For Windows 10 Mobile users (What are you doing with your current device?)

Jeep1962

May 28, 2017
Visit site
I use my 950 as my daily phone, don't have and don't need another beside this awesome phone. Makes very nice pics and works great!!

Groover1971

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I just took my 950 on a two week long trip around the "4 Corner" states and used the default Maps app for navigation, never looking at a printed map. I also used it take pictures, panoramas, and videos. During those long stretches of highway, I listed to Spotify through the car's Bluetooth. At night, I used it to check Facebook and emails. I also depended on it for the local weather forecast and alarm for the following day. It's my daily and only driver. I plan to keep it as long as I can.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I have a L920. I use it to smash bricks, crack cement floors. It also double as my bullet-proof gear.

... !

Last edited:

Diamondx_8

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I use Elite X3 as daily driver and my wife recently used the 950XL until it broke as her daily driver. She had the option to go iPhone or another direction and she wanted to stick with Windows, so I got her an Elite X3 as well. Both of us are very happy with the OS and we also tie them together with our Surface products. great integration

My wife and I both have an Elite X3 too. Best Windows Phone I have had but not the best camera. Camera is still good enough for me.

Ruufus

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
My 950 XL is my daily driver. Does everything I need to do, and does it pretty well. The OS was a smoother experience earlier but lately it seems buggier. It is my trusted work communicator back-up for email and texting staff as well. Love the camera still.

actiondaymf

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
1520 with WM10 has all the apps I need: e-mail, office, Groove music, Spotify, LinkedIn, Skype, WhatsApp, Flipboard, Zinio, Kindle, Amazon, Photos app, good enough camera, using Cortana and Bing too. MS News and weather good enough. Then I cherish my Lumia 1020 for photos only. Can't beat 41MP camera. Keeping them updated as much as I can. However, my primary device right now is the Google Nexus 6. Just love great gadgets.

WinSammie

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I still use my Samsung Ativ S as a daily driver (on 8.1 update 2). I also own a 950XL that I intended for replacement of the Ativ S. It is on insider fast, and I use it to play with UWP apps and for the great camera, but it simply has too much battery drain for normal use. When I use Maps for navigation in the car the screen dims after an hour because of the heat it develops!

anon(9603734)

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
My Lumia 950 is my daily driver.

On the bus into work and coming home from work I use it to while away the time by having a quick look at Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, new articles on MSPowerUser and Windows Central apps, and then checking mTalk (for the Windows Central forums) and Readit. If traffic is particularly bad, I will also look at the BBC News website via Edge and maybe even get time to look at Flipboard!

If I awake earlier than my alarm, and am fairly full awake and there's not long until my alarm goes off then, from the comfort of my bed, I'll have a quick look at Facebook, Instagram and Twitter then instead.

If I don't go out at lunch time, then I'll sit at my desk and have a check of some of the aforementioned apps. They are my main apps.

Sometimes I need to travel for work, so if I'm travelling by train I'll listen to some of my music via Groove.

Not so long ago, I got a USB-C to HDMI adapter and a new monitor, so when I get home from work I plug the adapter into my phone to use in Continuum mode. I can do most things pretty much in Continuum that I could on my Surface Pro 4. This includes general light internet browsing, emails, using Excel, updating my money tracking app (Money Tracker Pro - I highly recommend, there's a free trial and it gets regular updates from the developer), even responding to these forums and Reddit via mTalk and Readit apps respectively.

(I don't always use Continuum - for more intensive things I use my SP4.)

When finished with Continuum, obviously it reverts to being a phone. I always speak to my parents every night (by the regular phone, not Skype), then there's WhatsApp conversations with friends. The occasional email.

I use Cortana to search if something comes to mind, to set reminders, to set a timer if I'm cooking for example.

I use an app called Smart Cart for grocery shopping lists. I like to plan my meals in advance and use an app called Recipe Keeper Pro (I believe this app is available on all platforms) which has a meal planner section - I also use it to store some recipes.

Before I go to bed, I have a last quick look at Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.

When doing chores that take a while - such as gardening and ironing, I will listen to my music via Groove.

My 950 and W10M does everything I need it to.

Sent from mTalk

Vinu Varghese M

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
What are you doing with your Windows Phone? What are you planning to do with your Windows 10 Mobile device(s).

I am still using my Lumia 1520 which was bought on 26th September 2014. The OS loaded is Windows 10 Mobile 1703 10.0.15063.502

Phone is a breeze to use and all my social media needs (WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram & Twitter) are taken care brilliantly. All my emails, quick browsing, PDF reading, etc are also taken care very well.

I am contemplating for a new phone by year end or early next year and cannot find a suitable replacement for L1520. Primary criteria is 6". Don't know when new Windows 10 Mobile handset will be available in the market. So this time going for Android.

Microsoft should have making more 6" mobile phones by now.

Cheers!

Vinu

jarski

Apr 17, 2017
Visit site
Lumia 930 is my secondary device. I love the ad free experience of Twitter, FB and Instagram, and have removed those apps from my main device.

Keith White Jr

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
The only apps I would actually use if I wasn't on W10M are WWE Network, the app for my local YMCA and my bank.

The bank has an adequate mobile site that gets me by, but the other 2 don't work without apps.

The WWE Network website says "Download our app" and when you click the link you get a "Not compatible with your device" message.

The YMCA website is bare bones and doesn't include any of the info that the app does.

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I use my old Lumia 535DS as an alarm clock, for internet browsing and as a secondary device with the sim card of my alternate mobile number. My son uses it when he is home during a university break.It is on Creators Update through Insider Release Preview.

matt7709

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Yes, I do rotate between phones. Privately, I own a Lumia 950. A have a Business iPhone, too, which I am also allowed to use privately. But still, I try to separate private and busines Task. BUT: E.g. Facebook is so annoyingly slow on Windows that I use my work iPhone for that. And I don't like the Twitter Clients for Windows 10 Mobile, so again I prefer the iPhone. But for the rest of my private stuff, I really prefer my Lumia: Mail, Calendar, RSS-Reading, WhatsApp, Taking Photos, Listening to Music (streamed from OneDrive).

I hope I can survive with my Lumia until 2018, when that Jesus phone, the "Surface Phone" is rumored to be published.

Keith White Jr

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I do rotate between phones. Privately, I own a Lumia 950. A have a Business iPhone, too, which I am also allowed to use privately. But still, I try to separate private and busines Task. BUT: E.g. Facebook is so annoyingly slow on Windows that I use my work iPhone for that. And I don't like the Twitter Clients for Windows 10 Mobile, so again I prefer the iPhone. But for the rest of my private stuff, I really prefer my Lumia: Mail, Calendar, RSS-Reading, WhatsApp, Taking Photos, Listening to Music (streamed from OneDrive).

I hope I can survive with my Lumia until 2018, when that Jesus phone, the "Surface Phone" is rumored to be published.

What is it you don't like about Twitter on W10M? I prefer it to my iPad or to the web browser.

ronharding

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
My 950XL is my personal phone. I use it for everything...

I have an Galaxy S7 for work. Not really pleased with Android. In fact, since my work email is mobile enabled, I found a way to get my work Account on my personal phone. Now my Android phone is used more as a hot spot for my 950 nd my Surface while commuting to work via train.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo