07-26-2017 04:43 PM
63 123
tools
    Apps schmapps..
    ...back in day, I had to walk uphill twenty miles through the snow while raccoons tore at my heels in order for me to get a good signal on my cellular mobile device, and I liked it.
    07-22-2017 08:26 PM
    ...back in day, I had to walk uphill twenty miles through the snow while raccoons tore at my heels in order for me to get a good signal on my cellular mobile device, and I liked it.
    Back in my day, I had to walk uphill both ways.

Sent from my Galaxy S8+
    Guytronic and Drael646464 like this.
    07-22-2017 08:40 PM
    Backwards...
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    07-23-2017 06:57 AM
    Originally posted by mattiasnyc
    That isn't Microsoft confirming something though, it's just some to me random person saying something about what Microsoft supposedly said. It does not equate to officially confirming that MS "will no longer add features to W10 Mobile."
    Feel free to listen to the podcasts mentioned in the article, then you'll be able to hear it straight from the horse's mouth, from Microsoft themselves.
    xandros9 likes this.
    07-24-2017 08:32 AM
    I'm just in wait and see mode now. I am happy with my iPhone for now, but I anxiously wait to see what comes out next from Microsoft. A large part of me would love to see them thrive in this segment, but I'm not willing to compromise on the functionality like I did in the past. I just want a device that works and makes things easier, and not something that I have to use as a work around.
    07-24-2017 12:27 PM
    Feel free to listen to the podcasts mentioned in the article, then you'll be able to hear it straight from the horse's mouth, from Microsoft themselves.
    Which podcast? Which webcast? Do you want us to randomly listen to webcasts until we find it?

If you're talking about Sarkar's comments they weren't what you said was said.
    Drael646464 likes this.
    07-24-2017 07:39 PM
    He's completely right. Not only is the insiders team not privy to long term plans the questions were both about _immediate_ plans to take it off feature2, not _ever_.

I've seen transcripts for both. All they say is "mobile is not coming off feature2 soon", ie by FCU (which is really all insider teams would be privy to)

Which shouldn't really be news to anyone. If that was going to happen, the users on insiders would have known about it ages ago.
    07-24-2017 10:30 PM
    Well, if Windows Phone goes... I'm back to old school, with a Nokia 3310 plus a Garmin GPS device. And if I want to use the Internet? Off to a cybercafe, I go.
    Joe920 likes this.
    07-26-2017 04:14 AM
    I'm stunned by a few posts.

No matter what happened to W10M, I could never ever go back to iOS. It's just....wrong.
    07-26-2017 02:13 PM
    I am 18 months without WP now, and honestly I can't remember what made me so enamored with it in the first place. I love wireless charging and glance screen, but Android has had that for years now on several phones. Live tiles? That's just big icons with semi-useful information plastered on them on occasion. I am still waiting on the true pocket PC, a device that runs a mobile OS on its dedicated screen, but can project wirelessly or wired to any nearby monitor/keyboard/clamshell/tv as a full-powered PC (No CSHELL or Continuum BS). I am tired of having to use separate whole solution devices (desktop at work, tablet/laptop/phone/xbox at home), which all have to be customized separately. I understand that this "surface phone" isn't what most WP users want, but it will be the only device that MS can become successful with because it is the only device the other platforms CAN'T make. Android as a PC is never going to work, look at the S8, sales of the dock are practically non-existent, and the S835 in it is very powerful. Until that day comes (several years from now, possibly a decade), I will continue to use an iPhone as just that, a phone. It makes calls, it browses the web and works on Verizon, something no current WP sold in stores can.
    07-26-2017 02:55 PM
    I'm stunned by a few posts.

No matter what happened to W10M, I could never ever go back to iOS. It's just....wrong.
    Well, it was pretty effortless for me. To each their own.
    agaskew, mark233 and Guytronic like this.
    07-26-2017 03:16 PM
    Just came across this thread. Sorry, didn't read all the messages but I am guessing it's the same as the ones that were started 5 yrs ago?

Twitter: @PhotographyET
    07-26-2017 03:48 PM
    Just came across this thread. Sorry, didn't read all the messages but I am guessing it's the same as the ones that were started 5 yrs ago?

Twitter: @PhotographyET
    Yes, when there was more Windows mobile users. The remaining 12 users started this new thread. 🤣
    Just funnn' ya of course.
    07-26-2017 04:43 PM
63 123