I'm standing my ground, and sticking with Windows Mobile.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Last time that POS website had news on HP they were dead wrong. Not entirely sure why we should trust that their source's source now is correct.

Here you go, the horses mouth itself. Note that this is at an official event attended by actual reps of several PC OEMs but believe what you will, after all W10M obviously has the full support of Microsoft and they are focusing on it, right.....

Sent from mTalk

TennVols73

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I tried to stay as long as I could. Started with the 800 then the 1520 and finally the 950xl. Over the weekend I purchased a cheap Android phone, the Doogee Mix, just to test out the OS. Could not believe the quality and quantity of apps that are available. I felt kinda sad to jump ship on WP, but it had to be done. Microsoft abandoned us first. I cannot stick around on dead end platform just because of brand loyalty.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Well standing your ground is admirable.

Question is:
What happens when there is no longer any ground to stand on?

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site

Question is:

Agree. And i also agree with the statement MS abandoned it's mobile customers, not the other way around.

Twitter: @PhotographyET

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Re: I'm standing my ground, and sticking with Windows Mobile. Want to leave? I won't miss you at a

Microsoft is definitely a better company since Satya Nadella,
You should research the phrase "corporate raider" and the techniques they used. Satya Nadella is just copying those techniques to enrich himself. This is short term, get rich quick thinking. Not good.

sd4f

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: I'm standing my ground, and sticking with Windows Mobile. Want to leave? I won't miss you at a

You should research the phrase "corporate raider" and the techniques they used. Satya Nadella is just copying those techniques to enrich himself. This is short term, get rich quick thinking. Not good.

I disagree. I don't think Nadella is a corporate raider, that's actually quite strange to say about him, since he'd been with the company for ages and rose through the ranks, from what I understand. I just think Nadella is concentrating on what he knows, and probably getting rid of loss making parts that he doesn't understand.

At some point you have to realise that no matter how much money you invest, no matter how much effort is put in to make a quality product, even then, people still won't change. Microsoft will know this intimately, since there have been numerous attempts to offer alternatives to Windows, but yet, it still prevailed. So while having a mobile side makes lots of sense, it also won't go anywhere in the current state of affairs, since people are rather unlikely to just drop their iphones and androids and go to MS, moreso when they're so far behind.

Some years ago, IBM went through a rather similar restructure. They sold off their PC's division to lenovo, many people were quite surprised by this, but the thinking is clear today, they confined themselves to doing what they could with relatively less or no competition, meanwhile, getting out of the crowded PC business. In hindsight, they clearly knew what was on the horizon, since the sale happened in 2005.

I just think that a lot of people in the tech industry took notice of it, Microsoft is probably no different, they'll just concentrate on what they're good at and earns them money, meanwhile, they can let the others fight amongst themselves for the scraps.

Philip Hamm

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm with you. I just got an Alcatel Idol 4S and I absolutely love it. I don't miss apps - and I have an old iPad so I have a lifeline to apps that I can't get on the Windows Phone if I really need them. I wish the Facebook app allowed me to "go live" but it works fine. I have great third party apps for some stuff - like Peregrine for Twitter and CloudMusik for my Google play Music library.

I love the live tile phone interface and Edge on my phone is great.

emiel1976

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
I have now 2 days an Samsung galaxy a5 2017 and I don't like it.
YouTube app from Google is terrible with each time an advertising and also in the middle of an video. It is so anoing. The stream to my TV does not work and I need an other terrible app for that. The screen full of icons is just a disaster and than did I not even talk about the place where you can find all your apps.
I stagagram uses ads hidden as a post.

Yes the apps can do more and there are more apps but the windows YouTube apps beat the officiall apps hands down.
Facebook messenger can do a lot more and has a nice thing. You get an icon that is on the home screen and from there you can switch fast to the chat you have.
But the positive things can not convince me to say that I like android more than windows phone.

I need an android system e cause of apps I need ells I would not get an android system.
I tried an Windows styles theme but I misse the live tiles. Widgets don't solve this.
I think I will carry 2 phones with me.
My 950xl even do that it crashes a lot.
I still love the windows system way more and the apps are not stuffed with apps like it is on android. It is just crazy. People say you get used to it but I hate it and I hate it by the second more. I would pay to get that crap away and for a decent interface.

Someone I know is using almost as long as I do a windows phone but he is looking to switch only because the bank stopped with the support of windows phone and more banks and apps are doing that. This makes that finally windows phone is useless.
The worst thing is, is that all Microsoft apps are better than on there own platform.

I love windows phone but treated like garbage by Microsoft of loving the system. It is if they want you to leave.

mattiasnyc

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
Here you go, the horses mouth itself. Note that this is at an official event attended by actual reps of several PC OEMs but believe what you will, after all W10M obviously has the full support of Microsoft and they are focusing on it, right.....

Sent from mTalk

But it's NOT from the horse's mouth itself, it's from someone who say they heard what the horse said.

Why is it so hard for people to understand that difference?

mattiasnyc

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site

Question is:

The question isn't nearly as profound or provocative as it may seem. If the "ground" disappears we move on. The better question is:

Why would you not invest in something that will do what you want for the time period you want it done?

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
The question isn't nearly as profound or provocative as it may seem. If the "ground" disappears we move on. The better question is:

Why would you not invest in something that will do what you want for the time period you want it done?

Because, for some, if you find something else that also does what you currently want but also offers longevity you tend to switch. Waiting for a disaster without planning only invites trouble. Probably a bit overboard (we’re not talking about a hurricane) but you get what I mean.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Because, for some, if you find something else that also does what you currently want but also offers longevity you tend to switch. Waiting for a disaster without planning only invites trouble. Probably a bit overboard (we’re not talking about a hurricane) but you get what I mean.
Close but no cigar. If something does what you need then you tend to not look elsewhere. For most users, Windows on mobile isn't cutting it any more thus the mass exodus. I'll go back to your hurricane reference since I'm an expert though not by choice. We're in a hurricane watch right now. Conditions are favorable for a strike but there's not much time left to evacuate. You should have all your stuff in order, the house and boat secured and the car full of gas and ready to bolt.

Sent from my HP Elite x3 on mTalk

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Close but no cigar. If something does what you need then you tend to not look elsewhere. For most users, Windows on mobile isn't cutting it any more thus the mass exodus. I'll go back to your hurricane reference since I'm an expert though not by choice. We're in a hurricane watch right now. Conditions are favorable for a strike but there's not much time left to evacuate. You should have all your stuff in order, the house and boat secured and the car full of gas and ready to bolt.

I can only speak for myself.
For me, I left because I didn’t have confidence in what MS was doing. I didn’t want to get caught with my pants down or with an exploding cigar. I’d rather be with a company I trust to keep making and supporting mobile for a long time. Did my WP work for me? Sure, but I found something that worked just as well and has full support. I’m now well prepared for anything.

Keep safe my friend!

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I can only speak for myself.
For me, I left because I didn’t have confidence in what MS was doing. I didn’t want to get caught with my pants down or with an exploding cigar. I’d rather be with a company I trust to keep making and supporting mobile for a long time. Did my WP work for me? Sure, but I found something that worked just as well and has full support. I’m now well prepared for anything.

Keep safe my friend!
I told you then and I'll say it again, there's no shame in going iOS. It's a better all-around phone. For me, Windows does a few things better than anyone else and they're very important. I'm going to ride out this storm as it's barely a Cat 1, but if the power stays out too long I'm histo.

mattiasnyc

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site

I understand what you're saying, but you changed the parameters of my example. I said if the device does what you want it to do for the time period you want it done.

In other words; if you care about a device lasting no more than two years, then if it lasts four years that's irrelevant. If you want as long a lasting device as possible then 'yes' it's an issue to take into account. But for all those people that switch every two years it might not be an issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss