The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    As far as I can see this info has not been pass on from WinCentral.

The Upgrade Advisor app, that was used to easily upgrade from the older Windows Phone OS, is no longer available. While it is possible to download the app via the Store, it won’t actually allow the device to be upgraded, instead showing a message that reads:

The Windows 10 upgrade isn’t available for your phone right now. We’re trying to determine if your phone can support Windows 10.

It makes no difference what phone or if has worked for you before.
    Only way now is through insiders.

Microsoft ends the Upgrade Advisor app, no official upgrade path from Windows Phone 8.1 to Windows 10 Mobile
    xandros9, den den3, ven07 and 1 others like this.
    06-25-2017 04:42 PM
    Moved to Windows 10 Mobile.

EDIT: Out-of-date article.
    Last edited by xandros9; 06-26-2017 at 10:21 AM.
    libra89, den den3 and ven07 like this.
    06-25-2017 11:07 PM
    As far as I can see this info has not been pass on from WinCentral.

The Upgrade Advisor app, that was used to easily upgrade from the older Windows Phone OS, is no longer available. While it is possible to download the app via the Store, it won’t actually allow the device to be upgraded, instead showing a message that reads:

The Windows 10 upgrade isn’t available for your phone right now. We’re trying to determine if your phone can support Windows 10.

It makes no difference what phone or if has worked for you before.
    Only way now is through insiders.

Microsoft ends the Upgrade Advisor app, no official upgrade path from Windows Phone 8.1 to Windows 10 Mobile
    The article is 2 months old. The Upgrade Advisor was temporarily out of order because they prepared to bring the Creators Update to the Production ring
    den den3, xandros9 and ven07 like this.
    06-26-2017 01:09 AM
    The upgrade advisor app still works. I've just used it to upgrade a Lumia 735 today.
    ven07, xandros9, libra89 and 3 others like this.
    06-26-2017 03:54 AM
    Off and on again

Microsoft quietly re-enables Upgrade Advisor for supported Windows phones

Like the article says:

Microsoft’s Windows Phone update policies are as baffling as ever
    den den3 and iamnixster like this.
    06-26-2017 10:35 AM
    I used the upgrade advisor back then. It supported both my 830 and 640xl. I use the slow ring insider now; works flawlessly till date.
    den den3 likes this.
    06-26-2017 01:21 PM
    Off and on again

Microsoft quietly re-enables Upgrade Advisor for supported Windows phones

Like the article says:

Microsoft’s Windows Phone update policies are as baffling as ever
    This article is also 2 months old. As I've already told you: the deactivated it for a short time to prepare for the arrival of the Creator's Update.
    den den3 likes this.
    06-27-2017 02:37 AM
    Upgrade Advisor is working normally .I used it today to upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile after using the WDRT.My phone was getting a non-responding dark screen 3 to 4 times a day on Creators Update on Insider Release Preview ,though at other times it was working fine.
    den den3 likes this.
    06-27-2017 11:00 AM
    The upgrade advisor app still works. I've just used it to upgrade a Lumia 735 today.
    I used it this week on a Lumia 1520. I had to be on the latest version of the 8.1 update for that model to get it to install though.
    08-01-2017 11:31 PM
    Now you can use the OTC update tool for supported devices to move to W10M from your computer. Make sure you read the README file for any fine details. It downloads the packages to your PC then uploads them to your phone, your phone kicks off the update automatically, so make sure it is charged first, and you have enough space both on your pc and phone.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=8LtnNwXx
    10-28-2017 09:05 AM
    One note on the OTC update, you'll have to unplug the device to complete the update so as Nate stated, having the phone charged is important.
    10-28-2017 04:00 PM
    For the life of me I can't work out why the OTC Update won't install. I downloaded the file from the link in Nate W's post, and then when I open it I get the following message: "This app can't run on your PC. To find a version for your PC, check with the software publisher." I'm running Windows 10 FCU with .NET 4.x installed. Surely it's not because I'm on an Intel Compute Stick???
    11-08-2017 04:32 AM