10-21-2017 09:17 AM
49 12
tools
    I understand ur intentions but MS has made it clear, there "WILL" be no consumer device, the fans are hurt so at this moment these concepts dont make sense.
    Although, a device like this would not be marketed at consumers first. Andromeda or WCOS itself is not a consumer driven initiative according to WC. So I would not say a device like this will not appear or ever see the light of day, but if it does it is not something to be marketed for the fans.
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    10-17-2017 09:24 AM
    Although, a device like this would not be marketed at consumers first. Andromeda or WCOS itself is not a consumer driven initiative according to WC. So I would not say a device like this will not appear or ever see the light of day, but if it does it is not something to be marketed for the fans.
    That's a valid point but right now the consumer space is what's driving mobile. What is Microsoft going to offer John Q Public in the mobile arena? I'm playing devil's advocate because I'm not a typical consumer who lives by Facebook and Twitter. I would appreciate an ultramobile with telephony but I'd rather see a consumer-oriented device because the packaging will no doubt be better and the pricing will have to be attractive. If not, we'll be here next year around this time commenting on yet another Microsoft failure.
    10-17-2017 09:45 AM
    That's a valid point but right now the consumer space is what's driving mobile. What is Microsoft going to offer John Q Public in the mobile arena? I'm playing devil's advocate because I'm not a typical consumer who lives by Facebook and Twitter. I would appreciate an ultramobile with telephony but I'd rather see a consumer-oriented device because the packaging will no doubt be better and the pricing will have to be attractive. If not, we'll be here next year around this time commenting on yet another Microsoft failure.
    Yep agreed.
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    10-17-2017 10:19 AM
    My post wasn't directed at you. I was ribbing @Guytronic in a manner that's been going on for some time. Nobody here expects this mythical Surface Phone anytime soon. Just like the fabled McLaren a few years ago, this will probably not come to pass either. The more this myth gets propagated, the more angry comments you'll see on this site. It's bad enough that recent events have soured people on this platform, it's not wise to fan the flames when so many still have raw emotions. Just say "No" to FUD.
    well then you might wanna include that in your post cuzz from where I am it looks like you're directing that comment to me

also there is NORMALLY merit to speculation when we hear things that MS is secretly working on, and I'm not saying its ALWAYS 100% but usually things do pan out of speculative stuff... and as we are all adults if it doesn't pan out and somebodies panties get in a bunch, then that's on them
    10-17-2017 11:07 AM
    well then you might wanna include that in your post cuzz from where I am it looks like you're directing that comment to me

also there is NORMALLY merit to speculation when we hear things that MS is secretly working on, and I'm not saying its ALWAYS 100% but usually things do pan out of speculative stuff... and as we are all adults if it doesn't pan out and somebodies panties get in a bunch, then that's on them
    Look at it again (post #9 ). I was quoting Guytronic, not you.
    aximtreo likes this.
    10-17-2017 11:29 AM
    True...
    WM is out of focus now though :)
    So, have you planned to buy Nokia 8 then or wait for another Android ? :D
    10-17-2017 12:47 PM
    I guess he'll have to wait since Nokia already announced that the 8 will not be supporting US bands. Unless he's comfortable with GSM/EDGE speeds.
    10-17-2017 12:52 PM
    I guess he'll have to wait since Nokia already announced that the 8 will not be supporting US bands. Unless he's comfortable with GSM/EDGE speeds.
    Is that so, oh... I hope his heart wasn't broken after getting that info. [joking]
    Maybe he'll buy iPhone X then
    Guytronic likes this.
    10-17-2017 12:56 PM
    Is that so, oh... I hope his heart wasn't broken after getting that info. [joking]
    Maybe he'll buy iPhone X then
    It's so. He'll be okay though, heartbreak is easily flushed away with good Bourbon.
    https://www.phonearena.com/news/HMD-...banded_id98855
    Guytronic likes this.
    10-17-2017 01:43 PM
    I actually tried the Nokia 6 from Amazon.

Returned it on the second day of use.
    It was one of the slowest Android phones I've ever used.

No more Nokia phones for me...
    Just isn't the same feel at all.
    ads13 likes this.
    10-17-2017 01:55 PM
    I actually tried the Nokia 6 from Amazon.

Returned it on the second day of use.
    It was one of the slowest Android phones I've ever used.

No more Nokia phones for me...
    Just isn't the same feel at all.
    I agreed with you SIR! Amazon reviews had changed my mind to say No-Nokia till the latest spec phone.
    Main drawback of N6 is old hardware. Maybe it'll will gain its market after Nokia 9(Rumoured) or another REAL BEAST FLAGSHIP :D

---- Aside this, MS still not release their Creators Fall Upgrade on first day for public.
    Guytronic likes this.
    10-17-2017 02:04 PM
    That's a valid point but right now the consumer space is what's driving mobile. What is Microsoft going to offer John Q Public in the mobile arena?
    Isn't obvious? They will be offering SOFTWARE - the thing that they built the whole company on.

The smartphone race is over and MS didn't earn a spot on the podium, so they are done with phone hardware. They have nothing to offer that can be financially successful, and Nadella was hired by the Board to stop the hemorrhaging of cash by the mobile division that had no chance of success.
    There is no room for a 3rd ecosystem - developers won't support one - and the race for the spot of "Apple's competition" was won by Android before Win7Mobile was even released.

If Microsoft wanted to have a chance to win, they needed to release a new, modern OS by the beginning of 2009 at the latest, but they were 20+ months past that deadline and still had to do 2 full resets after that. Developers weren't going to get behind that when Google's platform offered them a much better development situation and already had hundreds of millions of users.

MS missed the window and didn't have their roadmap worked out properly, abandoning users and developers multiple times. The competition was far too great to get away with that.
    Guytronic and eshropshire like this.
    10-17-2017 03:50 PM
    really? funny mine is still fine and working flawless, also bought one for my GF and hers is fine too although she doesn't wear hers as much as I would like or as much as I do mine... but maybe you were too rough with it? didn't take care of it, suffer from acidosis, who knows? also that's what people said about the first gen back stands for the Surface pro's and 2nd gens and 3rd gens and they lasted for years with no problems...I think MS could make a totally reliable foldable screen just like the Surface products are reliable... imagine having a phone that can turn into a tablet!
    I was going to make the same comment about the Band's band breaking and the flexible screen but someone beat me to it. Your band will break too, it's just a matter of time. I threw mine in the trash a month or so ago. Fixed with that black goop first, then a month later it wouldn't charge, that's the pattern...
    10-17-2017 03:52 PM
    Microsoft should release a best like this, I would be happy to pay for it, even if it costs around 2000.
    That will change the mobile world and take ownership of the market for sure, Android and iOS would feel like obsolete and hilarious old OSs.
    10-17-2017 08:21 PM
    Microsoft should release a best like this, I would be happy to pay for it, even if it costs around 2000.
    That will change the mobile world and take ownership of the market for sure, Android and iOS would feel like obsolete and hilarious old OSs.
    Easier to say but a device like this doesnt have a usecase, you still would be carrying around a laptop to get your work done.
    10-18-2017 01:24 AM
    I was going to make the same comment about the Band's band breaking and the flexible screen but someone beat me to it. Your band will break too, it's just a matter of time. I threw mine in the trash a month or so ago. Fixed with that black goop first, then a month later it wouldn't charge, that's the pattern...
    Do you mean like the upcoming Galaxy X?
    10-18-2017 02:04 AM
    A desktop ui on a phone sucked for Windows Mobile 6x so MS is not going to repeat that mistake.

Very nice concept and if MS can sort out cshell and the transition between mobile and desktop ui then it will be good.
    10-18-2017 02:05 AM
    This is only make believe. Why would someone get excited about what a fan dreams his perfect phone would be? It won't ever exist.
    theefman likes this.
    10-18-2017 09:11 PM
    A desktop ui on a phone sucked for Windows Mobile 6x so MS is not going to repeat that mistake.

Very nice concept and if MS can sort out cshell and the transition between mobile and desktop ui then it will be good.
    Actually, the HTC Sense skin on the HD2 was really good. It had to be since it was the first and only capacitive display on WinMo. Geeks like us knew about the HD2 but at the time it was only on T-Mobile and they were horrible. Might explain why they were dead last in every metric.
    10-18-2017 10:11 PM
    This is only make believe. Why would someone get excited about what a fan dreams his perfect phone would be? It won't ever exist.
    so what? its called having an imagination and creativity and being capricious, and most of all its f-u-n
    10-18-2017 10:59 PM
    MS will provide OEMs the software they need to make whatever devices they'd like. However, they will not be making another piece of mobile hardware. If the market indicates that people would like a more portable Windows device with cellular bands then I am sure someone will release it...however, I doubt that will ever happen again.

All MS really had to do, from the beginning, is support their own devices. They didn't NEED third parties to make the platform successful...just like Nintendo hasn't really needed third party developers to support their hardware - they support it themselves.

MS had the technology, franchises, and OS to make this a successful platform and they, literally, did everything they could to destroy it. They convoluted and fractured their own market so much that it actually became more difficult for them to release decent apps on their own devices than it was for them to release them on iOS and Android.

Exactly every time their mobile offerings picked up steam they pissed off their fanbase, reset, and moved to something less interesting and functional with even less support.

This "we don't need a 3rd ecosystem" stuff is trash. I can't think of any product in this world that doesn't need more than 2 offerings. Just because they destroyed it doesn't mean it was impossible from the beginning.

Regarding the concept. Yeah, it's interesting but might as well be held by an alien. It's completely impossible for anything like this to be released for decades.
    werner6769 and beman39 like this.
    10-19-2017 08:33 AM
    then if your 950XL is so bad, which mine wasn't that bad or troublesome at all,
    then there is better options out there... like the HP X3 that would change your outlook on WM... WM runs fantastic on my X3 and I am extremely happy with them (WM & X3) look WM is not perfect just as android isn't and IOS, but I honestly think everyone is whining overly excessive and I can't understand what the problem is... also what does that even have to do with a concept phone rendering of what would be a fantastic device... again this concept is totally do-able to a certain degree if MS would have the B@lls to do it! so really this isn't a concept but a sorta diagram/schematic to aspire to build and make a reality!
    My 950xl runs great, from what I hear of the X3 it runs even smoother than that. I love W10M but honestly I've been burned by MS too many times. I'm pissed off at the possibility of having to choose android. Before my company bought me the latest iPhone I had not been back since the original. I took that phone back to ATT for my Blackberry at the time. Honestly in real use case scenarios android is fractured and iPhone is useless. This is speaking from a power user that runs an enterprise account. I'm pissed off that MS has allowed itself to fail in the mobile arena since ~2010. I'd absolutely love this concept and pay a ridiculous price for it. Unfortunately I don't think it will see the light of day and even if it does given MS's track record in mobile they'll probably dump it shortly after release. I've been around since before Win Phone 7, really wish they'd bring some of that magic back.
    10-19-2017 10:36 PM
    My 950xl runs great, from what I hear of the X3 it runs even smoother than that. I love W10M but honestly I've been burned by MS too many times. I'm pissed off at the possibility of having to choose android. Before my company bought me the latest iPhone I had not been back since the original. I took that phone back to ATT for my Blackberry at the time. Honestly in real use case scenarios android is fractured and iPhone is useless. This is speaking from a power user that runs an enterprise account. I'm pissed off that MS has allowed itself to fail in the mobile arena since ~2010. I'd absolutely love this concept and pay a ridiculous price for it. Unfortunately I don't think it will see the light of day and even if it does given MS's track record in mobile they'll probably dump it shortly after release. I've been around since before Win Phone 7, really wish they'd bring some of that magic back.
    The x3 is all that when it comes to W10M. Actually, all 3 non+Lumia W10M Phones run super sweet. If camera performance is important to you then you might want to consider keeping the 950XL.
    fin11 and fdruid like this.
    10-20-2017 01:13 PM
    The x3 is all that when it comes to W10M. Actually, all 3 non+Lumia W10M Phones run super sweet. If camera performance is important to you then you might want to consider keeping the 950XL.
    If someone wants to give me an X3 that would be awesome. Unfortunately paying even $1 into a W10M device doesn't make sense to me. If MS comes out with something like this concept If be there in a heartbeat. To those that say you'd still carry your laptop. Yes you would but only for power intensive tasks (video editing, data management). I use my 950xl with continuum on a regular basis. It gets me by and connects with my Enterprise account so much more smoothly than IoS or Android. Honestly if MS doesn't come out with something in the mobile space I'll probably buy the Surface Pro w/LTE and a value specd Android phone. Nothing excites me about the Android flagships.
    nate0 likes this.
    10-21-2017 09:17 AM
49 12