06-22-2017 04:41 PM
29 12
tools
    but don't MS own LinkedIn?
    06-21-2017 06:01 PM
    Yup. Funny how that works. You would think that now they own it, Microsoft would have at least ported their iOS version over by now using their own tools they want everyone to use. To me it seems as if they either don't have the confidence in the tool or are too busy arguing about what the new iPhone will be like this year. If Microsoft has a long-term strategy with Windows for mobile devices, it sure as hell wont have a nice ecosystem of apps on launch at this rate. Why should developers build for UWP when Microsoft themselves can't be bothered to even port their apps over from iOS/Android in the meantime?
    06-21-2017 06:16 PM
    From what recruiters and people in the job search community are saying, MSFT has significant influence on what is going on with LI. These are folks who have in the past had close and significant contact with LinkedIn employees pre-acquisition.

From what I've been told, the removal of advanced search was not supported by original LI employees. If LI was going to make that change, why wait. Also moving to a $60/month paid structure for functionality that was previously available for free was not supported. I understand that HR departments and recruiters use LI but thinking that someone who is looking for a job is going to pay $60/month is kind of crazy.

I'm guessing that the dumbing down of the LI web interface to mimic the mobile experience was MSFT's decision also. Maybe that makes the development of a UWP app easier but iOS and Android don't seem to have a problem existing.
    06-22-2017 10:15 AM
    I can put up with a lot ,but taking Linkedin a way...thats just wrong. Come on Micosoft, support your small but loyal user. We support you. I want Windows phone to work! Come on don't do this.
    06-22-2017 04:41 PM
29 12