Windows 10 Mobile Camera stuck at "Saving..."

sanjula01

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Is it only me or is there anyone else out there experiencing the same problem that I have? Both my Lumia 640 XL and 950 XL are suffering from this Windows Camera app issue where I cannot take more than 3-4 pictures at a stretch without the camera app hanging with a blurred screen showing "Saving..." at the bottom. Closing and restarting the app and the phones don't help at all.

If there is no apparent fix for this thing, I think it is high time for me to switch to another platform altogether. Believe me, it is so frustrating when this happens and I have lost opportunities to capture a lot of wonderful memories when I needed the phone camera the most.

Tell me whether you face the same issue or not, in the Poll above, as well as place your comments below. The poll would make it easier for me to determine your stance.

Thank you!

Last edited:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm on mobile so I don't see the poll right now but the Saving... issue has been an issue from the beginning s
a year or two ago. If a reliable camera is a must, Windows 10 Mobile is no longer a suitable platform unfortunately.

plasmid_uk

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I've been having issues with the "Adding finishing touches" on my L950 since day 1. Turns out that although my MicroSD card has blazing speeds, the bus which reads the card is very slow. I ended up moving back to internal memory and taking photo's is a joy again.

sanjula01

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm on mobile so I don't see the poll right now but the Saving... issue has been an issue from the beginning s
a year or two ago. If a reliable camera is a must, Windows 10 Mobile is no longer a suitable platform unfortunately.

Yes, I agree with you. I know that it is a persisting issue and that is the whole problem. Why doesn't Microsoft look into this thing? Even after so many users reporting it? Right now I have completely given up on my Lumia phones and am using an Android and iPhone. I have a very tight workflow and frequent freezes, crashes and bugs on my primary phones drives me mad. One of the Windows Central Authors should take this topic up to one of their articles, seriously.

Lumia 830 upgraded to 10 within the last week, same issue. Quality software, right? /S

Sent from mTalk

Yeah and lack of attention to detail and not listening to users.

Check out this thread. Seems to be a major bug -
https://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10-mobile/463160-problems-saving-photos-640-a.html

Sent from mTalk on my 950xl

Thank you for the link to the article. This is proof that it is a widespread issue that is not being fixed, even after so many years.

I've been having issues with the "Adding finishing touches" on my L950 since day 1. Turns out that although my MicroSD card has blazing speeds, the bus which reads the card is very slow. I ended up moving back to internal memory and taking photo's is a joy again.

Not really. I don't use a MicroSD card on my Lumia 950 XL, so there is no way the Windows Camera freezes at "Saving..." every time I take photos.

Last edited by a moderator:

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Mobile Camera stuck at "Saving..."

Switched to Lumia-Camera-2015.626.1041.2739 problem solved. Works fine but can be updated by the store to the non-functioning version so watch for that.

Sent from mTalk

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site

Switched to Lumia-Camera-2015.626.1041.2739 problem solved. Works fine but can be updated by the store to the non-functioning version so watch for that.

Sent from mTalk
How does one downgrade

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

How does one downgrade

Do a search for the version, any links will probably be removed so i didn't post one. It installs as a normal app and can be set as the default camera and doesn't affect the built in camera app.

Sent from mTalk

Pynchmail

Sep 24, 2016
Visit site
My Windows Camera app worked fine on my 640 LTE until a few days ago when it went into the "Saving..." problem. I didn't do anything to it and there were no software update. Soft reset didn't help although it allowed me to take a few shots that showed up as "thumb" files of very low resolution. In the past, I did encountered shots not saved occasionally but never not being about to take photos. This is a new major issue for me.

Luckily I found Camera360 Sight on the Windows Store and installed this. This camera app saves full resolution photos much much faster and I haven't miss any shots while testing it for the last 2 days. It doesn't do video but the Windows Camera app's video still works fine.

I would still like to be able to use the default camera so any suggestion/fix will be appreciated.

Where do I search for the Lumia-Camera-2015.626.1041.2739? It is in the Store or on the web? The Lumia camera I found in the Store doesn't launch.

Oguz Kartal

Apr 6, 2017
Visit site
Yes. A few days ago it happen to me also. Camera app just saves low-res photo which is thumb appended filename. As I can see this issue experienced by a lot of people. Idk. :/

Marlon Bu

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site

I have the same problem with my Lumia 1020 (with Win 10). The saving bug / camera crash doesn't happen when the phone is in Airplane mode.

Pynchmail

Sep 24, 2016
Visit site
This is interesting. I will try out using the Airplane mode. In the meantime, you can also try 1Shot, a great replacement for Windows Camera. This one does video as well.

Henry Linc

Mar 30, 2017
Visit site
There was one time where I enabled the HDR, and when I start taking picture it immediately shows Saving... I'm using Lumia 950, this does happen a few times, but hate it when it happen on an important event. Also sometimes the phone got too much heat and end up showing the message that I must wait for the phone to get cool down.

So much lack in quality and performance of this phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos