09-20-2017 05:41 PM
45 12
tools
    I use Microsoft To-Do daily, to keep track of my growing lists of things I need to-do. It's also nice to approximately add numbers and time periods from my projects to my Timesheet apps.

It's basic and I only us it for basic things. Otherwise, I use OneNote for all other features.
    09-19-2017 02:28 PM
    Same for me, I still use Wunderlist as list sharing: it's a must have for me...
    09-19-2017 03:18 PM
    I started using it when it first came to Store. But I have not really put it to full use as it does not show up in my Calendar.
    Agreed...Wunderlist showed up on Google and Outlook Calendars.
    09-19-2017 04:21 PM
    I love it. Have been using it from the beginning and have seen it slowly evolve, and hopefully continue to do so. Use it on three WM, 1 Android mobile, two PCs. The simplicity is one of the great things about it, but yes, I agree with others here that it could use Cortana integration, One note etc. However, it's my go to to-do!!!
    09-19-2017 04:41 PM
    Why not just put it all in OneNote? Meanwhile the onenote app doesnt even have a feature to set reminders if you are on mobile, and even the desktop version requires outlook for that! it is completely moronic
    09-19-2017 04:49 PM
    Lack of sub tasks and lack of list sharing make it unusable for me, I will stick with Wunderlist and Trello for the moment. I ditched Keep because of Google's intransigence with UWP Apps.
    09-19-2017 07:43 PM
    I switched from Wunderlist to TODO, but I really need to be able to share the list with my girlfriend. I can share my Microsoft calendar with her, but I need TODO!
    09-19-2017 08:17 PM
    If you haven't tried it yet, check out the to-do list maker/tracker "Microsoft To-Do."

It's a UWP that and has a pretty much seamless interaction between PC and Mobile. It also looks beautiful. It could definitely use some more features and Cortana integration. But I find it very useful!

Check it out!

http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=DmMwLgXd
    They need to integrate this to outlook.
    09-20-2017 12:06 AM
    Why not just put it all in OneNote? Meanwhile the onenote app doesnt even have a feature to set reminders if you are on mobile, and even the desktop version requires outlook for that! it is completely moronic
    Simplicity. It's easier to manage tasks in a task app that has more features oriented toward that purpose. The task app focuses on doing one thing and doing it well rather than doing a bunch of different things but not really doing a single one of them very well. OneNote is a great application for taking notes and stuff but it doesn't handle adding tasks, organizing them into lists and checking them off as well as some of the task applications out there.
    09-20-2017 12:45 AM
    I've been using To-Do for over a year because I was a Project Cheshire Insider, which was its pre-release name. Before that I used Wunderlist. There were features of Wunderlist, that I used a lot, that didn't make it to To-Do, like subfolders. There are aspects of To-Do that are even better than anything in Wunderlist, like it's easy integration with Outlook. I had tried countless tasks apps that would integrate Outlook tasks smoothly with my Surface Pro, Windows phone and Outlook.com. Nothing worked until To-Do. So what do I think of To-Do? I love it! A few more tweaks would be wonderful...more colors, subfolders etc...but it's just great as it is.
    Rahsna Asurac likes this.
    09-20-2017 01:24 AM
    I still use wunderlist and will continue to do so until ToDo offers something useful.
    Seriously, making a simple ToDo app is something you can watch people doing in every programming language in under 60 minutes.

But I have hope, my guess is that they want to integrate the backend into the office graph (?) to link all the tasks from their various products.

Currently you have task items in mail, ToDo, Cortana, outlook and outlook.com, Arrow, projects, teams (not sure but probably), onenote and who knows where else.

Call me again when I can check a task I created in OneNote and the state is synced between ToDo and OneNote.
    (Why haven't they called the app OneList? ToDo is so uninspired!)
    salazka likes this.
    09-20-2017 01:46 AM
    Since it integrates with Outlook Tasks I keep it as a fallback for when I'm not on my PC, but I miss the Categories.
    09-20-2017 07:44 AM
    i do but it needs the ability to add sub tasks to tasks. it also needs list sharing and the abikity to add attachments. in summary it needs more of wunderlists features
    09-20-2017 08:29 AM
    Has anyone messed with sharing their task list through Outlook with other people and seeing if they can use that as a workaround to not having sharing yet?

I understand why they're moving away from Wunderlist (i believe ToDo has the same development team, so its not that they're dropping Wunderlist per say). Really, this is Wunderlist v2 and its built off of Outlook Tasks instead of its own database. So while many people are complaining its a standalone app and not integrated, its actually quite integrated. Though this does introduce headaches such as the lack of sub-tasks. Since Outlook Tasks doesn't support sub-tasks, there's no clean way for ToDo to do so without implementing some sort of hack (like markup code within a task, etc.).

Cortana integration is definitely in the works and if you join the google+ page for the android beta, they keep you up to date with what they're working on and stuff. Granted, its for the android app, but the android/ios/windows/web apps have been fairly consistent with each other.

I think it has a lot of promise, but there are definitely big features missing and also could use a little shine too (small things that make a big difference in how it feels). So, only time will tell.
    09-20-2017 08:38 AM
    TLDR: To-Do is not good enough to even consider.

Although it felt fresh and i have tried it, I do not use it.
    Wunderlist is light years ahead.

To-Do only offers a tiny fraction of Wunderlist functionality and instead of a replacement, it is more like an impostor. It even apes the Berlin skyline background as if someone just wanted to antagonize Wunderlist's legacy and European pedigree.

It's great for shopping and soccer moms but there is not much more use in a real world digital production scenario.

On top of that, it seems like something someone made with no future feature plan at all. Like a garage project. It doesn't fit anywhere in the O365 family either.
    paschott likes this.
    09-20-2017 11:31 AM
    Agreed...Wunderlist showed up on Google and Outlook Calendars.
    Actually when To-Do first came out there was some talk of Wunderlist being shut down so I migrated my lists etc over to To-Do to avoid losing them.
    09-20-2017 11:48 AM
    TLDR: To-Do is not good enough to even consider.

Although it felt fresh and i have tried it, I do not use it.
    Wunderlist is light years ahead.

To-Do only offers a tiny fraction of Wunderlist functionality and instead of a replacement, it is more like an impostor. It even apes the Berlin skyline background as if someone just wanted to antagonize Wunderlist's legacy and European pedigree.

It's great for shopping and soccer moms but there is not much more use in a real world digital production scenario.

On top of that, it seems like something someone made with no future feature plan at all. Like a garage project. It doesn't fit anywhere in the O365 family either.
    Its the same team that made Wunderlist. Plus, as I stated, if you join the Google+ page, they may not make it 100% clear what it is, but its clear they have objectives and roadmaps, as when people ask for certain features, they're told where it is on their list, either something they hadn't thought of, something they considered and decided against, something that is still under consideration for future implementation, or something that's currently being worked on.

It's fit into O365 is more integrated than Wunderlist, at least in the background. ToDo is literally tied to your Outlook Tasks list. You could create a task in outlook and it'll appear in ToDo. ToDo is really just a client for O365 Tasks at this point. They're working on it, but its come a looooooong way from Project Cheshire. It was great seeing them add things with each new beta. I had gotten a little overexcited when the Cortana logo appeared in the top right instead of the lightbulb, but last I checked, thats as far as Cortana's gotten so far.

It has a better foundation for integration than Wunderlist did. Wunderlist was a separate project that was being wedged into Office. ToDo is literally being built out of and on top of Office. In essence, its not just integrated, its actually a *part* of Office.

No one is arguing that it's not on par with Wunderlist. I don't think anyone has ever tried to make that argument. The development is still very early on and the developers are very responsive and active. I couldn't disagree with you more on the development approach.
    09-20-2017 12:09 PM
    Dropped Todoist Premium, To-Do does what suits me, syncs between my two Surface notebooks and my 950XL.

I would like to attach notes, and with tick boxes.
    09-20-2017 12:32 PM
    I use it because it syncs with Outlook tasks, but it has problems. Some monthly calendars don't show the last couple of days. Also, you can't have the app open by default to the To-Do screen, but only to the My Day screen, which I find useless.
    mtf1380 likes this.
    09-20-2017 04:48 PM
    I run both Wunderlist and To Do. Wunderlist has the sharing that is essential for things like the grocery lists and honey do lists at home. To Do works great for lists that are solely for me and has much finer control of repetition for recurring tasks.
    09-20-2017 05:41 PM
45 12