where did my bluetooth shared files go?

ZekeNoScooter_8

Jun 17, 2017
Visit site
I've looked in my designated folders. ie downloads (sd card) and documents/downloads (device). Incidentally my device is an Alcatel Fierce XLT. Have tried different file types, mp4, music files. Share app says successful, tap on notification bar and goes to the file but no path to go there in file manager to move it around. I have same prob with Spotify downloads. They're on the device but can only listen on Spotify cuz don't show up in any (accessible) folder. I have no pirated software or files.

Edit: OS is W10M. Thanks for the link.

Last edited:

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I've looked in my designated folders. ie downloads (sd card) and documents/downloads (device). Incidentally my device is an Alcatel Fierce XLT. Have tried different file types, mp4, music files. Share app says successful, tap on notification bar and goes to the file but no path to go there in file manager to move it around. I have same prob with Spotify downloads. They're on the device but can only listen on Spotify cuz don't show up in any (accessible) folder. I have no pirated software or files.

This is on windows 10 mobile? Or windows phone 8?

On windows 10 mobile this thread might help: https://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10-mobile-insider-preview/423689-location-files-sent-via-bluetooth.html#post3513943

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Ty again for link. Is there a file manager or similar that can view all files? And I mean all. Hidden. System. Like the good ole days.

Link is working okay, but I'll paste the main block:

The first test was sending two different files at the same time. I sent a jpeg file and a pdf file. Both were received. On checking photos app, the jpeg file showed up. On checking file explorer, the pdf file was stored in downloads folder while the picture got stored in saved pictures folder which is in pictures folder.

Next was an epub file which is unrecognised by my phone. So this was about sending files that are not recognised. It also got stored in downloads folder

Third was sending a song and then a video. Both have gone missing and I can't see them in their respective apps or in storage. I'll try again for these files.

Points to note. There is no send via bluetooth option on my surface 3 with windows 10. You have to open file sharing program for bluetooth, the old clunky one
Also, you can receive files even if your mobile screen is locked as the notifications come through.

Summary:
Documents and unknown file types go to downloads folder
Pictures go to saved pictures folder

Update:

I sent a few mp3 files via bluetooth and they were all received in music folder. Groove picked them also and I'm playing them

So mp3 files go to music folder.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720