I am fed up! Banks leaving Win Phone...Wells Fargo, this time

eshropshire

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
My guess would be that most desktop users like myself would be using a browser. Besides mobile deposit, what can a banking app offer that can't be done on a desktop-class browser? Also, most desktop computers and many laptops have only front facing cameras for videoconferencing and such. How would you take a picture of your check?

Sent from my HP Elite x3 on mTalk

Actually my bank USAA has supported mobile deposit from their website since at least 2006. I can scan checks and they get automatically deposited in my account. I have immediate access to at least $5,000 of the deposit. I have been able to do phone deposits from their app since at least 2008.

Mobile access is critical to me, my bank has no branch offices.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Actually my bank USAA has supported mobile deposit from their website since at least 2006. I can scan checks and they get automatically deposited in my account. I have immediate access to at least $5,000 of the deposit. I have been able to do phone deposits from their app since at least 2008.

Mobile access is critical to me, my bank has no branch offices.

Yours is a unique situation, no doubt.

redmisfitx

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I switched from Chase to Bank of America when they discontinued their Mobile App. My Parents use Windows Mobile and Wells Fargo. I guess they will also need to make the move to Bank of America as they are used to Windows Mobile and have not liked Android for some time.

Ektalog

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
ill also need to make the move to Bank of America as they are used to Windows Mobile and have not liked Android for some time.

That's what like happen to us in my family... So, i will explore BoA and probably start the transition to them in a few weeks. In fact, after all the recently disclosed WF scandals, my wife and I only stayed with them for a while until we found a good alternative. WF have now made it easier...not that banking is full of saints anyway :)

I still blame Microsoft. I am so mad at them that I just ordered the Linux version of a favorite program to start evaluating it. If it works as expected, I'll just build a new PC for multimedia/HTPC duty. So, no need for more W10 licenses. I already have 7, they can live without my 8th, or 9th (cancelled Surface Pro). Dell got the short stick but I can buy something else from them later.

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Except for the fact that it has apps. But why bother with the truth?

You are being literal to make a point, but the point is lost. Apps of value are dropping still. MS needs to get off their *** and say what their plan is for the App Store in relation to mobile otherwise the PC side will die as well. It can't be sustained by centennial apps.

vacancy job

Aug 15, 2017
Visit site
no worry forks, go search for "the end of apps" or "progressive web apps"...
most companies now started to make progressive web apps that can fit any platform, the cheaper and easier way to reach to their customers.
The end of the apps will come pretty soon enough, and google noticed about it. But for apple might have some fear to it...for MS I think they will be more than happy...

vacancy job

Aug 15, 2017
Visit site
Windows phone has no apps, just bookmark tiles. This just pushes me to get the Nokia 8 and switch to android. Whatever this arm or uwp, they need to push it quick, the OS is dying to a slippery slope.

Frankly speaking android apps doesn't do any better than the mobile website...
i'm using quite a number of website that actually has an apps but the apps just load slower and lack of feature that web pages has.

vacancy job

Aug 15, 2017
Visit site
Just pin the web/mobile site to your start screen. My local, small bank, has an Android and iPhone app, but not one for our Windows phones. I have an old Galaxy S5 that I keep up to date, to see what i'm missing. The Android app for my bank is terrible. Even on my S5 phone, it's better for me to pin the web page/mobile site to the start screen, than to use the cheapie app. Same with my local transit company. There are over 12 transit apps for my city; most are bloated with so many add-on and extra garbage. Even on my S5, I pin the transit web/mobile page to the start screen; it's sleeker, doesn't have any adds and other garbage, and does exactly what I want it to.

you are right, I'm using android phone...but most of the time I rather use webpage then the apps.
Apps tend to load slower, and lack of features...I really not sure why.
And I found many of the website is actually mobile optimized it's quite the same experience of an apps, and it load absolutely faster.

nasznjoka

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
you are right, I'm using android phone...but most of the time I rather use webpage then the apps.
And I found many of the website is actually mobile optimized it's quite the same experience of an apps, and it load absolutely faster.

Provide some examples to such apps and webpages

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
no worry forks, go search for "the end of apps" or "progressive web apps"...
most companies now started to make progressive web apps that can fit any platform, the cheaper and easier way to reach to their customers.
The end of the apps will come pretty soon enough, and google noticed about it. But for apple might have some fear to it...for MS I think they will be more than happy...

Most companies?
I doubt apps will go away any time soon.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site

I'm not sure what apps or websites you're using, but my experience is the opposite.

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
most companies now started to make progressive web apps that can fit any platform, the cheaper and easier way to reach to their customers....
I've been thinking same. With html 5 and responsive design, one can do much with web sites, or even sites inside a container or wrapper to allow some functionality not available in the browser.

We've been moving towards that after I convinced management that developing apps - even using Xamarin - is too burdensome.

nasznjoka

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
I've been thinking same. With html 5 and responsive design, one can do much with web sites, or even sites inside a container or wrapper to allow some functionality not available in the browser.

We've been moving towards that after I convinced management that developing apps - even using Xamarin - is too burdensome.

You can never compare a webpage to an app!!! If they agree to it means they are as lazy

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site

Totally opposite of my experience too and I use multiple Android's as well. On the Windows Mobile side, accessing websites becomes utterly painful in many instances w/apps easing those pains substantially, regrettably though the "app drawer" keeps dwindling on the platform.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Totally opposite of my experience too and I use multiple Android's as well. On the Windows Mobile side, accessing websites becomes utterly painful in many instances w/apps easing those pains substantially, regrettably though the "app drawer" keeps dwindling on the platform.

We've been hearing for years that websites were going to replace apps. Hasn't happened yet and it won't happen any time soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077