What if it could have happened?

Oct 15, 2017
Visit site
Instead of introducing the whole new Windows 10 platform, porting apps to Windows 10 from platform 8.1, investing more on Windows 10 development and to all other stuff from scratch.
If Microsoft had decided to stay on Windows 8.1 platform with the reasonable amount of apps, market share and had worked towards enhancing the platform in terms of user-friendliness, removing bugs, bringing more apps to the store, funding more to the developers who were in more numbers once equivalent to iPhones.What could have happened now?.
What could have been the market existed today? Would they have faced a serious fall in mobile market like now?.
With Nokia in hand Could there be a chance existed to introduce Surface series (which is now like surface laptops suffer on the hardware side) which could have changed the view on Nokia that it's not only a mobile phone maker?.

Please, anyone, let me know your views.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If they put stupid amounts of resources in, I think they would have a solid, but not the best, foothold by 2014.

But they've been plodding forward at best and just started coasting by 2014 so of course it went south.

Troy Tiscareno

Sep 27, 2017
Visit site
If they put stupid amounts of resources in, I think they would have a solid, but not the best, foothold by 2014.

Since the iPhone announcement in Jan of 2007, MS has lost around $20 BILLION on their mobile projects. That seems like a stupid amount of resources to me, but, hey, maybe you're a lot better off that I am... LOL.

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Since the iPhone announcement in Jan of 2007, MS has lost around $20 BILLION on their mobile projects. That seems like a stupid amount of resources to me, but, hey, maybe you're a lot better off that I am... LOL.
After a year, Android had come in market which is a perfect competitor to iOS and spread in air.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3