09-19-2017 06:50 PM
54 123
tools
    ill also need to make the move to Bank of America as they are used to Windows Mobile and have not liked Android for some time.
    That's what like happen to us in my family... So, i will explore BoA and probably start the transition to them in a few weeks. In fact, after all the recently disclosed WF scandals, my wife and I only stayed with them for a while until we found a good alternative. WF have now made it easier...not that banking is full of saints anyway :)

I still blame Microsoft. I am so mad at them that I just ordered the Linux version of a favorite program to start evaluating it. If it works as expected, I'll just build a new PC for multimedia/HTPC duty. So, no need for more W10 licenses. I already have 7, they can live without my 8th, or 9th (cancelled Surface Pro). Dell got the short stick but I can buy something else from them later.
    08-25-2017 07:57 PM
    Windows phone has no apps, just bookmark tiles.
    Except for the fact that it has apps. But why bother with the truth?
    08-25-2017 08:09 PM
    Except for the fact that it has apps. But why bother with the truth?
    You are being literal to make a point, but the point is lost. Apps of value are dropping still. MS needs to get off their *** and say what their plan is for the App Store in relation to mobile otherwise the PC side will die as well. It can't be sustained by centennial apps.
    08-25-2017 11:44 PM
    no worry forks, go search for "the end of apps" or "progressive web apps"...
    most companies now started to make progressive web apps that can fit any platform, the cheaper and easier way to reach to their customers.
    The end of the apps will come pretty soon enough, and google noticed about it. But for apple might have some fear to it...for MS I think they will be more than happy...
    08-26-2017 03:04 AM
    Windows phone has no apps, just bookmark tiles. This just pushes me to get the Nokia 8 and switch to android. Whatever this arm or uwp, they need to push it quick, the OS is dying to a slippery slope.
    Frankly speaking android apps doesn't do any better than the mobile website...
    i'm using quite a number of website that actually has an apps but the apps just load slower and lack of feature that web pages has.
    08-26-2017 03:10 AM
    Just pin the web/mobile site to your start screen. My local, small bank, has an Android and iPhone app, but not one for our Windows phones. I have an old Galaxy S5 that I keep up to date, to see what i'm missing. The Android app for my bank is terrible. Even on my S5 phone, it's better for me to pin the web page/mobile site to the start screen, than to use the cheapie app. Same with my local transit company. There are over 12 transit apps for my city; most are bloated with so many add-on and extra garbage. Even on my S5, I pin the transit web/mobile page to the start screen; it's sleeker, doesn't have any adds and other garbage, and does exactly what I want it to.
    you are right, I'm using android phone...but most of the time I rather use webpage then the apps.
    Apps tend to load slower, and lack of features...I really not sure why.
    And I found many of the website is actually mobile optimized it's quite the same experience of an apps, and it load absolutely faster.
    08-26-2017 03:14 AM
    you are right, I'm using android phone...but most of the time I rather use webpage then the apps.
    And I found many of the website is actually mobile optimized it's quite the same experience of an apps, and it load absolutely faster.
    Provide some examples to such apps and webpages
    08-26-2017 03:37 AM
    no worry forks, go search for "the end of apps" or "progressive web apps"...
    most companies now started to make progressive web apps that can fit any platform, the cheaper and easier way to reach to their customers.
    The end of the apps will come pretty soon enough, and google noticed about it. But for apple might have some fear to it...for MS I think they will be more than happy...
    Most companies?
    I doubt apps will go away any time soon.
    08-26-2017 06:34 AM
    I'm not sure what apps or websites you're using, but my experience is the opposite.
    eshropshire and Elky64 like this.
    08-26-2017 06:35 AM
    most companies now started to make progressive web apps that can fit any platform, the cheaper and easier way to reach to their customers....
    I've been thinking same. With html 5 and responsive design, one can do much with web sites, or even sites inside a container or wrapper to allow some functionality not available in the browser.

We've been moving towards that after I convinced management that developing apps - even using Xamarin - is too burdensome.
    08-26-2017 11:45 AM
    I've been thinking same. With html 5 and responsive design, one can do much with web sites, or even sites inside a container or wrapper to allow some functionality not available in the browser.

We've been moving towards that after I convinced management that developing apps - even using Xamarin - is too burdensome.
    You can never compare a webpage to an app!!! If they agree to it means they are as lazy
    08-26-2017 12:21 PM
    You can never compare a webpage to an app!!! If they agree to it means they are as lazy
    Not full replacement but within a wrapper I've seen some cool tricks.

Sent from mTalk on my 950xl
    08-27-2017 01:14 AM
    Use the WebApp and put the login Page on your StartPage
    08-27-2017 02:52 AM
    Totally opposite of my experience too and I use multiple Android's as well. On the Windows Mobile side, accessing websites becomes utterly painful in many instances w/apps easing those pains substantially, regrettably though the "app drawer" keeps dwindling on the platform.
    08-27-2017 06:48 PM
    Totally opposite of my experience too and I use multiple Android's as well. On the Windows Mobile side, accessing websites becomes utterly painful in many instances w/apps easing those pains substantially, regrettably though the "app drawer" keeps dwindling on the platform.
    We've been hearing for years that websites were going to replace apps. Hasn't happened yet and it won't happen any time soon.
    08-27-2017 06:58 PM
    Technically bank of America never left. They got rid of their windows 8.1 app and made windows 10 universal app
    08-27-2017 08:10 PM
    Well their app stopped working for my wife and I. Can't login or when we can we can't tap on our accounts. Already deleted and reinstalled, worked the first time after fast ring update on Friday, but not since.
    08-27-2017 11:00 PM
    We've been hearing for years that websites were going to replace apps. Hasn't happened yet and it won't happen any time soon.
    There's an ancient Chinese proverb that says never p*** into a fan.

Sent from my Acer Liquid Jade Primo on mTalk
    08-28-2017 07:28 AM
    I suggest you better switch. There's no worth investing in Windows 10 mobile no matter what WP fans says.
    08-28-2017 12:47 PM
    There's an ancient Chinese proverb that says never p*** into a fan.

lol. I'll make sure I never try that!
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    08-28-2017 01:55 PM
    I suggest you better switch. There's no worth investing in Windows 10 mobile no matter what WP fans says.
    Investing implies a return at some point. I've yet to see any phone, computer or tablet appreciate. Ever.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know gadgets aren't an investment.

libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    08-28-2017 02:39 PM
    Investing implies a return at some point. I've yet to see any phone, computer or tablet appreciate. Ever.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know gadgets aren't an investment.

I believe it's an informal definition of the word.
    08-28-2017 05:04 PM
    I believe it's an informal definition of the word.
    Or another word being used too loosely. You hear people say they've "invested too much" in an ecosystem to switch to something else. To me, an investment is if it's something to increase your productivity at work thereby allowing you to make more money or earn some kind of incentive. Investing in an ad-free version of Facebook for example, is for a more gratifying experience.

Investing in a solid home automation system is definitely well worth it and if Windows doesn't have it, then it's foolish to forsake Android or iOS for it. There are many folks who refuse to let go of their current ecosystem based on one solitary app - Windows included.

Just because the Windows Store is as barren as the Sahara doesn't mean there's that one app you can't do without. There's a dev that goes by the name Enigma that has Looney Tunes and Tom & Jerry collection that's nowhere to be found on the App Store or Play Store. Sounds frivolous but when you have an agitated autistic child pitching the mother of all Rain Man fits, trust me, Bugs Bunny to the rescue.

Sent from my HP Elite x3 on mTalk
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    08-28-2017 08:35 PM
    excuses excuses excuses. been there, done that.
    08-30-2017 03:58 AM
    I'm so thrilled for you I can't contain myself. Nothing can ever beat having been there and done that.

Player Piano and Guytronic like this.
    08-30-2017 01:12 PM
54 123