Use code windows10 andsave 10% on your first Upsie warranty
05-21-2019 03:15 AM
609 ... 232425
tools
    but... BB had android as a base... no? and I used BB and even had the BB playbook, which in its time was a great device! I just don't understand how BB could not have been popular... it was such a secure device! and used ADdroid as a base... I guess people are so funny... I myself don't see/understand the popularity of ADdroid... I just don't get people lol
    Once Apple showed the world you could use your finger to control the phone, BlackBerry's days were numbered. Then the App Store came along and it's coffin was nailed shut.

People wanted what's new, cool, hip and convenient. The iPhone showed the world what smartphones could really do and from then on, nothing else, apart from to a lesser extent, Android, ever measured up. And the rest is history.
    TgeekB and aximtreo like this.
    04-26-2019 10:21 AM
    I've sacrificed my wife to Android. Nokia 7 plus. I'm hanging on as long as I can! Being forced to reset my phone made me lose the instagram app is annoying. No video and direct messages on the web instagram :(
    05-17-2019 01:53 AM
    I don't use instagram myself but according to AAWP Winsta UWP is a good 3d party option http://allaboutwindowsphone.com/flow...agram_phot.php
    Originally posted by anthonyng
    I've sacrificed my wife to Android. Nokia 7 plus. I'm hanging on as long as I can! Being forced to reset my phone made me lose the instagram app is annoying. No video and direct messages on the web instagram :(
    05-17-2019 08:08 AM
    I don't use instagram myself but according to AAWP Winsta UWP is a good 3d party option Winsta UWP adds Instagram photo uploading/sharing
    Glad to see ppl still using windows phone. I am still using my Lumia 950 as my daily driver and it works perfectly although I could do with a new battery if anyone knows where I could get a good reliable one.
    It is still the best mobile OS out there and I'm gonna stick with it. I even bought aWiley Fox Pro as a back up if needed.
    I'm also followig the 950 hacking to windows 10 which seems to be gaining momentum and success. I might join the party at a future date.
    Still, there is little out there to beat the 950 and I'm staying put!
    G4Grandad, fin11, beman39 and 2 others like this.
    05-18-2019 05:29 AM
    ME TOO! WIN PH 10!
    Lumia 1020,640 and 810 still rocks.
    fin11, beman39 and Adventurer64 like this.
    05-18-2019 12:18 PM
    I don't use instagram myself but according to AAWP Winsta UWP is a good 3d party option Winsta UWP adds Instagram photo uploading/sharing
    Well it looks pretty ok, plays video and I have my direct messages back. No making live stories and I guess no notifications

Anyhow the videos were most important.

Thanks!
    05-19-2019 03:17 AM
    not stopping any time soon, I'm buying a brand new in box HP X3 which will be my 3rd one, to good of a deal to pass on! and I still luv using my X3 haven't gotten bored of it and all the apps and games I use are still working perfectly... but that is changing all the time and when the time comes and I need to, I will pull out my LG G6... which to me is an android equivalent of the L950
    05-19-2019 11:43 AM
    My 950 started going erratic whenever the battery level went below 40%. Replaced it with this and it works like a charm now. I am using my 950 for Mail, Calendar, WhatsApp, Camera, Podcast, OneNote, Cortana (for texting while driving), News, SMS, Skype, TuneIn, phone calls (not many people do this ) and so on. Never needed anything else. I have used iOS and Android and found them both to be overkill and complex to use. WM is so simple, elegant and does more than those two (e.g. LiveTiles). I am staying put until it dies.
    Last edited by anotherBeliever; 05-20-2019 at 10:45 AM.
    fin11 and Adventurer64 like this.
    05-20-2019 10:21 AM
    I had heard whatsapp will stop end 2019 / begin 2020, do you think that they will remove the entire app or just stop with giving support/updates? According this article https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/08/whats...hones-9454292/ it seems to be the latter (I hope it).
    05-21-2019 03:15 AM
609 ... 232425