AMAZING Windows Surface Phone concept!!!

Jason Angle

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site
And the world record for "most broken screens" goes to...

(With the screen wrapping around one side and exposed on both the front and back, you couldn't use a case, and thus most phone drops would result in a broken screen.)

Could make a fortune in screen repair shop jobs specializing in fixing these if it happened!

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
really? dude what's with the condescending insult? and I take offense to your post, I'm just trying to add a little positive vibe to all the shenanigans that's been going around these forums... I don't find it immature to be interested in good tech whether it be conceptual or actual... frankly every WM fan would luv to see a device of these specs be released and truth be told this would totally be doable... IF MS would have any vision...
My post wasn't directed at you. I was ribbing @Guytronic in a manner that's been going on for some time. Nobody here expects this mythical Surface Phone anytime soon. Just like the fabled McLaren a few years ago, this will probably not come to pass either. The more this myth gets propagated, the more angry comments you'll see on this site. It's bad enough that recent events have soured people on this platform, it's not wise to fan the flames when so many still have raw emotions. Just say "No" to FUD.

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
really? dude what's with the condescending insult? and I take offense to your post, I'm just trying to add a little positive vibe to all the shenanigans that's been going around these forums... I don't find it immature to be interested in good tech whether it be conceptual or actual... frankly every WM fan would luv to see a device of these specs be released and truth be told this would totally be doable... IF MS would have any vision...

I understand ur intentions but MS has made it clear, there "WILL" be no consumer device, the fans are hurt so at this moment these concepts dont make sense.

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
Looks good, but no thanks. You could buy a better laptop and a phone both for the price of this thing. It's not that I am not excited, I just lost interest in Microsoft's mobile hardware. I'll stick to my 950 (which I like a lot) for as long as it is going to work, even if they release anything like this before my 950 dies.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I understand ur intentions but MS has made it clear, there "WILL" be no consumer device, the fans are hurt so at this moment these concepts dont make sense.

Although, a device like this would not be marketed at consumers first. Andromeda or WCOS itself is not a consumer driven initiative according to WC. So I would not say a device like this will not appear or ever see the light of day, but if it does it is not something to be marketed for the fans.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Although, a device like this would not be marketed at consumers first. Andromeda or WCOS itself is not a consumer driven initiative according to WC. So I would not say a device like this will not appear or ever see the light of day, but if it does it is not something to be marketed for the fans.
That's a valid point but right now the consumer space is what's driving mobile. What is Microsoft going to offer John Q Public in the mobile arena? I'm playing devil's advocate because I'm not a typical consumer who lives by Facebook and Twitter. I would appreciate an ultramobile with telephony but I'd rather see a consumer-oriented device because the packaging will no doubt be better and the pricing will have to be attractive. If not, we'll be here next year around this time commenting on yet another Microsoft failure.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
That's a valid point but right now the consumer space is what's driving mobile. What is Microsoft going to offer John Q Public in the mobile arena? I'm playing devil's advocate because I'm not a typical consumer who lives by Facebook and Twitter. I would appreciate an ultramobile with telephony but I'd rather see a consumer-oriented device because the packaging will no doubt be better and the pricing will have to be attractive. If not, we'll be here next year around this time commenting on yet another Microsoft failure.

Yep agreed.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
My post wasn't directed at you. I was ribbing @Guytronic in a manner that's been going on for some time. Nobody here expects this mythical Surface Phone anytime soon. Just like the fabled McLaren a few years ago, this will probably not come to pass either. The more this myth gets propagated, the more angry comments you'll see on this site. It's bad enough that recent events have soured people on this platform, it's not wise to fan the flames when so many still have raw emotions. Just say "No" to FUD.

well then you might wanna include that in your post cuzz from where I am it looks like you're directing that comment to me :wink:

also there is NORMALLY merit to speculation when we hear things that MS is secretly working on, and I'm not saying its ALWAYS 100% but usually things do pan out of speculative stuff... and as we are all adults if it doesn't pan out and somebodies panties get in a bunch, then that's on them

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
well then you might wanna include that in your post cuzz from where I am it looks like you're directing that comment to me :wink:

also there is NORMALLY merit to speculation when we hear things that MS is secretly working on, and I'm not saying its ALWAYS 100% but usually things do pan out of speculative stuff... and as we are all adults if it doesn't pan out and somebodies panties get in a bunch, then that's on them

Look at it again (post #9 ). I was quoting Guytronic, not you.

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
I guess he'll have to wait since Nokia already announced that the 8 will not be supporting US bands. Unless he's comfortable with GSM/EDGE speeds.
Is that so, oh... I hope his heart wasn't broken after getting that info. [joking] :wink:
Maybe he'll buy iPhone X then :grincry:

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
So, have you planned to buy Nokia 8 then or wait for another Android ? :D

I actually tried the Nokia 6 from Amazon.

Returned it on the second day of use.
It was one of the slowest Android phones I've ever used.

No more Nokia phones for me...
Just isn't the same feel at all.

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
I actually tried the Nokia 6 from Amazon.

Returned it on the second day of use.
It was one of the slowest Android phones I've ever used.

No more Nokia phones for me...
Just isn't the same feel at all.

I agreed with you SIR! Amazon reviews had changed my mind to say No-Nokia till the latest spec phone.
Main drawback of N6 is old hardware. Maybe it'll will gain its market after Nokia 9(Rumoured) or another REAL BEAST FLAGSHIP :D

---- Aside this, MS still not release their Creators Fall Upgrade on first day for public.

Troy Tiscareno

Sep 27, 2017
Visit site
That's a valid point but right now the consumer space is what's driving mobile. What is Microsoft going to offer John Q Public in the mobile arena?

Isn't obvious? They will be offering SOFTWARE - the thing that they built the whole company on.

The smartphone race is over and MS didn't earn a spot on the podium, so they are done with phone hardware. They have nothing to offer that can be financially successful, and Nadella was hired by the Board to stop the hemorrhaging of cash by the mobile division that had no chance of success.
There is no room for a 3rd ecosystem - developers won't support one - and the race for the spot of "Apple's competition" was won by Android before Win7Mobile was even released.

If Microsoft wanted to have a chance to win, they needed to release a new, modern OS by the beginning of 2009 at the latest, but they were 20+ months past that deadline and still had to do 2 full resets after that. Developers weren't going to get behind that when Google's platform offered them a much better development situation and already had hundreds of millions of users.

MS missed the window and didn't have their roadmap worked out properly, abandoning users and developers multiple times. The competition was far too great to get away with that.

dacarter77

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
really? funny mine is still fine and working flawless, also bought one for my GF and hers is fine too although she doesn't wear hers as much as I would like or as much as I do mine... but maybe you were too rough with it? didn't take care of it, suffer from acidosis, who knows? also that's what people said about the first gen back stands for the Surface pro's and 2nd gens and 3rd gens and they lasted for years with no problems...I think MS could make a totally reliable foldable screen just like the Surface products are reliable... imagine having a phone that can turn into a tablet!

I was going to make the same comment about the Band's band breaking and the flexible screen but someone beat me to it. Your band will break too, it's just a matter of time. I threw mine in the trash a month or so ago. Fixed with that black goop first, then a month later it wouldn't charge, that's the pattern...

goncaloncpinto

Jul 28, 2017
Visit site
Microsoft should release a best like this, I would be happy to pay for it, even if it costs around 2000.
That will change the mobile world and take ownership of the market for sure, Android and iOS would feel like obsolete and hilarious old OSs.

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft should release a best like this, I would be happy to pay for it, even if it costs around 2000.
That will change the mobile world and take ownership of the market for sure, Android and iOS would feel like obsolete and hilarious old OSs.

Easier to say but a device like this doesnt have a usecase, you still would be carrying around a laptop to get your work done.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12