Putting Lumia's to good use

inzenity

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
So yes, i'm one of those suckers that fully bought into the onewindows idea, so i'm having a couple of lumia's laying around here. Might try to sell them, but meh, always such a fuzz, so i was thinking how to put them to 'good' use in an alternative way.

Uses i've come up with so far are:

- security camera's, but how to connect them to an android phone/pc as such
- wifi repeater, but can't find any app for that:)
- extra media center, but no kodi, so that's underwhelming as well.

Anyways, i'm already shooting down my own idea, but if you have better solutions, better idea's, this might actually be fun.

Pacus1x

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
I think the best you can do with those phones is to use it as desktop clock or a dedicated GPS device for your car, well traffic apps like waze I think won't work but a least you can leave the device in your car permanently.

anon(10242418)

May 19, 2017
Visit site
What i will do with my Lumia 950

1) music player, using groove for sd card music and maybe Spotify, so i can save my main Phone battery
2) games for Xbox achievements
3) Continuum
4) Maybe as a car entertainment and gps system
5) Camera device for trips

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
GPS and Music Players come to mind as excellent uses for the Lumia devices.
I have my 925 and absolutely love that device.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
What app are you going to use? I'm trying Spotify and not enjoying the experience very much.

Oh, I plan to use the native player and put audio mp3 files on the device.
What device do you have? Also if you are using a device with WM10, I highly recommend Songify.
Good luck.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
For me it's the perfect bedside clock when placed on a charging stand. Nice alarm sounds, perfect low-brightness Glance clock (set to red on my 950XL), dark theme in the mail app, nice dark screen on the Kindle app. Easy to pick up and pop back on the stand.

Ejay Lozano

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I will most likely use my L950 and L830 as mini tablet 💻 or music players and just set them on my DT-910 qi wireless charging stands. When I migrate to android.

DallasXanadu

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Oh, I plan to use the native player and put audio mp3 files on the device.
What device do you have? Also if you are using a device with WM10, I highly recommend Songify.
Good luck.
I have a 640XL and an 830. Using the 830 as a dedicated music device. Half my collection is mine, half DRM. Downloading DRM content via wifi. Both are W10. Might try Songify.

pidjones

Feb 24, 2017
Visit site
I've had a ton of compliments on close-up photos I've taken with the 640, so it will be used for that - and as a phone until it won't.

LightenSkies

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
I have a Lumia 950. And i plan to still use it the way i always have. Txt. Email. Make calls. Take pics. Surf the web. Play some games. Listen to music on my device.

Just cause its not getting any amazing updates. Doesn't mean its not useful. Cause it still is and a awesome phone. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb