lack of apps in windows phone

bortovic

Jun 19, 2017
Visit site
hey,
has somebody else suffering from the fact the there are not so many apps in the windows mobile store as in the iPhone store or google app store?
i already have and sometimes i even can find the same apps from the same publisher, but those apps in windows mobile have less functionalities than in play store or iPhone store

faisalbaba

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
hey,
has somebody else suffering from the fact the there are not so many apps in the windows mobile store as in the iPhone store or google app store?
i already have and sometimes i even can find the same apps from the same publisher, but those apps in windows mobile have less functionalities than in play store or iPhone store
Yes,One of the main problem of windows Phone

Sent from (IOK)

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
hey,

For the past 7 years, but for some reason I keep coming back

mattiasnyc

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
hey,

"suffer" is a strong word. I personally don't care about what the others have. I care about if I can get what I want. What I want to do with my phone I'm able to do. What else do I need?

Leonel Funes

Windows 10 & Xbox Champion
Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
I haven't suffered at all. I'm not that big into apps, more of the experience overall. That, though, isn't as smooth as it has been or could be, but I'm still a happy camper

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
You will find individuals who say they don't need those apps, and that's fine for them, but anyone can see it has hurt Windows mobile. Its one of the main reasons they are in the predicament they are in. Sure there are work around but most people will not find that acceptable. They need to find a solution fast.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

mattiasnyc

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
You will find individuals who say they don't need those apps, and that's fine for them, but anyone can see it has hurt Windows mobile. Its one of the main reasons they are in the predicament they are in. Sure there are work around but most people will not find that acceptable. They need to find a solution fast.

I don't agree. I think it's much more a matter of perception than anything else. I've seen at least a couple of 'studies' where they looked at people's actual habits. On the two main platforms, Android and iOS, most of the downloaded apps were either uninstalled within a week or used no more than a handful of times. The number of most frequently used apps was like 7 or so, that were used on a daily basis. And then one can maybe double that number when averaged out over a week or two.

In other words, it's a problem to not get what one thinks one needs but really only wants despite actually getting if not everything almost everything of what one needs.

So, there's that perception and add to that poor marketing, and those are the main problems as far as I see it.

PS: I haven't been on this forum that long, but even my first month I was shocked at how some people that were as close to trolls as one can be without moderators getting rid of them kept saying that there weren't banking apps, even though they existed, and there weren't other types of apps, same deal, after people pointed out to them that the apps existed. The functionality existed. It didn't matter. The only thing that matters is the story, and the story is "the app gap", so then everything else fades into obscurity, including context, perspective and facts.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I don't agree. I think it's much more a matter of perception than anything else. I've seen at least a couple of 'studies' where they looked at people's actual habits. On the two main platforms, Android and iOS, most of the downloaded apps were either uninstalled within a week or used no more than a handful of times. The number of most frequently used apps was like 7 or so, that were used on a daily basis. And then one can maybe double that number when averaged out over a week or two.

In other words, it's a problem to not get what one thinks one needs but really only wants despite actually getting if not everything almost everything of what one needs.

So, there's that perception and add to that poor marketing, and those are the main problems as far as I see it.

PS: I haven't been on this forum that long, but even my first month I was shocked at how some people that were as close to trolls as one can be without moderators getting rid of them kept saying that there weren't banking apps, even though they existed, and there weren't other types of apps, same deal, after people pointed out to them that the apps existed. The functionality existed. It didn't matter. The only thing that matters is the story, and the story is "the app gap", so then everything else fades into obscurity, including context, perspective and facts.

I understand your point, but believe you are taking the far extreme from the one you are debating. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle.
I know about the studies you speak of, and don't deny people try lots of apps but only use a few. Those few are what is important to them (not you or I, but the public in general). If those apps don't exist then they look elsewhere for convenience. You have to admit, there are many apps that don't exist on the Windows platform or are leaving every week. Might not be important to you or I, but is to someone else. We also know we can get "most" of the same performance using the website but, again, most people don't think that way (perception). Its a problem, to some degree, you cannot ignore. BB10 had the same issue even with workarounds to get some Android apps, which Windows cannot.
Marketing is surely a problem.
Do I think apps is the main/only issue? No, but it certainly has an impact.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs