Reminisce of a good time you had with Windows 10 Mobile.

dpz

Dec 2, 2016
Visit site
So now that Windows 10 Mobile is officially been declared
No longer a focus
(i.e. dead), how about commemorating its existence by sharing a good time you had when using it out there in the world. Here's one I had.

One day last year at our local coffee shop across the street where I work, I was eating lunch and had my Bluetooth keyboard and mouse to my Lumia950xl.
A few minutes later, an older couple at the table in front of me start whispering and sneaking glances at me. I could tell that they wanted to ask me something. The lady finally turns around and asks me about my keyboard and mouse and what kind of phone I am using. I mention that it's a Microsoft phone called Lumia 950xl and that I got the keyboard and mouse from Amazon. She gives this slightly surprised look on her face and says: I didn't know that Microsoft's phones could do that. We thought you just happened to have a really small computer tablet.
It made me smile.
They started to ask me more questions about it so I told them of all the neat things it could do. They appreciated and thanked me for answering their questions.
As I was paying, the barista said: I wanted to ask you about your phone too. I thought it was cool how you were using it like a little computer. I think I'd get me one instead of a laptop.
:cool: I agreed and gave her my thanks.

That was my good experience, what's yours?

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Not much happened with Windows 10, should focus more on Windows Phone as a whole.

Most memorable experience was my first time owning a Windows Phone (HTC Trophy). I remember how 'alive' Live Tiles back then - the sleek zune tile, my Xbox avatar popping in and out, my most recent status and notifications flips on my very own Me tile, heck even the boot screen was alive! I loved how Zune would constantly change my wallpaper based on what music is playing, how facebook messages and Hotmail messenger threads with SMS conversations, when hubs were 'hubs'. I remember Bing Vision, Audio and Local Scout were really simple and useful. The basic camera and the easy gesture to swipe to view last shot. The ChevronWP and Nokia partnership and the launch of Apollo really were the times when it felt like This phone is designed for me and me only, and there's nothing else like it.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I tried WM10 on a couple of low end and older phones.
Smiled after I rolled back to 8.1 or maybe it was 8.2...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
The best memory is on my trip to Ireland in 2014.
Three of us went there for work. We decided to go see some sights around Kilkenny and in County Waterford. I had a Lumia 810 on TMO which I had downloaded the map of Ireland. My two coworkers were on Sprint and had iPhone 5 devices. We used my phone as a GPS tooling around using signal but no actual data and my colleagues were wondering why they couldn't do it with their iPhones.

Fun times, indeed.

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I've had a lot of good times with Windows 10 Mobile.

Since I've mostly been with my Lumia 950 since launch, it's become kind of a game for me to challenge my co-workers to camera shoot-offs whenever they get the newest flavor of phone. The iPhones (even the plus) get dominated very easily because they take fast, low-res pictures that get pixelated very quickly when zooming in, and even when the droids take an impressive pic, they usually concede that my camera experience is better as soon as I start showing off that dynamic HDR.

There was a huge moment in restoring my faith when SMS Relay finally dropped too. Being as I'm always on my Surface Book with the 950 in my pocket, being able to send messages from my laptop (or desktop) was a game changer... that was Apple losing exclusivity to a very big feature.

I think the most fun memory was a short while after getting the NexDock I supported when it was being kickstarted. I got that and a multi-language compiler us #NotificationSquad Windows Central devouts all know as #Code , then decided to test it in the programming class I was in at the time. As I'm setting up continuum and loading my LinkedList project, the kid next to me is giving me all kinds of looks. Then as I compile, he says very loudly "You did not just ******* compile that on your phone." which gets the attention of everyone in the class and has them crowded around me with my Lumia 950 and NexDock, asking all these questions. I was absolutely loving the reaction.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I still have good times with my 950XL. I don't plan to change my phone, except for maybe an Elite X3. Windows 10 Mobile meets my needs.

AccentAE86

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
No great times to reminisce about with W10M; it's been a rocky ride. TONS of great memories with WP8 though. Too many to even start. :(

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I can't say I've had any memorable experience with Windows Mobile. To be fair, I can't recall ANY memorable experience with a phone. I can't race one, can't fish from one, can't fly one and certainly can't bungee jump from one.

anon(9645112)

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
Still love my Lumia 730...

During the time when I got my Lumia 730, Moto G, Samsung and iPhone devices were all around, and I was the only guy in college campus with WP. And it proudly stood out of the crowd with unique design by Nokia. I used HERE Suite which helped me a lot exploring my new place, which I think was not possible without my Lumia. And Cortana amazed me and my friends when it was launched exclusively for WP. Those were very exciting days, indeed.

Now those days are gone. No HERE services. Buggy Windows 10 Mobile. Cortana app better on iPhone and Android. And the platform left to die.....

jonnythedennis

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I bought an iPhone 5, replacing my iPhone 4, way back when it first came out, had it for two months, and the whole experience just felt bleh.... nothing had changed and I questioned why buy a new phone...

Went exploring and when windows phone 8.1 came out with Cortana, I was really tempted. Picked up an unlocked Lumia 930 and loved it so much. I remember sitting in a hotel room, taking a test picture, and seeing it pop up on my live tile. That's when I knew I would love it!

I have now since switched to android, and I have yet to say I love my phone... The core experience on windows phone, email, texting, reminders, calendar, were the best I have ever had. Nothing has matched it... Seeing all of my future events pop in on the live tiles, seeing my emails without opening anything, seeing Cortana on my pc and phone reminding me of my next meeting. It all worked so well. Cortana on android just isn't the same...

I thought having an android wear watch would also help in this department, and still, my windows phone kept me more organized.

If and when the surface phone comes, I will jump on it. Apps are just apps... we all grow tired of them, but one always needs to have a solid core experience just to do life, and Microsoft nailed it.

DwarfyKing

Mar 29, 2017
Visit site
I am HAVING a good time with my Lumia 950 XL. Now if Microsoft wanna make a doo doo on me as a CONSUMER then I am out when we hit 2019 July latest. I am not gonna stick with the system if they are not gonna support it after then. Until then I am gonna make the most out of the phone as I spend quite a bit on it. I guess some CEO at Microsoft is not gonna care about that fact. Well life goes on and pass me the next non Microsoft phone then....

npoe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
One of the moments that I can remember it was when I was showing to one of my friends the Warhammer 40k game for Win10. I explained the game to him and while I was in the tutorial I started to project to one nearby Laptop via wireless to show it using Continuum in a bigger screen. The tutorial instructions about using a two finger gesture changed automatically to a mouse right click if I remember correctly. I played a little on that screen and then in another part I pulled back the game to my phone while leaving the phone projecting to the Laptop. He was really impressed and so were a couple of other friends. The low point is that all of them used Windows Phones hahahahaha.

I had another one back when they launched the Gesture app in WP8.1. A lot people in the office were impressed when they saw the phone switching between speakers and muting itself. Those were good times too.

I have a lot of good moments with the cameras starting with Lumia 920. WP cameras before that phone, in my opinion were subpar.

Scott McBurney

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I still love when I'm at work or traveling, and hook up my lumia 950 to a monitor, and use my Bluetooth mouse and keyboard and show people full screen apps running.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NunezGuad