I'm standing my ground, and sticking with Windows Mobile.

Bill Block

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
The camera in my 950 XL is one of the reasons I am not moving on...it has no peers. My banking app uses the Microsoft Wallet for tap and pay. My company supports it for reading my office email. I have an app for my home automation. The Windows UI is superior to all of the alternatives. I really do not have any reason to move on...I just hope I never break the 950 XL because they do not make them anymore.

androzanigirl

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
I agree tried android and iphone and keep going back to my trusty lumia 620 just love the layout if windows phones have to get round lack of apps by going through browser i wont be defeated lol

werner6769

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
For those "sticking with it" I'd like to know how your web browsing experience is (any WM device). That has been one of my main complaints since the app-gap has broadened.

Like yesterday, fired up my 950 just to browse the web - last used device over a week ago for 9-days as my daily driver - trying to access most sites via Edge or BlueSky was like watching paint dry and it felt as if we were thrown back several years in terms of technology. W10M IMHO has NEVER felt up to speed in this particular area and one reason it fails to fulfill my everyday duties. Can easily replicated same on our 650/830 too, somewhat more understandable considering their specs yet it still should be better, way better especially on our 950.

Compared to my Android's it'd literally day and night so obviously you know what my go-to devices are... Actually have no issues with the "other" side but would like the ability to enjoy our Windows Phones when that urge comes about - have many more problems than just this but browsing the web in itself really cripples the their overall usability/usefulness.

Any opinions, thoughts?

Totally agree. The browser was never very good even when my phone was new and current. It is unusable now. My iphone 4 does better.

CrockettGTO

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Funny as it may be. I am moving back to W10 Mobile. Hopefully permanently (have switched back and forth between all 3 major phone OSes for the last 8 years) I've had Galaxy Notes, Motorola E4, G, X, iPhone 3, 3GS, 4, 4S, 5S, 6, 6S+ 7 & 8+ and after this recent iPhone X announcement I can't do it anymore. Paying over a grand for a phone touted as revolutionary and having 2+ year old "innovations", I just couldn't stomach it any longer. Apple has truly gone from innovating to iterating. After a short stint, I returned my 8+ and bought an Idol 4S unlocked from MS store for 199USD. Beautiful phone, fast, light, sleek etc. but the camera is so lousy, I returned it after 5 days. I do miss the simplicity of the iOS camera, Image processing and camera hardware was really nice too.

Moving back, I've purchased an Elite X3 used from a forum member and am excited to get it this week. I hear a lot of great things about the phone, and the camera is rumored to be much better now than at launch time due to multiple SW updates. I am hoping for the best.

SUCKITUPBUTTERCUP

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
IPhone does better???
(2) 640xl, (1) 1520, (5) 950 works flawlessly!

Just right after a major update,but once I do a fresh clean install (don't use back up) everything works as it should.

Moskigirl

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
Well I don't know if I commented here before but I'll just say (again) that I wish Microsoft held the statu quo with Windows Mobile.
I realize that the fact nobody ever thinks of WM10 allows us to have apps with fewer to no ads and no weird implementations/so-called improvements.

Someone mentioned YouTube being plagued with ads in the Android version and I agree. On WM10 you can have an app like myTube that gives you the same functionalities as Youtube Red.

Same for Messenger for Facebook. The W8 version was very good and didn't lag at all.

The fact that we are being left aside makes us free from all those marketing tweaks they are trying to force on us on Android.

I see it that way.

It's certainly not the best phone OS ever but it does the job and that's all I'm asking from this phone.
For all the fun (and battery drains) I have Android on my tablet, charging 24/7.

SUCKITUPBUTTERCUP

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Well I don't know if I commented here before but I'll just say (again) that I wish Microsoft held the statu quo with Windows Mobile.
I realize that the fact nobody ever thinks of WM10 allows us to have apps with fewer to no ads and no weird implementations/so-called improvements.

Someone mentioned YouTube being plagued with ads in the Android version and I agree. On WM10 you can have an app like myTube that gives you the same functionalities as Youtube Red.

Same for Messenger for Facebook. The W8 version was very good and didn't lag at all.

The fact that we are being left aside makes us free from all those marketing tweaks they are trying to force on us on Android.

I see it that way.

It's certainly not the best phone OS ever but it does the job and that's all I'm asking from this phone.
For all the fun (and battery drains) I have Android on my tablet, charging 24/7.
we're not being left behind...WCOS W10 PERIOD! One OS for all devices. Support until 2019. Then watch OEM'S pushing out W10 PC Phones.

SUCKITUPBUTTERCUP

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Ok, ok, ok, ...nay sayers...Then if what you say is true. WT? was all that about.. What is the point of W10 period? Your telling me that Microsoft is going to revert back to coming out with traditional desktop O.S.'s. REALLY? personally, I think those who think it's all over for phones concerning Microsoft are the ones in a dreamland. They have the business world, desktop, notebook world, yet they come out with W10 ; a hybrid between traditional O.S. and Mobile O.S...?? Come on man! No way they are bowing out. They are in it because there is no logical way they can go back without folding up camp.

SUCKITUPBUTTERCUP

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Nope! Just know that Microsoft didn't create an OS with mobile and desktop built into one just to continue with standard desktop and notebook users. Only a Microsoft hater would think otherwise. Nadella wouldn't say either way but actually said phone wouldn't be what it is today as a standard phone. WCOS also allows OEM's to take one OS and install what features best fits that device. So, OEM's such as HP have already shown the willingness to build W10m phones. So! Why not phones which uses an OS that works all across platforms. So, explain a scenario which doesn't jeopardize Microsoft's long term relevancy in both business and residential. They must stay with both to maintain it

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Nope! Just know that Microsoft didn't create an OS with mobile and desktop built into one just to continue with standard desktop and notebook users. Only a Microsoft hater would think otherwise. Nadella wouldn't say either way but actually said phone wouldn't be what it is today as a standard phone. WCOS also allows OEM's to take one OS and install what features best fits that device. So, OEM's such as HP have already shown the willingness to build W10m phones. So! Why not phones which uses an OS that works all across platforms. So, explain a scenario which doesn't jeopardize Microsoft's long term relevancy in both business and residential. They must stay with both to maintain it
Who are you talking to?

SUCKITUPBUTTERCUP

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Oops! For Fatclue_98 and Guytronic no one else need to reply...(over)

Oh...I need to talk to someone specific . My bad . I thought reading multiple posts and taking in to account what subject matters were being discussed and commenting on or about those subjects or point of views would solicit responses from those with inquiring minds. Might take a while but I'll try to respond to each and every individual post so you know I'm talking to you or not...lol

Last edited:

Dave Sloan

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Agreed don't really need apps. have very little trouble using the website instead. I don't need an app for every website. I do like the live tile elements of the Facebook and Twitter App though.

SUCKITUPBUTTERCUP

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Actually tgeekB...
I doubt there is anyone more hopeful in wanting Microsoft to get to that goal they keep stating over and over again. I believe they have made several short sided mistakes trying to get there quickly. They didn't realize what they were asking of their overall company and it's many tentacles (divisions). I think Nadella has stepped in and realized this. I hope he understands Microsoft needs to shrink into a more centralized corporation. Meaning: If your end goal is to have one OS(WCOS) , then you cannot have several divisions working as their own company with their own stated set of goals. One OS across all platforms including Xbox... He must rein them in and engineering towards the stated goal. I think this is why for now, business, is their focus. WCOS (W10) will in itself supply the much needed features for mobile phones to come. Think about it.. If W10 (WCOS) works on all platforms then everything which is built upon it will negate the need to have a mobile department.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb