08-04-2019 12:02 PM
632 ... 2122232425 ...
tools
    Im still using it. Wish they would fix bugs. Waze stopping to work is annoying and idk what to do now. Its one of the few apps I use.
    12-18-2018 09:07 AM
    What support do you need? Our Windows Mobile Phones work great.
    I would most likely still have been on Windows Phone if they hadn't dropped support for MS Teams. But, in reflection, I also needed an Android phone for my work, seeing as nobody develops for Windows Phone.
    TgeekB likes this.
    12-18-2018 09:35 AM
    I'm still here with my L830, and will be to the bitter end but isn't it time this thread title was changed to
    "I'm standing in quicksand but sticking with Windows Mobile"
    12-18-2018 10:58 AM
    What support do you need? Our Windows Mobile Phones work great.
    If we are being honest with each other we know exactly what support means.
    As technology, mobile or otherwise, advances most people expect something more than a 3 or 4 year old smartphone only getting security updates. Does everyone need this? No, you certainly are getting by just fine but that’s not the case for most.
    12-18-2018 04:34 PM
    me too!
    Kevin Rush likes this.
    12-18-2018 07:55 PM
    What a ridiculous topic.

I’m “standing my ground” with MS-DOS and a green screen IBM PC with dual floppy disks. Who is with me?
    12-22-2018 12:13 AM
    What a ridiculous topic.

I’m “standing my ground” with MS-DOS and a green screen IBM PC with dual floppy disks. Who is with me?
    what a ridiculous post, you're trying to make a point using 30 year old tech, when the current WM phone is only 2-3 years old.... I get what you're trying to say, but that's like using an example of "why use a calculator when you can use an abacus to do calculations?" which is by far over exaggerating your point and unrealistic analogy... my HP X3 does EVERYTHING I need it to do but maybe not having SOME apps is a bummer... but by no means can I compare it to an IBM green screen PC! LOL so yeah some of us are going to hold out for something better than IOS and ADdroid... *cmoooon andromeda*
    12-22-2018 08:13 AM
    what a ridiculous post, you're trying to make a point using 30 year old tech, when the current WM phone is only 2-3 years old.... I get what you're trying to say, but that's like using an example of "why use a calculator when you can use an abacus to do calculations?" which is by far over exaggerating your point and unrealistic analogy... my HP X3 does EVERYTHING I need it to do but maybe not having SOME apps is a bummer... but by no means can I compare it to an IBM green screen PC! LOL so yeah some of us are going to hold out for something better than IOS and ADdroid... *cmoooon andromeda*
    I did not leave Windows mobile because it didn’t work any more. At the same time it couldn’t do everything I wanted it to do (I’m not using websites instead of apps). I left because it was no longer going to be developed and I doubted the hype that Andromeda was right around the corner.
    So in summary, could I still be using Windows mobile? Yes.
    Did I choose to go with an OS that’s still being developed so I could take advantage of the newest advances and support? Yes.
    12-22-2018 08:26 AM
    Most of us here don't blame you one bit for leaving and hope that whatever phone/OS you choose is working for you. A few of us Diehards are sticking with it till the end! Then comes the hard part, What next. :-/
    12-22-2018 04:37 PM
    Most of us here don't blame you one bit for leaving and hope that whatever phone/OS you choose is working for you. A few of us Diehards are sticking with it till the end! Then comes the hard part, What next. :-/
    Just like with BlackBerry, Nokia and Palm.
    You find the next best thing and adjust to that. Until that choice disappears (yes, that will happen to Apple and Android some day also).
    Timbre70 likes this.
    12-22-2018 05:48 PM
    I don’t post here often but here I am. I’m a CrackBerry BlackBerry guy. I moved from BBOS and BB10 onto Android via BBAndroid with BlackBerry and BlackBerry Mobile. I also own Android Flagships though I prefer the BBAndroid experience on my latest AT&T KEYone though not as well supported by the carrier as I expected. That being said, I use iPads but only for the last five years as alternative Mobile OS to supplement my phones. I recently used hand-me-down iPhone 5 from my kids that I purchased six years ago. That prompted my first new iPhone XR purchase for me. Three mobile OS
    used for last 12 years since I dual carry for both of my business needs. Actually, four Mobile OS, since I carried Windows phone different times also.

Sticking with any OS that hasn’t stuck with you is misguided loyalty. Microsoft supports Android/IOS just like BlackBerry transitioned. If you want to commiserate, head over to CrackBerry and you’ll see the parallels. The what next is easy because it was decided for you long ago. It’s Android/IOS, just take your pick, or use both. It’s crossplatform and quite enjoyable between devices. One large contract I have requires Windows 7 programs on a laptop. It’s miserable because I’m locked out from mobile capabilities other than laptop. It uses Lotus Notes e-mail if you can imagine the pain.

Good Luck and Merry Christmas.....
    TgeekB, Laura Knotek, tgp and 3 others like this.
    12-22-2018 06:01 PM
    no one is here sticking with MSFT because of brand loyalty lol we are sticking with MSFT (WM10 actually) because we like the OS *period* and/or we don't like the "other" choice of OS and prefer to stay with WM for as long as we can.... IF/WHEN MSFT releases Andromeda then we will change to that.. if MSFT doesn't release it, then we will begrudgingly move to whatever we're stuck with... but it is seriously dishearteningly to realize there is only 2 OS's to chose from... all of you in this and other threads don't realize how annoying it is to be pushed and chastise into going over to ADroid/ IOS and can't accept that in the end it is OUR DECISION not yours... you like Adroid/IOS for whatever reasons/justifications then go and be at peace with it... just leave us WM users to our fun
    fin11, TammyTT, Kevin Rush and 1 others like this.
    12-22-2018 08:03 PM
    no one is here sticking with MSFT because of brand loyalty lol we are sticking with MSFT (WM10 actually) because we like the OS *period* and/or we don't like the "other" choice of OS and prefer to stay with WM for as long as we can.... IF/WHEN MSFT releases Andromeda then we will change to that.. if MSFT doesn't release it, then we will begrudgingly move to whatever we're stuck with... but it is seriously dishearteningly to realize there is only 2 OS's to chose from... all of you in this and other threads don't realize how annoying it is to be pushed and chastise into going over to ADroid/ IOS and can't accept that in the end it is OUR DECISION not yours... you like Adroid/IOS for whatever reasons/justifications then go and be at peace with it... just leave us WM users to our fun
    I agree it’s always better to have more choices. It creates competition and variety.
    I blame the actual corporations for this though, not forum members. BlackBerry and Microsoft thought thought they were infallible and didn’t have to react to the changes that were occurring. I won’t continue to support companies like that, but that’s just my choice.
    aximtreo, Elky64 and TammyTT like this.
    12-22-2018 08:10 PM
    no one is here sticking with MSFT because of brand loyalty
    That's an incorrect generalization. Brand loyalty plays some role as well.
    theefman likes this.
    12-23-2018 10:29 AM
    My comment about moving specifically answered “what next” and I’m not saying to move right now. However, I’m sure you’re familiar with other different OS already. My point was if you support Microsoft, luckily, they’re supporting the other different mobile OS now. I don’t believe anywhere that I chastised you but if you feel wronged on any thread, hit the report button. That’s what it’s for. I referenced CrackBerry so that you can see, it happens everywhere, but you can’t be on public blogs and expect a safe place from different views. That’s what threads are for. Differing points of view.
    TgeekB, aximtreo, Elky64 and 1 others like this.
    12-23-2018 10:56 AM
    My comment about moving specifically answered “what next” and I’m not saying to move right now. However, I’m sure you’re familiar with other different OS already. My point was if you support Microsoft, luckily, they’re supporting the other different mobile OS now. I don’t believe anywhere that I chastised you but if you feel wronged on any thread, hit the report button. That’s what it’s for. I referenced CrackBerry so that you can see, it happens everywhere, but you can’t be on public blogs and expect a safe place from different views. That’s what threads are for. Differing points of view.
    I wasn't saying "you" specifically that was chastising, I meant many others on this forum in general... and yes I agree people should be able to post their disagreements and differant views, but I have viewed that many on here don't like that we as WM users have this different view and wanna stick with our windows phone... some of us have a dislike of ADdroid and IOS and thats ok too... thats all I was saying...
    Kevin Rush likes this.
    12-23-2018 01:40 PM
    says YOU... others feel differently about that. believe me there is others on here that aren't happy with MSFT as a company and don't like the stupid things they've done to us USERS and how they've abandoned us users, but still stick with WM because some of us feel its more better OS that suits us better... like myself for instance... if something came out that was better than the 3 OS then I'm sure we would jump on board and go with "whatever" company... like say blackberry for instance. say BB came out with their own OS on a phone sorta like windows or lets say HP came back with webOS but more current standards then I would probably jump to that too lol my point being is there is not any benefits to only 2 OS and there isn't any benefits to too many OS also... get what I mean? as of now some of us are not happy with ADdroid or IOS for multiple reasons... so what else is there to do? accept stick with WM for as long as we can...
    Kevin Rush likes this.
    12-23-2018 01:49 PM
    I wasn't saying "you" specifically that was chastising, I meant many others on this forum in general... and yes I agree people should be able to post their disagreements and differant views, but I have viewed that many on here don't like that we as WM users have this different view and wanna stick with our windows phone... some of us have a dislike of ADdroid and IOS and thats ok too... thats all I was saying...
    That’s alright. See my response in my other post.
    12-23-2018 04:17 PM
    says YOU... others feel differently about that. believe me there is others on here that aren't happy with MSFT as a company and don't like the stupid things they've done to us USERS and how they've abandoned us users, but still stick with WM because some of us feel its more better OS that suits us better... like myself for instance... if something came out that was better than the 3 OS then I'm sure we would jump on board and go with "whatever" company... like say blackberry for instance. say BB came out with their own OS on a phone sorta like windows or lets say HP came back with webOS but more current standards then I would probably jump to that too lol my point being is there is not any benefits to only 2 OS and there isn't any benefits to too many OS also... get what I mean? as of now some of us are not happy with ADdroid or IOS for multiple reasons... so what else is there to do? accept stick with WM for as long as we can...
    The reason i keep referring back to CrackBerry is the same arguments go back and forth there with the similar reason from both sides. Ironically, BB had it’s OS twice, BBOS and BB10, yet couldn’t survive. Just thought you might find interesting....
    12-23-2018 04:20 PM
    The reason i keep referring back to CrackBerry is the same arguments go back and forth there with the similar reason from both sides. Ironically, BB had it’s OS twice, BBOS and BB10, yet couldn’t survive. Just thought you might find interesting....
    Absolutely true. The exact same defensive comments were being made. It went so far as a certain group leaving the forums to start their own where they could mock Android and iOS and exalt the superiority of BlackBerry.....until it completely failed. Guess what they use now? Mostly Android.

No one is saying anyone has to leave Windows mobile. If it’s still working for you, and you like it, so be it. It doesn’t hurt anyone. At the same time there is nothing wrong with having a factual conversation about the future where it will not exist. Perhaps Andromeda will, perhaps it will not. Maybe something new and exciting will come along and take the world by storm. One thing we do know is technology is ever changing and it helps to be flexible so these changes don’t find you unable to adapt.
    Elky64, Laura Knotek and aximtreo like this.
    12-23-2018 04:32 PM
    At this point, I honestly doubt that anyone with a shred of dignity (or a history with WP) has brand loyalty towards MS...
    TammyTT likes this.
    12-23-2018 04:49 PM
    At this point, I honestly doubt that anyone with a shred of dignity (or a history with WP) has brand loyalty towards MS...
    Some users like Windows phones simply because it is not iOS or Android!
    fin11, TgeekB, beman39 and 5 others like this.
    12-23-2018 05:28 PM
    but... BB had android as a base... no? and I used BB and even had the BB playbook, which in its time was a great device! I just don't understand how BB could not have been popular... it was such a secure device! and used ADdroid as a base... I guess people are so funny... I myself don't see/understand the popularity of ADdroid... I just don't get people lol
    Kevin Rush likes this.
    12-23-2018 07:19 PM
    some users like windows phones simply because it is not ios or android!
    exactly!
    12-23-2018 07:19 PM
    Absolutely true. The exact same defensive comments were being made. It went so far as a certain group leaving the forums to start their own where they could mock Android and iOS and exalt the superiority of BlackBerry.....until it completely failed. Guess what they use now? Mostly Android.

No one is saying anyone has to leave Windows mobile. If it’s still working for you, and you like it, so be it. It doesn’t hurt anyone. At the same time there is nothing wrong with having a factual conversation about the future where it will not exist. Perhaps Andromeda will, perhaps it will not. Maybe something new and exciting will come along and take the world by storm. One thing we do know is technology is ever changing and it helps to be flexible so these changes don’t find you unable to adapt.
    ACTUALLY, not true a lot of people are saying it.... which is why we (WM users) get so annoyed
    Kevin Rush likes this.
    12-23-2018 07:21 PM
632 ... 2122232425 ...