Microsoft To-Do is fantastic

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I started using it when it first came to Store. But I have not really put it to full use as it does not show up in my Calendar.

Hirox K

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
I was using Google Keep on my Nexus, but because bigG don't have a dedicate win10 app, I switched to MS todo (sync fine between my win10 pcs and nexus). Pleasant so far.
My only complain is the widget... it only let you show your "My Day" page.

ryanlrobinson

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I use it and it's a mixed bag for me. A few things I really want it to add:

Offline access: I tried to see what I had to do today once on the bus when I had no mobile data and it couldn't open. That seems ridiculous to me. It should be able to show me what was in the list as of last time it synced.

Multiple accounts: I have several Outlook and Office accounts for different purposes. They each have task list functionality. To-Do only links to one, so I end up with all of the tasks that I put in To-Do on my primary personal account, even if it is for work or something else. Then I go to desktop Outlook where I can view them separately and get confused why a work task is in my personal list. That's annoying.

Sharing lists: Fairly obvious, I think.

Cortana integration: If I ask Cortana to remind me of something, that should show up in To-Do.

Planner integration: For the Office accounts, there should be some optional syncing with Planner (I think this can be done with Flow, but it shouldn't be up to every person to create a sync solution).

Sick Freak

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I've been using the Tasks function within Outlook for years and years (probably all the way back to the Schedule+ days.) The only complaint I have about that is that M$FT doesn't seem to have integrated Cortana with it.

mobilejk

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
I looked at it and it's ok but not feature rich enough for me as I've been using Clever To-Do for over 4 years now and it has all the features I need. :eek:rly:

final_fantasy781

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
I use Microsoft To-Do daily, to keep track of my growing lists of things I need to-do. It's also nice to approximately add numbers and time periods from my projects to my Timesheet apps.

It's basic and I only us it for basic things. Otherwise, I use OneNote for all other features.

Aden Rossinni

Jul 8, 2016
Visit site
I love it. Have been using it from the beginning and have seen it slowly evolve, and hopefully continue to do so. Use it on three WM, 1 Android mobile, two PCs. The simplicity is one of the great things about it, but yes, I agree with others here that it could use Cortana integration, One note etc. However, it's my go to to-do!!!

duquedavid

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Why not just put it all in OneNote? Meanwhile the onenote app doesnt even have a feature to set reminders if you are on mobile, and even the desktop version requires outlook for that! it is completely moronic

Rudeprect

Sep 20, 2017
Visit site
Lack of sub tasks and lack of list sharing make it unusable for me, I will stick with Wunderlist and Trello for the moment. I ditched Keep because of Google's intransigence with UWP Apps.

Mike Semblance

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
I switched from Wunderlist to TODO, but I really need to be able to share the list with my girlfriend. I can share my Microsoft calendar with her, but I need TODO!

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

ThistleTwit

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Why not just put it all in OneNote? Meanwhile the onenote app doesnt even have a feature to set reminders if you are on mobile, and even the desktop version requires outlook for that! it is completely moronic

Simplicity. It's easier to manage tasks in a task app that has more features oriented toward that purpose. The task app focuses on doing one thing and doing it well rather than doing a bunch of different things but not really doing a single one of them very well. OneNote is a great application for taking notes and stuff but it doesn't handle adding tasks, organizing them into lists and checking them off as well as some of the task applications out there.

judithen

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
I've been using To-Do for over a year because I was a Project Cheshire Insider, which was its pre-release name. Before that I used Wunderlist. There were features of Wunderlist, that I used a lot, that didn't make it to To-Do, like subfolders. There are aspects of To-Do that are even better than anything in Wunderlist, like it's easy integration with Outlook. I had tried countless tasks apps that would integrate Outlook tasks smoothly with my Surface Pro, Windows phone and Outlook.com. Nothing worked until To-Do. So what do I think of To-Do? I love it! A few more tweaks would be wonderful...more colors, subfolders etc...but it's just great as it is.

HelloLudger

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
I still use wunderlist and will continue to do so until ToDo offers something useful.
Seriously, making a simple ToDo app is something you can watch people doing in every programming language in under 60 minutes.

But I have hope, my guess is that they want to integrate the backend into the office graph (?) to link all the tasks from their various products.

Currently you have task items in mail, ToDo, Cortana, outlook and outlook.com, Arrow, projects, teams (not sure but probably), onenote and who knows where else.

Call me again when I can check a task I created in OneNote and the state is synced between ToDo and OneNote.
(Why haven't they called the app OneList? ToDo is so uninspired!)

madchadmi

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
i do but it needs the ability to add sub tasks to tasks. it also needs list sharing and the abikity to add attachments. in summary it needs more of wunderlists features

pjhenry1216

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone messed with sharing their task list through Outlook with other people and seeing if they can use that as a workaround to not having sharing yet?

I understand why they're moving away from Wunderlist (i believe ToDo has the same development team, so its not that they're dropping Wunderlist per say). Really, this is Wunderlist v2 and its built off of Outlook Tasks instead of its own database. So while many people are complaining its a standalone app and not integrated, its actually quite integrated. Though this does introduce headaches such as the lack of sub-tasks. Since Outlook Tasks doesn't support sub-tasks, there's no clean way for ToDo to do so without implementing some sort of hack (like markup code within a task, etc.).

Cortana integration is definitely in the works and if you join the google+ page for the android beta, they keep you up to date with what they're working on and stuff. Granted, its for the android app, but the android/ios/windows/web apps have been fairly consistent with each other.

I think it has a lot of promise, but there are definitely big features missing and also could use a little shine too (small things that make a big difference in how it feels). So, only time will tell.

salazka

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
TLDR: To-Do is not good enough to even consider.

Although it felt fresh and i have tried it, I do not use it.
Wunderlist is light years ahead.

To-Do only offers a tiny fraction of Wunderlist functionality and instead of a replacement, it is more like an impostor. :winktongue: It even apes the Berlin skyline background as if someone just wanted to antagonize Wunderlist's legacy and European pedigree.

It's great for shopping and soccer moms but there is not much more use in a real world digital production scenario.

On top of that, it seems like something someone made with no future feature plan at all. Like a garage project. It doesn't fit anywhere in the O365 family either.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss