Backup instead of Onedrive?

Gaiden96

Jul 27, 2017
Visit site
I bought a Western Digital My Cloud and was thinking I could redirect all the pictures and everything to be sent to that instead of Onedrive since mine continually is full. Is there a way to do this?

Also I thought at some point windows 10 apps would run on windows 10 mobile? I found the app for my surface but they don't have one for mobile. The one I have for surface doesn't really seem to work anyway....

Thanks for any insights.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Unfortunately, I'm not sure if you can redirect but what you can possibly do is turn off backup to Onedrive and then just upload manually to your cloud via Edge?

Don't quote me on that idea.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
Backup to OneDrive and then manually save your best.pictures to the external drive. That was your best stuff is saves two.locations where as your junk stuff is only saved once.

Twitter: @PhotographyET

kingraven

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Unless there's some roundabout way to do what you're asking, the answer is "no". As others have stated here, you can backup to OneDrive then download photos to a local directory on your computer. Go back to your One Drive and delete all your photos. Also, if you're an Office user, Office 365 offers a storage increase for active subscribers. I get 1 TB of storage for photos, which for mobile uploads will take a LONG time to filling up since there tends to be compression on uploads. The other option is to use an alternative like DropBox. Or you can just pay a few bucks and upgrade your storage for OneDrive. I know paying more isn't always a wanted path forward but using OneDrive for upload/backup is so easy and it's really a solid service - hasn't let me down in the 5 years I've been using it.

If you want a FREE upgrade on OneDrive, refer friends. I believe you can unlock 10GB of online storage if you get 10 friends to sign up. Just find friends that aren't already using it and help them setup a free account. Even if they don't want to use it going forward you still get the referral credit. If you have $2 a month you're okay parting ways with, you can get 50GB of OneDrive storage. I use 45GB of my 1TB storage and I've been backing up photos for years using only OneDrive. I'm not a camera fiend but I take photos and videos at decent quality and they look good online.

If I were you I'd opt for ease of use over the manual process of backing up to a drive and pay the $2/mo - though you can do both. When you max out your online space, move it all to your external drive and then proceed to try and fill up the next!

Gaiden96

Jul 27, 2017
Visit site
Ok thanks for the feed back. I already have a cloud device so I don't want to duplicate that by subscribing to a larger OneDrive. Did realize it was $2/mo though, that's cheap. I got the cloud because my girlfriend that I live with has an Iphone, so we wanted something we both could use.

Ill just use the one drive and copy over once I fill it up. Thanks again!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos