How to connect to Wi-Fi connection that requires username and password in windows phone?

Riopato

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Under settings, search "Wi-Fi". Make sure your wifi is turned on. Select the ssid you want to connect to. Input your user and password. If the ssid is hidden, there's an option at the bottom of the ssid list for "hidden network"

Jason Angle

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site
Username and Password to connect to the wi-fi or to access the network after connection? If it is a post sign in your browser should redirect on connection.

If it is a work or university network asking for username and password it is probably using WPA2 Enterprise so go to Wi-Fi, add a new network select the security type as WPA2 - Enterprise AES (more than likely EAP-TTLS on method and then the authentication method maybe Challenge Handshake) without checking that network though I am guessing.

The other thing, it might be the Proxy you are looking for, in that case edit the network and you will see the Proxy in different text color. Username and Password there.

Dipesh Shrestha LP

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
still not showing wifi. its easy process in android but on windows phone i dont know how to do it...and it still doesn't showing username and password filling option.

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Odd I've never had an issue. As others stated - is the SSID vialsible?

One thing - do you have the WiFi locked down by MAC or not accepting new connections?

Jason Angle

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site
Okay, so it looks like your network will require an Exchange type connection. Your IT department will have to allow your device and push the settings from RPC is similar.

Jason Angle

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site
Just double checked a couple things, if your WORK/SCHOOL allows you BYOD, go to accounts and add WORK/SCHOOL account. It may import those settings for you automatically.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I have this for my work network. I need to use maas360 on my phone to control the software needed to set this up which is not avail. Anyways, they impose iPhone to everyone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3