swappa) single sim Cricket. But it can be unlocked for less. The dual sim can sell a little higher used. 80-100 dollars maybe

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I still keep coming back from iOS and Android. There's JUST enough of my apps left to keep me here still and using my 950xl. I just enjoy it whilst it lasts knowing some of my essential apps could be pulled at any time and if I need to jump again then so be it

You're like me. I left, have an android, but came back briefly last year for a period. I'm always keep my eye out for a lumia to buy. Why? I really ENJOY using WP! But the it doesn't work a the time for my daily needs so I stay Android for now.

The Skype integration with PC is really useful and attractive to me. How has that been working?

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
@Byrese
Skype PC works fluidly. They did a good job with it making into UWP app. W10M works well too, I just find it less responsive and to busy to use over the Messaging app. I never do calls on it though so I cannot answer it from that perspective. The options/settings section is decked out with almost every setting one can think of. Seems like they add a new setting option every time they update it. It has live tile now and notification badge.

Doug_M

May 27, 2017
Visit site
You should've just said that from the get go. Your needs are obviously much different than mine because I've never, let me repeat that - never, had any issues getting patched apps to work. I've gotten spoiled with smartwatches and unfortunately neither Pebble, Fitbit or Vector are my cup of tea and they're the ones that work reliably on OS10 without any hacking.

I'm sorry you've had a bad experience with Android apps on your BlackBerry. Did you know there was an update to the Android Runtime in BBW that was never announced? It's a sea change in functionality that few got to know about unless you follow the platform closely.

My experience was about 75% of the apps I tried to patch worked. When was the runtime update in BBW and what did it bump it up to?

Doug_M

May 27, 2017
Visit site
I'd have to agree, $50 for a chrome band is pretty stiff when compared to the OEM covers. Unless Doug is looking at the Walnut back, that look may be worth it to some.

lol...I ended up buying it for $40 despite the steep price. And yes, to me $40 for a case is highway robbery. But it wasn't for the chrome band, I actually wanted the black rubber paint version but that was $60 (the walnut was $70). No, I wanted it because it isn't a case. Like many, I find the plastic backing of the 950 to be cheap looking and cheap feeling. Just wanted an "upgrade". I'll find out if I wasted my money or not soon enough I suppose.

Doug_M

May 27, 2017
Visit site
Here's the article. Very obscure coverage for such an important component of the Android experience on BlackBerry.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/crackberry.com/android-runtime-update-blackberry-10-now-available?amp

Ah right, thanks. I remember that now. It wasn't actually a big runtime update. It was essentially a fix for when BB broke the runtime for many users. I don't think it even bumped up the runtime version.

The problem BB faced was a change in the licensing of Android by Google. Essentially the licensing meant that BB would forever be stuck on Jelly Bean, never to progress beyond that.

DrChucky

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Picked up my 950 new in the box from an eBay seller in the US for $200USD. It was locked to ATT but they unlocked it for free (and online, didn't have to call).

It's funny though because to me that was a bargain yet I find myself hesitating over spending $40-50 for a Mozo back cover that I think I want.

Spend the money on the Mozo cover, you will be happy that you did!

KomakhidzeJaba

Jun 6, 2017
Visit site
Having Windows Phone is very exciting, because you never know what kind of information you will hear about this OS , it will reborn or die , new apps will come or not , older apps will get update or cancel existing, on Android and iOS it's boring, because you know only one information , every apps and games you will have and OS is not gonna die any time soon, that's why the small good information about wp is more exciting than big good information about Android and iOS , just because there no big information about them that you didn't know

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Having Windows Phone is very exciting, because you never know what kind of information you will hear about this OS , it will reborn or die , new apps will come or not , older apps will get update or cancel existing

Plus, on Windows phone you don't know what will happen while you're actually using it.

"So when I tap this shortcut, will the app open, will it crash, or will my phone reboot?"

mattiasnyc

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
Plus, on Windows phone you don't know what will happen while you're actually using it.

"So when I tap this shortcut, will the app open, will it crash, or will my phone reboot?"

lol, so true...

Except it's just more nonsense. The apps I tap open. They don't crash. And my phone never reboots.

But fine, keep spreading that nonsense. It's what keeps this stellar section alive. The whining. The endless whining. About a dead platform.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
lol, so true...

Except it's just more nonsense. The apps I tap open. They don't crash. And my phone never reboots.

But fine, keep spreading that nonsense. It's what keeps this stellar section alive. The whining. The endless whining. About a dead platform.

So because it doesn't happen to you, others are lying? Just wondering.

mattiasnyc

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
So because it doesn't happen to you, others are lying? Just wondering.

So because it happens to one person it happens to everyone? Just wondering.

See how that works?

Probably not. And nobody cares. Nuance is dead, and so is truth.

Windows 10 Mobile is perfect. It's also dead. My phone reboots all the time. It doesn't. There are no apps. Although there are. But they don't work because they keep crashing. They're stable though.

Who gives a #$? Just talk. That's all we need to drive traffic here. Just talk.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
So because it happens to one person it happens to everyone? Just wondering.

See how that works?

Probably not. And nobody cares. Nuance is dead, and so is truth.

Windows 10 Mobile is perfect. It's also dead. My phone reboots all the time. It doesn't. There are no apps. Although there are. But they don't work because they keep crashing. They're stable though.

Who gives a #$? Just talk. That's all we need to drive traffic here. Just talk.

Are you ok?
This is a forum.....for people to talk. We all have different experiences and share them with others.
Maybe you need a break from forum life.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Thank you everyone for driving another very lively discussion.

Looks like this one may be headed downhill so let's take a break.

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs