01-21-2018 08:43 AM
199 1234 ...
tools
    I usually pass my Windows phones down the line to family members when I upgrade; however, when I moved on to my Samsung S7 Edge I retained my 640XL which is used for everything but making a phone call. I still love it more than any other mobile device I have owned.
    Yiannis_P and Scienceguy Labs like this.
    08-04-2017 09:49 AM
    I take my 950 fishing to use as a camera. Still takes great photos. Can't risk getting my daily (Oneplus 5) driver wet.
    rinosaur likes this.
    08-04-2017 09:50 AM
    If you decide to sell your 1520, shoot me a message, would be interested in buying it...
    08-04-2017 09:51 AM
    950XL Daily Driver Fast Ring
    kwright62 likes this.
    08-04-2017 09:54 AM
    Everything I need from a phone, W10M is capable of offering.

Call, texting, Skype, WhatsApp, Facebook, Messenger, Edge, Groove, Mail, myTube and all other core OS apps.

Basically I can achieve everything I need. I'm also aware my experience would be much improved on iOS or Android, but I'm fine currently
    08-04-2017 09:55 AM
    I'm using my 640 until it dies or totally runs out of internal memory. I've tried my wife's samsung galaxy and I decided to stick to WP.
    Yiannis_P likes this.
    08-04-2017 09:57 AM
    Geez. You might as well call this Android or IOS Central. Windows Phone 4 Ever KID. I just upgraded my Lumia 1520 for the Idol 4s. Beautiful piece of equipment. I'm using Tidal for music and Groove (I have a ton of free months). I use Maps, and Scout for navigation. I also own Copilot and Navigon. All work great. For photos I use Create a perfect selfie. For daily travel I use TransitNYC and pin mta websites and ParkMobile has a windows phone app to pay for train parking. Facebook and Air for Facebook work OK. Instgram is fine. I use Libby to checkout library books. MyTube is brilliant for youtube. I'm just not sure what I'm missing out on switching to another platform. Maybe support from the company that makes the product. But that's it
    08-04-2017 09:58 AM
    I use my 950 XL on a daily basis.
    -work via rdp to my desktop pc running blu stacks for android app access.
    -play various Xbox games
    -Use apps via terminal server rd gateway

I think it's an adequate representation of Windows 10 and it connects to the desktop OS quite well.

A lack of apps is frustrating, but I keep an extra Android phone around just for using things like that. Rarely need to utilize this.

Windows 10 Mobile is buggy and not optimized for battery life yet but the current branch is bug hunting and that is the right path for now. Skip ahead for Test devices would be nice to see what's next for mobile though.
    08-04-2017 10:02 AM
    Lumia 930 - whats app, email, browsing, voice calls, text message, camera, onenote, flashlight, excel
    BethlehemSteel likes this.
    08-04-2017 10:02 AM
    My primary device is an LG G6, but I've hung onto my Lumia 640 as a backup.
    08-04-2017 10:03 AM
    I have mine propping up a wonky table. Does a much better job than the Android one I used to use
    Elky64 likes this.
    08-04-2017 10:05 AM
    Been using my 950 since Nov 2015 as a daily driver. My 1020 has less use now but still serves as a great pocketable camera. Using the 950 for messaging, music, podcasts, calls, emails, browsing, twitter...
    Only drawbacks are no apps for Nest, Alexa, and one-time apps like conference planners and stuff one gets from QR codes. Hopefully the shift toward enhanced web apps will fill the hole but I've been very tempted by the S8. Just hate to give up on win10M. Love the OS.
    08-04-2017 10:06 AM
    My Lumia 730 dual SIM is the only phone I have been using for the past 2.5 years. Have the basic apps I need, so I don't complain about the lack of apps. Email and office apps are of great use. I had to install interop tools and tweak it to get the creator's update, and increased a bit of virtual memory. It works smoothly, have had no issues so far and will continue to use it as long as I can, probably till a surface phone comes...
    08-04-2017 10:11 AM
    My 2 year old use my 930 to watch videos.
    As sad as it may be. I am still so fond of Win10 Mobile that my 950 is my daily driver. I have an iPhone 7+ (company) which I do not like. I got it a month ago and it's just another smart phone; not making anything better or worse. They just have more apps that I do not use.
    928 is my daily driver. 4+ years old and still going strong! Running W10M (latest available for this phone) A bit laggy here and there but I could never give up my live tiles. Really only using it for a phone and messaging, camera, LastPass, Money, Maps, AccuWeather, Words with Friends and Wordament. No music or vids.

Waiting to see what MS brings in the near term...
    08-04-2017 10:14 AM
    I use Elite X3 as daily driver and my wife recently used the 950XL until it broke as her daily driver. She had the option to go iPhone or another direction and she wanted to stick with Windows, so I got her an Elite X3 as well. Both of us are very happy with the OS and we also tie them together with our Surface products. great integration
    Still use my Elite x3 as a DD. I love the hardware, and I love Continuum. While I do need a real computer for software development work, I often use the x3 docked as a computer, for email, Office apps, etc.
    I also still have my 950XL too that I used before that, and I use it for picture taking at times when I need a good camera. I usually leave a data-only SIM in it (like you'd use for a tablet) so it can stay connected or upload when not at home on WiFi.

I've used both Androids and iPhones over the years, but both the 950XL and Elite x3 are quite probably the best phones I've ever had.
    Yiannis_P likes this.
    I love using my Lumia 535, it is my daily driver. I am constantly upgrading to latest software. This is still increasing my overall experience. I have no issues with the apps gap. Loving and waiting to buy the next mobile device from Microsoft.
    08-04-2017 10:16 AM
    What are you doing with your Windows Phone? What are you planning to do with your Windows 10 Mobile device(s). What do you like to do with your Windows 10 Mobile? I am curious to know who all is still curious, thriving, or enjoying the Windows 10 mobile world out there...

-Are you one who is rotating between the two or three you own ( that's what I do usually :] ) wishing one had aspects of the other?

-Are you using them to the fullest? Meaning are you into tweaking it or customizing (Interop Unlock or reg editing / Developer Mode)?

-Are you content with where you're at in using your current Windows 10 Mobile device?

-Whatever you want to share?

Ease of use is great on W10M. Email is superb. I like also that Microsoft has opened the door to development and the ability to access the registry for us technies, enthusiasts and do-it-your-selfers. These and many other things about Windows 10 Mobile has me latched and keeps me around too.
    I just got a 3 month Groove music pass for 200 Microsoft Rewards points, and am enjoying asking Cortana to play songs for me every time the one I just asked for ends. It is MAGICAL. The only thing I wish I could solve is how to keep the screen on while playing (and charging).
    08-04-2017 10:16 AM
    I currently have 2 Windows Phones. I use a Lumia 1520 as my daily driver and my main camera. Currently I'm keeping it at WP 8.1 with Lumia Denim. I also have a Lumia 920 on Win 10 Mobile that I use as a music player and have access to the mobile UWP apps. I'm happy with what I've got, no reason to "upgrade".
    08-04-2017 10:20 AM
    Use my 950 every day, its my only device. Very happy still. Although I am getting a mozo case to give it a bit of newness again, stops me getting bored with it.
    08-04-2017 10:20 AM
  23. Asybuhari Hakim Mohamed Johari's Avatar
    What are you doing with your Windows Phone? What are you planning to do with your Windows 10 Mobile device(s). What do you like to do with your Windows 10 Mobile? I am curious to know who all is still curious, thriving, or enjoying the Windows 10 mobile world out there...

-Are you one who is rotating between the two or three you own ( that's what I do usually :] ) wishing one had aspects of the other?

-Are you using them to the fullest? Meaning are you into tweaking it or customizing (Interop Unlock or reg editing / Developer Mode)?

-Are you content with where you're at in using your current Windows 10 Mobile device?

-Whatever you want to share?

Ease of use is great on W10M. Email is superb. I like also that Microsoft has opened the door to development and the ability to access the registry for us technies, enthusiasts and do-it-your-selfers. These and many other things about Windows 10 Mobile has me latched and keeps me around too.
    Previously ran Lumia 430 for simple telephony, emails and browsing the interweb. For social media, I rely heavily on WhatsApp, Telegram & Slim Social (a web wrapper for Facebook)

Why Slim Social? Because I can't seems to get the official Facebook app to run well, maybe due to the stupid 2GB memory requirements (Android ones can run fine in 1GB devices)

My current daily driver is a preloved Lumia 640XL (Dual-SIM non-LTE) which I got for MYR200 (less than USD50) 2 months ago. Bought this because its the lowest spec model that listed as one of the official recipient for the last Creator Update

Will try to hold out as long as I can to see what direction Microsoft wants to take in regards of mobile. Or when WhatsApp finally not supported in W10M
    Last edited by Asybuhari Hakim Mohamed Johari; 08-04-2017 at 11:10 AM. Reason: typos
    08-04-2017 10:21 AM
    My L950 is my daily driver. I use it to do light school work using office mobile apps. I also use a great pixel art program I can't find anywhere else. I'm building assets for a game I'm developing on the side. I also have an emulator that I use to play games. This phone is so great!
    08-04-2017 10:28 AM
    I really wish I had the X3. I have a L950 and I sort of want the bigger screen and power. I'm glad you guys are enjoying it! I get too nervous to recommend people to Windows Phones because of the app gap issue (my wife and brother-in-law showed interest, but I didn't want to feel like I caused them any regrets once they saw the lack of apps) :/
    aximtreo likes this.
    08-04-2017 10:33 AM
199 1234 ...