All email accounts suddenly removed from phone

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I did a factory reset a few weeks ago on my Lumia 950 after updating to build 15063.297 (non-Insider). This has now happened to me twice since the factory reset.

I try to check email by opening a pinned tile to one of my inboxes. The Outlook Mail app opens with an empty message list. When I look open the menu in the mail app, there is nothing listed under Accounts. I check the phone settings under Email & app accounts, but the only account listed is my Microsoft account (No email appears in the app because I don't use outlook.com mail and turned off email syncing for this account). While I primarily stick to one personal email account and one work account (Exchange server), I have several other email accounts set up that were also purged from my account settings - 2 gmail, 1 yahoo, 1 iCloud, and 2 IMAP accounts from my ISP.

There are multiple reports in Feedback regarding this issue, but 31 is the most votes any single report has accumulated. Is this a common issue affecting most users on Windows 10 mobile? While I only started experiencing issues with the latest build version, most reports in Feedback seem to have started with Build 15031 about 4 months ago (February 2017).

The restore after my last factory reset didn't seem to work for some settings, so I'm thinking about resetting again without restore. I'm hesitant to do so because it takes a very long time to get all the apps and settings reinstalled and configured how I want.

robbrowett

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue after the first 15063 release came out. I found the only way to fix is to hard reset but not restore from backup. If I restored from backup then the issue came back after 2 or 3 restarts. I posted another post with a list of issues, this was just one of them. Very, very disappointing to be honest.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb