Bargain on a HP Elite x3. Should I buy?

Roger Jacobsen

Jun 15, 2017
Visit site
I just came across a bargain on the Elite for 530$. So what do you guys think, should I get it or wait for something like Surface Phone? Thanks...

Roger.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Surface Phone may not happen.
$530 is not a bargain for a platform that is no longer being supported by Microsoft.
If this phone was available at half the price of $530, then I would say go for it.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Surface Phone may not happen.
$530 is not a bargain for a platform that is no longer being supported by Microsoft.
If this phone was available at half the price of $530, then I would say go for it.

I believe that $530 means 530 loonies, not 530 USD. But I agree that it's still too much money for an EOL'd platform.

OP, as was mentioned, Surface Phone may not happen. So far it pretty much only exists in rumors, and even those are fan-based. I'm not sure Microsoft has ever officially said anything about a Surface Phone. I wouldn't wait on it!

Roger Jacobsen

Jun 15, 2017
Visit site
I know W10M is not getting any new features, but I don't mind. I currently own a L650 but it's a bit short on the RAM(1GB is not enough to keep several apps going at the same time). In Norway the Elite is normally listed at $845, so it's a big price-cut. Maybe I can wait and see if it drops even more. I have allways loved windows on phones, so I hope to stick with it as long as possible.

I'm converting from NOK to USD.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
I say go for it man! I luv my X3 and am glad I got it! if you own the L650 and enjoy WM then you will be blown away by this phone, I know cuzz I came from an L950XL and the X3 blew me away of how gorgeous it is... HP knocked it outta the ball park with this phone. its fast fluid and that big gorgeous screen is mesmerizing... I luv the craftsmanship of the X3 that I even bought a nice new X2 tablet to match.. dunno why but I luv having all the same brands to match when I like something.

Adventurer64

Aug 29, 2017
Visit site
I just came across a bargain on the Elite for 530$. So what do you guys think, should I get it or wait for something like Surface Phone? Thanks...

Roger.

Tread lightly if your on TMo. I purchased an X3 recently to replace my ailing TMo Idol 4S and had to return cuz of poor performance on TMo network. Since it's not certified, it doesn't have access to certain bands like band 12. That makes a huge difference on signal strength and data speeds.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I know W10M is not getting any new features, but I don't mind. I currently own a L650 but it's a bit short on the RAM(1GB is not enough to keep several apps going at the same time). In Norway the Elite is normally listed at $845, so it's a big price-cut. Maybe I can wait and see if it drops even more. I have allways loved windows on phones, so I hope to stick with it as long as possible.

I'm converting from NOK to USD.
Do what's best for you. But do your research first...just in case it lacks something you desire or a functionality you need. A good note is the the Elite X3 is one if the last phones that an OEM has really taken care of ...HP has done well with this first W10M phone of theirs imo. Its had multiple firmware updates plus it will see some of last updates from Windows 10 Mobile in the end.

Does it come with the desk dock?

Roger Jacobsen

Jun 15, 2017
Visit site
Do what's best for you. But do your research first...just in case it lacks something you desire or a functionality you need. A good note is the the Elite X3 is one if the last phones that an OEM has really taken care of ...HP has done well with this first W10M phone of theirs imo. Its had multiple firmware updates plus it will see some of last updates from Windows 10 Mobile in the end.

Does it come with the desk dock?

Yes, the dock is included.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I too would not recommend spending a half a grand on a x3 right now. Especially it's becoming more apparent that the device has no upgrade path, althought it may be supported with security and cumulative updates.

If you have to have an x3, then I would suggest waiting a little longer as the price will keep decreasing over time.

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Actually, I am bucking the trend. I bought one - brand new, and almost twice what you are paying. My last WP just broke (screen) and I needed a new phone. Before jumping to Android, I took a gamble. I might get a year out of it. It comes down to can you afford to be out $530 in a year....

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I say go for it man! I luv my X3 and am glad I got it! if you own the L650 and enjoy WM then you will be blown away by this phone, I know cuzz I came from an L950XL and the X3 blew me away of how gorgeous it is... HP knocked it outta the ball park with this phone. its fast fluid and that big gorgeous screen is mesmerizing... I luv the craftsmanship of the X3 that I even bought a nice new X2 tablet to match.. dunno why but I luv having all the same brands to match when I like something.

I have a 950XL and I am considering getting an X3, mainly for the extra RAM. But it also sounds like it's a good phone in its own right as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3