10-16-2017 04:23 PM
198 ... 678
tools
    What are you doing with your current device?
    I made sure my lumias are perfectly safe by hiding them in my cabinet
    PerfectReign likes this.
    08-28-2017 01:45 PM
    i did dig my 1520.3 out of a drawer to take a picture of the eclipse - made the mistake of updating it to the latest 10 mobile build, which broke 80% of my apps - even after a hard reset

rolled it back to windows 8.1, which apparently is no longer being updated or supported, took a couple of snaps with it, uploaded them to the cloud, switched off the phone and went back to using my iPhone 5s --a phone OLDER than the 1520 thats STILL supported and working on the latest IOS)

for shame Microsoft, for shame.

finally made me realize windows 10 mobile (and windows on a mobile phone in general) is dead .. done .. over with.

What apps didnt work, if you dont mind me asking? My 1520 is on the fast ring latest build and the only thing I have been having problems with is my camera.
    08-30-2017 08:28 AM
    It's my primary device. But I'm like a super edge case. All I really care about is texting, calendar and youtube.

I'm a masochist though because I put up with not even being able to send or receive mms due to my ****ty unlocked idol 4s not working properly on ATT. It's hard to know when to blame windows and when to blame the device/network connectivity. Sadly I have a blind loyalty to this platform.

I do have an android device that I use rarely for this app called whisper but that's it.
    08-31-2017 01:21 PM
    I still use my Lumia 640 along with my Galaxy S7. There are just some things that still work better on Windows phones. It is easier to text and easier to use in the car.
    08-31-2017 10:40 PM
    I use my Idol 4S as a daily driver for work and personal. I can get an IPhone 7 plus for free from my company, but continue to decline since I don't want to handle two phones and don't like Apple. Unfortunately, it is becoming more challenging with Windows 10 mobile since critical apps aren't available or not working properly. I travel frequently, so airline apps are a must. Luckily, I primarily fly United and that app still works. Not so for other airlines. I jumped ship from Android (jumped onto sinking ship) in February 2017 and haven't looked back. I prefer Windows 10 over Android or IOS, so I will hang on for as long as possible. I'm considering switching to a 950XL because my Idol 4S is becoming unstable at times.
    NYCMetsPDX likes this.
    08-31-2017 11:42 PM
    My Lumia 950XL has been my daily driver since may 2016. Just replaced the battery and it's running smoothly. Have all the apps I need and will probably be using this phone for at least 2 more years. The camera is so amazing. Have two mozo leather backs and a Nillkin amazing H+ screenprotector giving the phone a premium look.Also have a lumia 925 (now my backup phone) running WM10 AU. Tried android when my lumia 925 screen broke but didn't like it, was constantly afraid of installing new apps, a lot of them seemed obscure and insecure. The android os also quickly seemed to use up memory and system resources. Replaced my lumia 925 screen and its still fine. If I would loose my 950 XL I would do everything to get hold of another 950 XL using my spare 925 in the meantime. I also have the display dock and a wireless display adapter but I rarely use continuum. I dont use social media so I dont miss any apps atm.
    Nate W likes this.
    09-01-2017 05:14 AM
    Lumia 950 is being used as a coaster on my desk. Works great.
    PerfectReign likes this.
    09-04-2017 01:26 AM
    Well, I was going back to my Lumia 950 as my daily driver quite often. However, with the bluetooth issues still around, I just could not continue using it anymore. When trying to use it with my Dodge Dart UConnect 8.4, the phone who call, switch to the phone, I try to transfer back and it does not work. I cannot be messing with something like that well I am trying to drive.

It stinks too because I literally hate Android for personal use. (Not in general, just for personal use.)
    09-04-2017 09:30 AM
    Well, I lasted a day and now I am back on the Lumia 950, again. :D I did finally get the Android phone to be at least usable for me, a single page of icons, daily scripture verse, 4 subreddits icons at the top from Baconit and a completely dark theme. I had also removed or disabled everything I could and it seem to work much better.

Oh well, maybe when the Fall Creators Update for Windows 10 is released, I will go back. (Cortana will have proper integration then.)
    Nate W and BethlehemSteel like this.
    09-04-2017 08:18 PM
    I still use my Lumia 640 along with my Galaxy S7. There are just some things that still work better on Windows phones. It is easier to text and easier to use in the car.
    yes, this, for sure. I hate the hands free setup on my S7A. I sent a text this morning, and it worked, but not as smoothly. Plus, every time I've unlocked my phone it says "message sent!", even though it's already told me....
    09-19-2017 12:06 PM
    Lumia 950 is my daily drive atm (not for long), but I'm not enjoying the experience as half a year ago:
    I'm getting annoyed by the fact that Edge is the default pdf-reader. I have to review pdf documents in all sort of sizes and number of pages. To store the documents first, then browse to the folder in my pdf-reader of choice is counter-productive.
    Battery is getting worse, and replacement batteries are of bad quality.
    Edge is still stalling/freezing, however the situation improved somewhat since the latest update.

On the other hand, I still like the responsive tiles and the app list, and would miss those when jumping to Android.
    Timbre70 and aximtreo like this.
    09-27-2017 11:11 AM
    Would you part ways with the 950? If so how much?
    10-08-2017 01:53 AM
    Would you part ways with the 950? If so how much?
    I know I ask $115 plus shipping for mine. I would ship it USPS priority, paypal only.

Heatware: ManofGod (Heatware.com is a online reputation data site for sellers and buyers, just in case you were not familiar with it.)
    10-08-2017 08:40 AM
    Carphone warehouse would only give me £55 for my 950. I would not sell it anyway it is too nice a phone to give away.

I will keep it updated for as long as I can and it can join my collection.

I have a Nokia N8, Lumia 1020 a 640 and the 950. I should of kept the N95 8GB and Lumia 900.

I am not due an upgrade until December so my 950 is my daily driver. I may need to invest in a new battery as it is nearly 2 years old now.
    10-08-2017 10:01 AM
    Well, this is the first time since 2012 that I have not had at least one Windows Phone in my possession. Can't believe how things have changed. I'm tempted to buy another one of some sort, but with the future being so bleak, I don't know if it'll be money well spent. My last wp was my trusty, old 1520, which I sold this past week.
    Guytronic, libra89 and aximtreo like this.
    10-08-2017 10:19 AM
    I still think my 950 is the best phone I have ever used in terms of ease of use. I just bought a Nokia 6 and it is already frustrating me in that it just doesn't do what I want it to do. The Lumia does everything necessary for day to day work and communication, it just needed to be supported and developed and it could have been anything. Now I'm stuck with finding a way of removing all this google crap from my new phone.
    Nate W likes this.
    10-08-2017 12:25 PM
    I had 1020 in my dresser. The screen is cracked and can't display anything. Waiting for me to bring it to the service center. Now I'm using the 950. And I aims to keep it as long as I can. I love Windows, and always be. Even if I'm about to get new phone in the future, I won't trade the old. Things that I always do on my Lumia is check for update though settings and app update through storw
    10-08-2017 12:35 PM
    Well, this is the first time since 2012 that I have not had at least one Windows Phone in my possession. Can't believe how things have changed. I'm tempted to buy another one of some sort, but with the future being so bleak, I don't know if it'll be money well spent. My last wp was my trusty, old 1520, which I sold this past week.
    Resist.

The 650 I bought this year, I don't plan to sell it even if I turn it on once a month for updates.
    10-08-2017 07:31 PM
    I have 4 paper weights now. One 820, 2 730s and a 950XL, soon to end up with 2 more 730 as my brother and sister both need replacement phones and will move to Android. Not looking forward to teaching them how to use these new phones. 😑
    10-09-2017 12:02 AM
    My 950XL is doing just fine. I just bought a new case for it and a new back plate too.
    Nate W likes this.
    10-09-2017 08:57 AM
    Well, I am now used to my Android setup and really do not want to switch back to my 950 anymore. My Vivoactive 3 seems to have issues from time to time with my Honor 6X but then again, it also has issues with the 950 well working just fine on my iPhone 5.
    10-13-2017 10:37 PM
    Using my Lumia 950 as a point and shoot camera..
    aximtreo likes this.
    10-13-2017 10:57 PM
    When the time comes to move on from Windows 10 Mobile we will need a decent Podcast app that will sync between Android/IOS and Windows 10.

For the moment I use Grover Pro on Windows 10 Mobile and Windows 10.
    10-16-2017 04:23 PM
198 ... 678