My Windows 10 Nokia Lumia 650 has failed , screen digitizer is US , repairer (Tesco UK) say they can fix the screen no problem but the data will be lost as they "Flash?" the phone when repairing, all my contacts are safe as they are on Outlook , however all images are on the phone and not on a memory card and I`d like to download them ( family holiday etc) .
    As I cant operate the keypad I cant transfer them in the normal way , any ideas or know of software that will get them?
    Cheers
    09-08-2017 07:43 AM
    My Windows 10 Nokia Lumia 650 has failed , screen digitizer is US , repairer (Tesco UK) say they can fix the screen no problem but the data will be lost as they "Flash?" the phone when repairing, all my contacts are safe as they are on Outlook , however all images are on the phone and not on a memory card and I`d like to download them ( family holiday etc) .
    As I cant operate the keypad I cant transfer them in the normal way , any ideas or know of software that will get them?
    Cheers
    Did you ever set up OneDrive? If so, there's a chance that your photos might be there.
    09-08-2017 10:50 AM
    Plugging the phone into the computer doesn't work? That would be the most obvious but I don't remember if it lets you do that without interaction on the phone.

If just the touchscreen doesn't work, you could use a USB keyboard/mouse. Plug it in and you'd get a cursor on-screen, just like on PC. Bluetooth wouldn't work since that requires additional setup.

Also, the repair should not require reflashing the phone... a simple screen swap is pretty straightforward, I would assume that the new screen would already have the digitizer pre-flashed with its firmware. The phone itself should be unaffected. That being said, backing up your data is always a good idea just in case.
    09-09-2017 07:48 PM
    Plugging the phone into the computer doesn't work? That would be the most obvious but I don't remember if it lets you do that without interaction on the phone.
    Normally, the phone requires that you confirm at least something on the device screen before even the usb data connection will be activated. And it is very hard to do that if the (touch)screen is not working at all.
    libra89 likes this.
    09-09-2017 11:15 PM
    Yeah, that's what I wasn't sure about. I think it's a configurable option.
    USB mouse should be detected automatically so that's probly the best way to allow the USB data connection. Would probly need a hub if transferring over USB, although you could always email/upload the photos too.
    09-10-2017 12:55 PM