Lumia and Windows 10 Mobile

rapitts

Jul 9, 2017
Visit site
Several months ago I ditched my Lumia 930 and moved across onto a Samsung Galaxy 7, the windows updates occurring on the phone at that time were just too buggy, so as a lemming I tried the Android platform.

Anyway to cut a long story short I miss the Windows Mobile Tile interface, simple stuff like pinning an outlook folder onto the main screen doesn't exist on the android.

I got to say the tile interface is the best mobile interface out there.

So now looking for another windows phone is like looking for hens teeth except for the HP Elite.

Its funny that Microsoft are sticking with the windows store.

Hopefully the surface phone will make my dream come true again, at the moment Microsoft lost their mojo in this area.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Two things I'd try first:

1. A different launcher like Launcher 10 or SquareHome 2.
2. See if a different email client can do what you want.

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
You could do what xandros9 suggests emulating W10M on your S7 or, look for a cheap, yet getting much older, native 10 device to get yourself back into the Windows Mobile platform realm. I'm sure you could find a good used 950/XL if you're so willing to put in effort and don't mind living on the edge.

Personally I'm not foreseeing anything new coming fourth for a considerable amount of time, if ever. Which means, going "old school" and "back in time" may be your only choice if you want the TRUE WM experience. It ain't going to be an easy find but they are out there if you so choose.

Last edited:

Neill Baldwin

May 16, 2015
Visit site
If your looking for a cheap option, someone posted a link in the phone section to eBay for new and refurbed Alcatel 4s from $120 to$150. I just ordered one to try it out. If you go with the launchers as previously mentioned, Launcher 10 REALLY does give that Windows look and feel. My only problem with it is that it seems to eat battery.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Several months ago I ditched my Lumia 930 and moved across onto a Samsung Galaxy 7, the windows updates occurring on the phone at that time were just too buggy, so as a lemming I tried the Android platform.

Anyway to cut a long story short I miss the Windows Mobile Tile interface, simple stuff like pinning an outlook folder onto the main screen doesn't exist on the android.

I got to say the tile interface is the best mobile interface out there.

So now looking for another windows phone is like looking for hens teeth except for the HP Elite.

Its funny that Microsoft are sticking with the windows store.

Hopefully the surface phone will make my dream come true again, at the moment Microsoft lost their mojo in this area.

Microsoft better come with some thunder this time around. It is a barren land out there. The Elite x3 is a niche phone, Enterprise worthy and eye catching by all the lumia 1520 lovers out there. It really is a cool phone though with ip67, unheard of in any WM/WP till last year...

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
People hold up Arrow Launcher as something to install on an Android phone but honestly it's just another launcher that just so happens to be made by Microsoft. It's not Windows Phone-y, it's just a launcher. Try other stuff like Action Launcher, Nova, ap15, Launcher 10, SquareHome and see what works for you.

Wbutchart1

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
People hold up Arrow Launcher as something to install on an Android phone but honestly it's just another launcher that just so happens to be made by Microsoft. It's not Windows Phone-y, it's just a launcher. Try other stuff like Action Launcher, Nova, ap15, Launcher 10, SquareHome and see what works for you.
Have to say I've tried all the launchers. Arrow is the best I think, it's integration with office, it's recent list, really useful features. Don't see others such as nova actually adding anything at all to the usability of a phone.

Launcher 10 is a great wp launcher, looks great, still prefer arrow through due to the utility page.

Kimmo Toivanen

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
People hold up Arrow Launcher as something to install on an Android phone but honestly it's just another launcher that just so happens to be made by Microsoft. It's not Windows Phone-y, it's just a launcher.

Vertical scrolling works best for me. There are not many launchers to do that. But I agree, one should try different launchers and see what fits, based on functionality, not on who made it ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon