01-21-2018 08:43 AM
199 ... 45678
tools
    Do you want to part ways with the 1020?
    08-05-2017 01:30 PM
    Want to part ways with your 950 XL or 1520?....are they in good shape?
    08-05-2017 01:32 PM
    What are you doing with your Windows Phone? What are you planning to do with your Windows 10 Mobile device(s). What do you like to do with your Windows 10 Mobile? I am curious to know who all is still curious, thriving, or enjoying the Windows 10 mobile world out there...

-Are you one who is rotating between the two or three you own ( that's what I do usually :] ) wishing one had aspects of the other?

-Are you using them to the fullest? Meaning are you into tweaking it or customizing (Interop Unlock or reg editing / Developer Mode)?

-Are you content with where you're at in using your current Windows 10 Mobile device?

-Whatever you want to share?

Ease of use is great on W10M. Email is superb. I like also that Microsoft has opened the door to development and the ability to access the registry for us technies, enthusiasts and do-it-your-selfers. These and many other things about Windows 10 Mobile has me latched and keeps me around too.
    I have used windows phones for a while. The latest one I had was the Lumia 950 but after I dropped it in a lake kayaking ive been using my old lumia 1020 and I think its a lumia 625 or something like that?

I use it casually. I am 26 so I am very in tuned with tech but I do use Windows 10 mobile to its fullest with continuum and one drive and what not.

I am happy with windows phone, I use an android phone from time to time for some fishing apps but its usually on the mobile hotspot on my lumia.

EXTRAS: I am able to upgrade and I really want the HP windows phone but I am afraid that they will announce a surface phone and I will be stuck with the HP phone xP so I keep usuing old lumias even though I can get a better windows phone. If they don't announce a Surface "phone" this fall I will pick up the HP.
    08-05-2017 02:40 PM
    I use my 950 XL on a daily basis.
    -work via rdp to my desktop pc running blu stacks for android app access.
    Out of curiosity, what work do you do using rdp on the phone. Do you hook up with continuum to a monitor? Also, do you have VPN?
    08-05-2017 05:13 PM
    I feel like people, including Windows Central like complaining... Just because Microsoft has not released a New device, how does that make the current device defective? I have a Lumia 950 which I used daily and I love it everyday. There is nothing wrong with it. I do emails, calls, WhatsApp, Twitter, Instgrm, Gaming... WHAT ELSE do I need??
    Even if you got a NEW phone today, what NEW thing would you DO DIFFRENTLY OR use the phone for besides the same usual things..
    08-05-2017 08:29 PM
    What are you doing with your Windows Phone? What are you planning to do with your Windows 10 Mobile device(s). What do you like to do with your Windows 10 Mobile? I am curious to know who all is still curious, thriving, or enjoying the Windows 10 mobile world out there...

-Are you one who is rotating between the two or three you own ( that's what I do usually :] ) wishing one had aspects of the other?

-Are you using them to the fullest? Meaning are you into tweaking it or customizing (Interop Unlock or reg editing / Developer Mode)?

-Are you content with where you're at in using your current Windows 10 Mobile device?

Ease of use is great on W10M. Email is superb. I like also that Microsoft has opened the door to development and the ability to access the registry for us technies, enthusiasts and do-it-your-selfers. These and many other things about Windows 10 Mobile has me latched and keeps me around too.
    08-05-2017 08:37 PM
    I think Windows Phone is great at,the basics. Sms email calls. I like.the outlook Integration that just doesn't work properly on the iPhone 7. I look forward to new hardware in the future.
    Dave Sloan likes this.
    08-05-2017 08:39 PM
    Went back to 8.1 a week ago. So happy now...
    08-05-2017 09:07 PM
    Started my WP journey with Lumia 720, beautiful device with awesome cameras, great balance between design and functionality!
    Upgraded to Lumia 735 after that, got the green (Hulk ver :P), Served me two rough years, that 1GB RAM device worked awesomely well!
    Now I use Lumia 930 as primary device, W10M CU!

I use my Lumia for almost everything, but mostly for Connecting People + Imaging + Music, did I mention how much I love the 20.7MP shooter!
    fin11 and BethlehemSteel like this.
    08-06-2017 04:59 AM
    Have a 950 and a 1020. I keep the 850 updated but have had issues with the 1020. I just wanna use the 1020 for the camera.

Just realized how nice Edge Browser is on 10 Mobile, renders pages alot better.
    08-06-2017 10:19 AM
    If you haven't found one. I may be willing to part with mine.
    08-06-2017 10:49 AM

08-06-2017 02:23 PM
    currently use a 950 as my daily driver, on slow insider OS, rock solid performance. Had some rough patches in the past, but at present I can't imagine a better phone, I've tried them all.
    Dave Sloan likes this.
    08-06-2017 02:32 PM
    Windows is still my only phone - I've had an 830 for a little over two years now, thanks to a good case and a screen protector. And while I think it could have been a brilliant device, we definitely have a love/hate relationship. Too many quirks, not enough apps. I realize the big ones are there, sure, but it's the niche apps that really frustrate me. And then there's the calendar, which is a Microsoft app and a complete disaster. If they can't even get that right, I have little hope they're going to pull it together. I guess it's time to remove the case and screen protector and cast my phone's fate to the wind. What I'm going to get after it dies is a bridge I'll cross when I get there, since I dislike both of the other platforms.
    08-06-2017 03:47 PM
    My daily driver, running insider release preview builds even though I have android phone.
    I like Windows 10 alot.
    I want Microsoft to hurry up and release new devices.
    Same here. I love my M8. And with WM10, it is really a great phone. Looking forward to the new Surface Phone...
    08-06-2017 07:51 PM
    My 950L is my only phone and I use it for everything, pictures, you tube (weblink,) Twitter and facebook (both the apps), email and apps that are unavailable generally work just as good using the website through edge.

Love the wireless charging and live tiles
    fin11 likes this.
    08-06-2017 11:59 PM
    My 950 XL is my daily driver. Take a ton of pics; this camera is the BEST! The screen shows them off in amazing colour and detail! Family, friends, and co-workers always comment on how good my pics look. Love the live tiles and OS; i'm a happy camper!
    fin11 and BethlehemSteel like this.
    08-07-2017 12:59 AM
    I use my 950 as a daily driver, the third party apps are not great or inexistent, but most of the time I only use Microsoft apps and Facebook and Twitter, the rest I use the mobile website which actually isn't too bad. the overall performance and user experience are just much Superior to Android unless you own a flagship phone, and the apps crashes just as well on Android. iPhone are just like Android flagship , way too expensive. I got a used l950 for 200 euros, and it works great!! love the Windows mobile prices, a great value for the money.
    BethlehemSteel likes this.
    08-07-2017 04:46 AM
    I don't use my 950, or Icon anymore. I happily used WP for 4 years, seeing the potential, drinking the MS Kool-aid, waiting for features that were stock on other OS's, and having friends poke fun. TBH, I still really like my 950, but the app support is so bad I needed another option. I decided to go back to Android (Gs8), and there are some minor things I miss, but Android plays pretty well with W10. In fact, there are a lot of things you can do with a Samsung on W10 that even W10m can't.
    08-07-2017 07:30 AM
    I just switched my phone to an iPhone 7 plus. Turned off calendaring and removed the contacts from my Lumia 950. I use the iPhone for everything I was using the Lumia for except the use of Continuum. I also can now use all the apps I lost with Windows 10 Mobile on the Lumia 950. I use the Lumia with Continuum to connect to the TV in my great room and a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard for browsing the internet and working with MS Office on One Drive. And I'll do that until the Lumia dies.

I do not plan on going to a MS phone or mobile device in the future. Waiting on the promise of vaporware for the past two years is enough for me.
    theefman likes this.
    08-07-2017 01:38 PM
    My primary device, and will be till a new Surface Phone comes to replace it.
    I use it for everything, control my Sony Smart TV, the Android box in another old Samsung TV, to listen to music at work and on the bus, to transport files to and from other devices, as a mobile router to use with my old Nexus 7 tablet, to play games, to watch IPTV in an app I developed for myself (it took me about 20 minutes max to develop that app, I had no experience with c# by the time and it's still poor). Once in a while I use Continuum, and I cast a lot of Photos and videos to my TV to show family and friends my memories. This phone is my camera too, as it takes amazing photos with low light, I also got rid of my compact DSLR as my Lumia 950 showed more quality in low light photos and the standard photos were almost the same quality - one less device.
    fin11 likes this.
    08-08-2017 08:37 AM
    Use it to read forums. Better compared to Android which always fill up with ads.
    nate0 likes this.
    08-08-2017 12:01 PM
    Using my Acer Primo as a daily driver on the Anniversary Update. Nobody does Remote Desktop like W10M. Use RDP on Continuum and it's like being in front of my desktop.
    nate0 likes this.
    08-08-2017 01:57 PM
    Right now, I'm using it. As my phone.

Unfortunately, without new hardware, I doubt that will continue much into next year - my 950 will continue as a backup phone but I suspect I'll be moving to android (I have an ipod touch for ios and it's far to limited for my liking - having to add a credit card to change store region is a big no-no, compared to simply switching country on the 950).

The main problem is that I hate the current phone size trend of 5" or larger - and sub-5" devices are limited to the iPhone and Sony Xperia X compact. The one thing I really like about the ipod touch is how small it is - if there's one thing I've found after using it for the last 6 months, it's that phones are simply becoming too big and screen resolutions are still going up for no sensible reason other than for bragging rights (and VR, which simply doesn't interest me).

As much as I like the 950, I just wish it was smaller (4.7" 1080p screen would be perfect).
    nate0 likes this.
    08-09-2017 05:24 AM
    My 950xl is my daily driver.

Mail, Facebook, Instagram, Fitbit, News, Outlook, Pin It, are what I use regularly.

I'm a pro photographer and I bought it because of the camera which kicks ***. I had a 1040 before that used to be my daily driver until it could no longer be repaired.

I keep hoping Microsoft will bring out something compelling as I've tried other people's Androids which seemed chaotic, and the IPhone interface seemed to be not as good as the Live Tiles. That said if nothing new comes out when this dies I will probably go to an IPhone because it seems better than Android to me.

I would much rather stay with a Windows interface.
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    08-10-2017 09:45 AM
199 ... 45678