Shared Codebase?

CraigCole

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
This is probably a really stupid question but I don't mind playing the fool every now and again so I'll ask anyway :grin:. Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile share the same core, the same foundational elements, right? At least that's how I understand it, as someone with, at best, a basic understanding of how computers work. If this is the case, why does my Lumia 950 disconnect from Wi-Fi ALL THE FRICKEN TIME (and usually requires a restart to connect again) while my Surface Pro 4 *literally* never has this issue? Why is this a problem on one device but not the other? I seem to remember my Lumia 1020 dropping internet connectivity pretty regularly as well. Does W10M share elements with WP8/8.1?

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Shared code based doesn't mean shared hardware. Your Wi-Fi adaptor in your phone is different to your Surface. And WP8.1 had much less shared than WM10.

I suggest checking for firmware updates in your Wi-Fi access point if you are having issues with some devices dropping.

CraigCole

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Shared code based doesn't mean shared hardware. Your Wi-Fi adaptor in your phone is different to your Surface. And WP8.1 had much less shared than WM10.

I suggest checking for firmware updates in your Wi-Fi access point if you are having issues with some devices dropping.

It's weird. We've got an old Dell tower (running Windows 10), an HP printer, two iPads, an Apple TV, my SP4 and probably a couple things I'm forgetting about and NOTHING else drops connectivity, just the 950...

Also, I checked for updates and it's current.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Mine disconnects Every. Single. Day. But anyway, hopefully you can make sense of all this because I don't understand any of it...

View attachment 136550

View attachment 136551

View attachment 136552

Hmm, your actually on the EXACT same everything as me. I'm on insiders preview. Same firmware, same build number, same radio software.
And I never get a dropped wifi.

Which is curious - and doesn't really answer why this is happening. I guess you could try doing a hard reboot....

But that makes this a bit of a mystery....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss