Thoughts After the Swap

Jason Angle

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site
So as someone who held onto Blackberry till the bitter end, just sold my classic on Swappa last month, between the Groove bait and switch and Belifore's comments I moved on early this time. Share some thoughts...

First Microsoft hates WP users. No, they do, really. Borrow someone's iPhone and install any of the Microsoft apps. Run it side by side with the WP version. You'll understand the, Microsoft stopped trying on their own platform along time ago. Microsoft can build some apps. Sad they didn't bother for loyal fans.

Second, battery life,glad it is better as no swappable battery, but ordered a battery case anyways.

Third, Speed is not even comparable between a 950 XL and 7, websites, Office, you name it.

Fourth, Facetime makes Skype look really 1999.

Fifth, Microsoft it up, you'll miss live tiles for a day.

Bad
No screen projecting to tv/projector with extra work. Have to take the Surface everywhere now.

Keyboards, nothing like WP stock,SwiftKey is close.

Had to buy all new accessories because of the Lightining plug.

Adventurer64

Aug 29, 2017
Visit site
I'm surprised at the slow comments for various W10M users on WC. My Idol 4S is really zippy and smooth 95% of the time. Of course after 8mths, I'm now charging at least 2 times a day.

Jason Angle

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site
Glance screen, you can get similar with the iPhone, and going to the left on the home I have it setup just like I did with WP, using the Microsoft app widgets. Thumbprint unlock is instant, as opposed to the delay with Glance. The XL never has acted like the Surface Pro which is almost comparable to the thumbprint on the iPhone. I do miss the Cortana integration as well, it's there but you have to do more than hold the button on the lock screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos