Even Bill Gates Doesn’t Use Windows Mobile Anymore

Extremevl

May 31, 2017
Visit site
https://www.neowin.net/news/bill-gates-has-made-the-move-to-android-has-no-love-for-an-iphone

Mr. Gates didn’t move to iOS but that’s totally expected.

It’s sad to see the founder of Microsoft not even using Windows Mobile...that’s definitely a huge blow plus I think it cements the fact that Microsoft isn’t making a new mobile OS but instead is going 100% in on making apps for iOS and Android OS.

I wonder which Android phone he uses...probably a Pixel.

Last edited:

Extremevl

May 31, 2017
Visit site
I think he is using a Samsung phone likely a S8, the "MS edition" with preloaded microsoft apps...

Yeah that makes sense but can't you download those same apps on any phone running Android OS?

To me it seems like he would use the Pixel because of the faster updates plus it would be more similar to a Windows Mobile 10 phone than anything else; specially compared to heavy skinned phones like Samsung.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I don't know why shouldn't he. Android's Play store has every MS app that you can find on WP + more. Only one thing missing is the keyboard, SwiftKey (apparently owned by MS) is still different

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Good for him, but it would be nice to know what he switched from and ultimately why. There's nothing wrong with Android, it's just not Windows 10 Mobile though. Wonder if he got tired of Edge on Windows 10 Mobile? Lol, Edge has to be the only sore thumb to me right now on W10M. Fortunately third party Browsers are popping up, but the OS is not completly ready or tailored for them yet.

Personally I'm not drawn to a Lumia, an Elite X3, or the like due to its hardware. Nor apps or lack of. I use like 4 apps out of the store consistently and I'm good with them. I'm drawn to a Windows device because of the OS platform in itself. I guess im fortunate that im able to get the small details I need satisfied from a couple of the remaining phones running official Windows 10 Mobile. Even if I have to enable or tweak things to get it the way I need or like. Call me nuts but I'll use any working phone running Windows 10 Mobile until either something better comes along from Microsoft or I'm forced to used Android or something else. The iPhone is so expensive now, it's just not worth it it seems anymore. Why have to go into debt for something like an iPhone or any phone for that matter when you can put that money where it's return is more immediate or noticeable. It's a hobby for some of us, smartphones tend to be a hobby for me honestly, and it can get expensive if you're not careful. I don't mind using 3 or 4 year old Windows phones if I have to as long as W10M runs on it. Then I know I'm getting the same functionality as any other Windows device only to be concerned with performance if anything.

jimmy zamalot

Dec 1, 2016
Visit site
I have this OCD thing where I don't like to use apps from another software, I know it's petty, but that's why i use Microsoft.
I feel like the new s8 stole so many things from Microsoft, there continuum wanna be with the dex, iris scanner, always on glance display and probably other things i missed to list

DallasXanadu

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Well, for what it's worth, David Gates (me) still uses Windows phone, and he might be the last human to do so, in the not-so-distant future.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
It certainly doesn’t affect users, it’s just ironic and says a lot about the platform. Now if he had gone iPhone the earth would have shifted a couple of degrees!

It says nothing. John DeLorean never drove Pontiacs, he loved Ferraris. I don’t agree with the notion that the CEO has to use his company’s products. Dr. Luis Miramontes is credited with inventing the birth control pill. I doubt he ever used it.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
It says nothing. John DeLorean never drove Pontiacs, he loved Ferraris. I don’t agree with the notion that the CEO has to use his company’s products. Dr. Luis Miramontes is credited with inventing the birth control pill. I doubt he ever used it.
You always have a way of putting things into perspective.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site

Do you doubt Bill Gates used a Windows phone?
You can massage this any way you want, but it’s certainly not a good thing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)