Is Microsoft going to concentrate on mobile business again or should we switch iOs?

Karan Madhavi

Jul 30, 2017
Visit site
I was a great fan of Windows mobile phone but somewhere I have lost the interest and planning to buy apple phone because I don't see any future of Windows mobile phone.
Their app store doesn't have enough apps.
Apps which are currently available, doesn't not compete with Android or iOs platform. Windows store apps are outdated.
Rumours about Surface phone are still rumours and I don't see any future about Windows mobile.
I am still using windows phone and going to give up.
I am highly thinking for iphone7/8 and will take decision after 12 Sept 2017.is Microsoft going to jump back to phone business or have lost the interest.

Aviad Kohn

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I am after a week with OnePlus 5 after 5 years with WP, 920,1520,950 xl and 550.
I'm very happy and satisfied. I installed all Microsoft apps and services did not even import my contacts to Google.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I think that Microsoft will concentrate on mobile services primarily like they are doing now. As for an actual mobile device, I see it as a side project at the most.

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I was a great fan of Windows mobile phone but somewhere I have lost the interest and planning to buy apple phone because I don't see any future of Windows mobile phone.
Their app store doesn't have enough apps.
Apps which are currently available, doesn't not compete with Android or iOs platform. Windows store apps are outdated.
Rumours about Surface phone are still rumours and I don't see any future about Windows mobile.
I am still using windows phone and going to give up.
I am highly thinking for iphone7/8 and will take decision after 12 Sept 2017.is Microsoft going to jump back to phone business or have lost the interest.

They now dont even bother to develop apps for their own OS, so yes that tells they are not interested anymore.

https://mspoweruser.com/outlook-is-getting-add-ins-on-ios-and-android/

Rahul cholate

Mar 28, 2017
Visit site
They are gonna continue their efforts for mobile devices, but they entered the mobile market a bit late. This is costing them and us alot. Microsoft has a future in mobile devices, i guess it's gonna take some time. Enjoy using the other platforms of your choice with sadly faced, and wait for the next generation devices to be launched by Microsoft, and grab them whole heartedly. I am not gonna give up my Lumia device!!!!!

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
They are gonna continue their efforts for mobile devices, but they entered the mobile market a bit late. This is costing them and us alot. Microsoft has a future in mobile devices, i guess it's gonna take some time. Enjoy using the other platforms of your choice with sadly faced, and wait for the next generation devices to be launched by Microsoft, and grab them whole heartedly. I am not gonna give up my Lumia device!!!!!

I'd like to see some proof of this. They are no longer making smartphones and all they talk about is "a mobile device that's not really a phone but can make calls". I don't think that's continuing their efforts in what most people consider and want in a smartphone.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Agree with TgeekB. Annnnnnnd, I hate to be that guy, but if they want to take on the consumer market with this new, non-phone mobile device, they're gonna have to figure out a way to get developers on board. In today's market, apps are king.

LuxuryTouringZone

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
If I must be very honest, buy the iPhone 8. The way Microsoft has been not giving the slightest regards about future devices is beyond pathetic. New York City cops stopped using Windows Phones last month, and before Microsoft announces plans to make new devices, they just sit, eat cheese and do nothing. Sad. 😒

pierre laroche

Sep 2, 2017
Visit site
I don't think MSFT entered the market late. In fact they were leading the curve, if anything. I remember using a windows 3.1 tablet way way back, and windows mobile. The main problem, i always felt, has to do with usability by non computer geeks. It is not there, even today with windows 10. I think winrt and win mobile 7 were the way to make inroad in that market segment. MSFT should have put non teckies in charge, and should have been more stubborn with these platforms. The current win10 single OS idea is wonderful, but the execution much less so.

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Windows on mobile is dead. A mobile Windows experience, if it ever sees the light of day, will not be in smartphone format. It'll likely be in tablet and computer stick format maybe.

But moving to iOS is a terrible mistake as well. iOS has to be the worst, most incapable OS on Earth. Unless, of course, you enjoyed the Windows Phone 7 experience. If you didn't and you preferred WP8 or WP10, move to Android.

DOGC_Kyle

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Why would they make a mobile OS, when they already have a ubiquitous OS that they can just port to 6-inch devices?

Windows computers can already do everything a smartphone can, and more. The only reason that smartphones exist is because current Windows computers can't elegantly fit in your pocket.

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
But moving to iOS is a terrible mistake as well. iOS has to be the worst, most incapable OS on Earth. Unless, of course, you enjoyed the Windows Phone 7 experience. If you didn't and you preferred WP8 or WP10, move to Android.

I used to be that guy. "Oh iOS is terrible ". It's a great experience and something Microsoft could use and learn from. Maybe it's just me. I still love Windows mobile but it's dead.

Timbre70

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
It's terribly good.😁
For most consumers, what matters is it works out of the box without constant reboots, resets, hard resets...
Will be moving to ios next year after my current stink with android.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I used to be that guy. "Oh iOS is terrible ". It's a great experience and something Microsoft could use and learn from. Maybe it's just me. I still love Windows mobile but it's dead.

Agree. While I'm still watching and interested in what MS might do, I've moved full bore to Apple and life has become much easier and efficient. People can hate all they want, but that doesn't make it terrible.

Last edited:

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I think Microsoft needs to focus on two areas strongly. App consistency and design aesthetics. I'm starting to feel like the flat dark design is a rather emotional drain. Same with the light version. It just doesn't pop

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
For all intent and purposes Windows Mobile is done going by my standards.

And for those looking to switch, pick your poison Android or IOS. You won't go wrong with either if you give it a far chance.

Last edited:

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site

Same here. I disliked the Iphone especially until they put in a lower case able keyboard. Still lame with the icons but at least there's force touch and a very stable experience.

Only wish it had Miracast support and a driving mode. (I despise Apple Car Play.)

For the most part the MS apps on Ios are better than on WM10. Notable exception being Groove.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99