Live

Black Friday deal team is live right now!

Check out the hottest Black Friday Deals!

Expand Minimize
09-12-2017 07:03 PM
90 ... 234
tools
    Windows UI is strictly for adults that don't need funky little adolescent icons.
    Yup, Windows Phone definitely needs more live tiles more than real innovations. Live tiles, killer feature 👍.
    TgeekB and Sargon Aelther like this.
    09-10-2017 01:19 AM
    Yup, Windows Phone definitely needs more live tiles more than real innovations. Live tiles, killer feature .
    Yup, forget apps, it's all about live tiles.
    Sargon Aelther and techiez like this.
    09-10-2017 07:38 AM
    Its an app problem...in many ways Win 10 is better than Android.
    I think poor stability is a pain point as well. Too many times, the w10 phone stops working as expected, and needs to be rebooted. A casual user can not accept this. Problems occur on both my x3 and 950xl, with the latest on the fast ring. It was the same with the production releases, before i decided to enable rhe developemnt builds. Ether the releases are not beeing tested, or the issues are not understood, so cannot be fixed.

By contrast, my 3 year old Galaxy note works flawlessly.
    Last edited by pierre laroche; 09-10-2017 at 03:50 PM.
    09-10-2017 11:59 AM
    They're going to keep trying as much as they want it's their brand, money, time and effort
    09-10-2017 12:23 PM
    I think poor stability is a pain point as well. Too many times, the w10 phone stops working as expected, and needs to be rebooted.
    Dunno how many times I left feedback on that issue.
    09-10-2017 06:09 PM
    Too many times, the w10 phone stops working as expected, and needs to be rebooted

By contrast, my 3 year old Galaxy note works flawlessly.
    My 950XL manages to reboot on its own... every two days in fact. Such amazing error self-recovery! Wow. So yes they're unfit for purpose even without the app issue. 650s were meant to be for the enterprise but they're incredibly unreliable.
    09-10-2017 07:31 PM
    My 950XL manages to reboot on its own... every two days...
    ouch! My 950xl was last rebooted about five days ago. Thought I don't use it much on the weekend.

Sent from mTalk on my 950xl
    09-10-2017 11:24 PM
    Yup, forget apps, it's all about live tiles.
    I guess MS didn't get the memo, they stopped caring about live tiles, most of MS apps dont have transparent tiles, and give no useful info.
    09-11-2017 02:15 AM
    I guess MS didn't get the memo, they stopped caring about live tiles, most of MS apps dont have transparent tiles, and give no useful info.
    If you want transparent tiles, get and Android, get Square Home 2 and Whicons icon pack. No need to beg Microsoft to do a 2 minute job that'll take them 6 months.
    09-11-2017 01:51 PM
    If you want transparent tiles, get and Android, get Square Home 2 and Whicons icon pack. No need to beg Microsoft to do a 2 minute job that'll take them 6 months.
    My problem with Android is MS apps experience is not best on it, especially outlook. I dont care about live tiles, I'm ok with current android interface with a funky icon pack.

But yes soon I'll make a switch may be to iPhone SE(2) or an Android
    Guytronic and mark233 like this.
    09-12-2017 01:15 AM
    I'm ok with current android interface with a funky icon pack.
    Nova and a well done icon pack on Android is a must for me.
    Not a huge fan of live tiles or complex widgets on Android either.
    techiez, mark233 and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-12-2017 02:04 AM
    My problem with Android is MS apps experience is not best on it, especially outlook.
    Most apps are fine on Droid, including Outlook IMO. Groove is probably the worst. Does not read any local music, stream via service or OneDrive only. All downloaded songs are encrypted and you cannot even set it to cache to SD card.

Gonna have to find a different music player for Android and PC that syncs playlists of local music files.
    09-12-2017 04:55 PM
    ^ I have to disagree because every program built for Windows 10 works for Windows 7 as well. Except the UWP apps, but that's no big deal to most of people. Even majority of Windows 10 users don't use them.

Sent from mTalk on Windows phone
    09-12-2017 05:28 PM
    ^ I have to disagree because every program built for Windows 10 works for Windows 7 as well. Except the UWP apps, but that's no big deal to most of people. Even majority of Windows 10 users don't use them.
    Huh? What do Win32 Desktop programs have to do with anything? We're talking phones here.
    09-12-2017 05:35 PM
    There has been some mistake on my behalf. :) I was replying to almost who said how the official support doesn't matter so much, and gave the example of Windows 7 which is still rocking. Either that's an old post, or some bug with mTalk. I'd say it's the first one...

Yup, it's this one. :) Sorry. :)
    It's not dead until the support lifecycle ends. This could be as long as 2019:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ter=FilterNO#;

Microsoft will continue to provide security updates until these dates.

I wouldn't expect new features... so it is dead in the way Windows 7 is dead. Still usable and serviced, just no longer being significantly advanced.
    Sent from mTalk on Windows phone
    09-12-2017 07:03 PM
90 ... 234