Problems: Lumia 950 Dual

ejbrod1

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,
Been having a few issues with the phone over the last few days.

1)Battery has been appalling 3-5 hours from full
2)Notifications and actions: the second SIM is not showing up in here
3)Phone freezing when ending a call (move phone from face and screen still black - stays like this for approx 10 secs)
3)Edge browser constantly crashing
4)Battery getting so hot I cannot hold the phone.

I am on the verge of buying an Android phone

Has anyone experienced these issues?

Any help appreciated

mtbmike24

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Originally posted by ejbrod1
Hi guys,
Been having a few issues with the phone over the last few days.

1)Battery has been appalling 3-5 hours from full
2)Notifications and actions: the second SIM is not showing up in here
3)Phone freezing when ending a call (move phone from face and screen still black - stays like this for approx 10 secs)
3)Edge browser constantly crashing
4)Battery getting so hot I cannot hold the phone.

I am on the verge of buying an Android phone

Has anyone experienced these issues?

Any help appreciated

Yep CU update is junk I suggest a hard reset no back up I had the same issues unfortunately hard resets are part of the game with this phone/Microsoft. I'm on number 7 over a year to keep my phone stable hard reset helps all the bugs and my phone doesn't burn my hand anymore however battery life still kind of sucks. I'm just waiting it out until the end of the year and then I'm gone can't do it any more. If I'm going to have bugs like this I might as well be on Android were I can have apps.

ejbrod1

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply mike.

I have hard reset 4 times in the last 2 days (no backup).

Still having the same issues.

The main concern is the battery - between 3 & 5 hours is shocking. I don't know what they have done at MS but it has had a hugely negative affect on my phone. It should not get so hot as to force me to put it down.

How can the dual SIM notification feature suddenly disappear???? Was there last Friday, battery died, plugged in and it was gone! Nothing in Notifications and Actions and no notification sound for texts or calls?!

I am very close to ordering a dual sim Android phone.

ExemplarlOlz

May 7, 2016
Visit site
Check your battery, it's swollen, I guess. Mine died after half year. I don't remember that I have all of the issues, but your battery can trigger them.

Will Gilliland

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
I vote for the new battery too. What is burning up the battery? Have you looked at what app is using the most battery? My me, the hard reset did the trick and everything was silky smooth and with great battery life. Then run time went down and it turned out to be the Fitbit app. Since then, Fitbit has updated their app and all is back to normal, but in the world of Windows Mobile, you'll get an errant app burning your phone up.

mtbmike24

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Same apps new battery from when I sent mine in for warranty service. My battery life went to hell after CU update I did get most of the unacceptable bugs out after a hard reset no restore now the phone is usable but bat life is horrendous. It's possible It could be his battery how old is your phone. They have some good options on Amazon for battery Extention packs that take the place of the back cover and add another 9,000 mil amps for 75 bucks or you can find a 2 pack of batteries as well as a external charger for 46 dollars. Worth a try I suppose.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720