why can't I take pictures

nick popplewell1

Sep 13, 2017
Visit site
I have a 950XL and I recently changed the digitizer in it but I'm having trouble with the camera,inside it doesn't really show an image unless you point it at a light and still pretty much nothing,and when outside it shows a little bit more but has a greenish hue to it,but that's on video recording only,it will not take pics but will record video,this is the second one that's done this,the first time I thought maybe it was just a camera issue but now I'm not so sure,and when I turn the flashlight on the phone restarts itself,also when I attempt to capture a image I get error code 0xA00F427E(0xE8010001),does anyone have any idea what is going on?i

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
That definitely sounds like a hardware issue. Or a very serious firmware issue. Are you running the latest production update, and have you installed all firmware updates? Does the camera housing look weird to you at all? Is there any clicking or rattling when you shake the phone?

nick popplewell1

Sep 13, 2017
Visit site
That definitely sounds like a hardware issue. Or a very serious firmware issue. Are you running the latest production update, and have you installed all firmware updates? Does the camera housing look weird to you at all? Is there any clicking or rattling when you shake the phone?

Im thinking it just needs updating but it's up to date,and everything looked good inside,and no rattling noise,but this is the second time on two different phones,same kind just different ya know,thanks for trying though

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
I might try flashing your phone through WDRT and seeing if this rectifies your issues. If it doesn't, I definitely say it's a hardware issue. It's possible that you nudged something accidentally when fixing your phone.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
How long would that take,any idea?

From start to finish? About fifteen minutes to reset your phone, and then maybe another 45 minutes or less depending on your network speed to install updates and firmware. Then obviously you'll have to set up your phone unless you restore it from back up. I'd say allocate at least an hour and a half for the whole process.

nick popplewell1

Sep 13, 2017
Visit site
From start to finish? About fifteen minutes to reset your phone, and then maybe another 45 minutes or less depending on your network speed to install updates and firmware. Then obviously you'll have to set up your phone unless you restore it from back up. I'd say allocate at least an hour and a half for the whole process.
I might have it traded so idk,probably a goner

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte